Sign in to follow this  
76IAP-Black

Smaller DLC's / planes

I was thinking about a way to safe il2 GB for the future.
As reading the forum for the past years, we can see it will be more and more difficult to find a scenario with 8 + 2 planes, if you don't want to go to the MTO and work against il2 Blitz. 

The idea to create "content" packs with some interesting planes and subversion as the upcoming Hurricane will be, seems to be really interesting and hopefully profitable for 777.

I like the idea to have smaller DLC's, less discounts and you can choose what you want. Others like me, will buy everything, just to support the Developers.

We could have planes that could fit different already available theaters, and campaigns.
what do you think? 

4 minutes ago, 76IAP-Black said:

We could have planes that could fit different already available theaters, and campaigns.
what do you think? 

Hm, I think this isn't as profitable as you might think. The development of a new airplane from scratch is quite time consuming and

costs quite a bit and I don't think selling those airplanes as collector's planes will cover the costs.

Don't forget, the actual collector's planes available are cross-subsidized because all owners of the premium modules finance these
planes in some way, with exception of a view models. The actual prizes per plane are too low IMHO to cover the costs.

But I'm with you, I would also buy everything they publish to support them, except for bug fixes/enhancements of their existing products
I already bought.

Cheerio

1 hour ago, 76IAP-Black said:

I was thinking about a way to safe il2 GB for the future.
As reading the forum for the past years, we can see it will be more and more difficult to find a scenario with 8 + 2 planes, if you don't want to go to the MTO and work against il2 Blitz. 

The idea to create "content" packs with some interesting planes and subversion as the upcoming Hurricane will be, seems to be really interesting and hopefully profitable for 777.

I like the idea to have smaller DLC's, less discounts and you can choose what you want. Others like me, will buy everything, just to support the Developers.

what do you think? 

IL-2 blitz or IL-2 Sturmovik: Desert Wings - Tobruk as its on steam can do many other DLCs focusing on El Alamain , then Tunisia, Then Sicily invasion with Malta map and so on , thats planty ar ea and time for few DLCs untill they even reach Italy 43 that can be made as DLC in IL-2 GB for example, and we already have BoN with same map as Blitz.

The Idea was like creating new version of 

Lagg-3
Ju-87
MiG-3
Fw-189
I-15(3)
Arado 196
Spitfire

And so on, some nice planes, some missing ingame, some interesting ones
About BON, is see it as a great move and an interesting scenario, really like it and can't wait to play it. 

We have many discussions about the next theater of IL-2 GB, they need to go to the pacific in the next step and it will be a huge step if they do it!

I hope to see this series grow, and i am promoting it on other websites 

2 hours ago, 76IAP-Black said:

The Idea was like creating new version of 

Lagg-3
Ju-87
MiG-3
Fw-189
I-15(3)
Arado 196
Spitfire

And so on, some nice planes, some missing ingame, some interesting ones
About BON, is see it as a great move and an interesting scenario, really like it and can't wait to play it. 

We have many discussions about the next theater of IL-2 GB, they need to go to the pacific in the next step and it will be a huge step if they do it!

I hope to see this series grow, and i am promoting it on other websites 

They can try to add few of thouse if Finland mod map is made ok, to build early campaigns there, but out of airplanes you listed i would not buy most, maybe i-153 and if pitfire is Mk.VIII