KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82

Its time for the Ju87 D-5 ! (20mm Stuka with StuVi)

Its time for the Ju87 D-5 ! (20mm Stuka with StuVi) - vote in poll  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see it? How it could be implemented?

• It should be implemented in a future expansion pack
    • I am fine if it comes only as a collector plane
    • Actually I dont have an opinion on it yet
    • The current Ju87-D3 version we have ingame is already enough...even after early 1943

The topic under "suggestions":

I would definitly pay for it more when it comes as collector plane, but hey - if its ever going to be implemented in a future expansion pack, also fine.

• Upvote 1

I'd like to see it as part of a variants expansion pack (Boston Mk.III, Bf-110G with 30mm cannon, Ju-87D5, Pe-3...) or as part of a late war '44-'45 Eastern European pack...

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't mind seeing it in a future expansion, but i did not vote because i dont want that misinterpreted as "I want it in a future expansion".

On 5/4/2020 at 2:35 PM, FoxbatRU said:

Better Ju 87 B/R. :)

Yep. Would love to see that for BoM. D5 could/should arrive when (if) we ever get an 44/45 eastfront expansion.

• Upvote 1

Love using the D-5 in War Thunder, I’ll probably love it even more in GBS.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

Ju 87b... enough said!

Agree. For both Moscow and Stalingrad the B-2 or R model would be the best option. 

Grt M

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, sevenless said:

Yep. Would love to see that for BoM. D5 could/should arrive when (if) we ever get an 44/45 eastfront expansion.

The D5 was build since May 1943 :)

At least IF its comming, I will be very happy!

Posted (edited)

Honestly. Any slow attackplane for late war is a suicide aluminum casket. That is why I want it.  But I want a B much more I want earl war when attack planes like Stuka had a point. Not being obsolete. 
By the time D5 was around it was more needed having FW 190 or more advance medium bombers. Well in reality they needed a better fighter force. 
You need in mp servers something to get fast away after dropping bombs. You do not want to hang around strafing with tracers that can be seen miles away in a slow plane

Edited by 216th_LuseKofte

Yeah, the Stuka was very succesful used til 1945, as on the overstreched fronts they not always had enemy fighter contact.

Indeed, many Stuka pilots shot down several fighters by themself.

And no, by no means I say its a suitable plane for the fighter stuff.

On a little crowded square, called multiplayer map - off course it will have issues.

So does the Ju52 and I love to fly it too :)

Beside of my personal reference regarding the dive bomber - I really think an upgraded version could be reasonable.

We also have 3 variants of the IL-2 in the game.

Greetings

Very succesful until 45? Not really. The concept and the plane was outdated pretty early on and would only be really useful if aerial superiority was achieved.

There's no denying that without fighter cover these were sitting ducks.

I honestly think it's a waste of time and efforts and would rather have a B/R for Moscow / early war scenarios like some of the other pilots in here, with perhaps more detailed damage and i'm thinking about the landing gear so we could have explosive charges modelled to jettison the remaining one.

• Upvote 1

@=FEW=Hauggy

I agree with the proposed landing gear stuff, that would nice to have indeed.

I dont agree with your other statement, that Stuka's were not succesful until the end of the war. In many books I've read on this topic (recently, 2 days ago I received an other Stuka book I ordered earlier) its not described as you stating it.

Everywhere where the german air force operated (tactical not strategical wise), the air superiority was quiet fast achieved til 1944 (with some exceptions) - problem was: overstretched fronts in comparison to the alliied plane production output. Mostly trouble was, the Luftwaffe could not be everywhere, what was going to be more and more the case until the end and losses could not get replenished as needed. So the decline was definitly there, but other branches felt it as well.

But in every case, to our argument here:

it does not matter really, cause

a) every bomber/cas/transport plane is a sitting duck without fighter support

and

b) in this our game, we can organise actually fighter cover

Again, nobody complains about a Ju52 or PO-2, I actually think they are useful planes in their own regard.

An upgraded StuKa would be nice for the game, so honestly I would prefer the D-5 over the B-variants, but I guess that is depending also on how (in which new DLC -> map -> time era)

it would be implemented.

Would it be a waste of time as you mentioned?

Than again, I can just point out to the Ju52 or PO-2 - NOT a waste of a time in my opinion, even the PO-2 was outsourced as I can remember.

We both made out points, sorry for long writing, was in writing mood :)

Generally agree. It all depends on the set of aircraft in the DLC. If there will be a Battle for Berlin with the Soviet Yak-3 and La-7, then I will be glad to the 5th Dora and her night modifications.

• Upvote 1

If someone is prepared to fly it, I'm sure plenty of others will be happy to shoot it down, it'd certainly make nice canon fodder for the new Yak-9T :) 

But as has already been pointed out, for the current maps we have a B version would be more fitting and that would make nice canon fodder for the upcoming Hurricane MK.II :)