WTF is wrong with the armament of the mc 202?

4 minutes ago, Count_de_Money said:

online if Il2 is hit in the tail section it becomes very unstable and it's pretty difficult to land any precise shots on ground targets. Maybe AI would be forced to turn back then.. ?

Yeah. You are right I have noticed that by flak. I was wondering what that was, because it is new

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

Yeah. You are right I have noticed that by flak. I was wondering what that was, because it is new

The damage effect to HUMAN controlled planes is VERY significant at times. A player controlled IL-2 can EASILY get shot down by a AAA MG-34. I got hit by a VERY short stray burst of it and my IL-2 become so uncontrollable it banked right and crashed. How the LMG class caliber of AAA manages to damage PLAYER controlled planes is strange for now in comparison to AI controlled planes and its own effects with LMG class rounds? We get trashed pretty quick...

How the AI manages to keep their IL-2 in flying condition even when I do manage to hit them so hard with cannon plus MG fire is very strange, with visible big slabs of parts being torn off. Sometimes they still do keep to their attack runs even sometimes heavily damaged. My Que is, if they manage to drop bombs or fire off their rockets while we hammer at them would be the Que to let go and move on to the next pray. Most times they do go home successfully, even if they are smoking lots. Sometimes, If we are lucky, they'll crash, and that is a BIG IF.

The AI controlled planes at times have the BEST control on their damaged planes to limp back home.

It takes more than quarter rds (for example, from a total 2000rds of BF-109 E7)  for a player controlled plane to at least damage an AI controlled IL-2...if you do shoot at the Oil cooler area underside for example.

The only significant downside of the Italian Macchi's HMG is its lower rate of fire in normal plane speed. But Its ammo punch may not be that weak IRL compared with other HMG class calibers. Pretty sure its got better punch than LMG class rounds and with the right ammo type.

Edited by jojy47jojyrocks
On 5/9/2020 at 1:37 PM, 216th_Jordan said:

Thats not correct.

Oil radiator has shutters in back and front. Water radiator has intake on top of engine cowling (very smart idea!) and outlet is above the oil cooler in the same 'box'  as the oil radiator. You can see if when controlling water and oil radiator shutters separately. The design of the water cooler and it's hiddenness make it very tough to damage while the oil radiator is a little more exposed.

If you look closely, the radiator shutters of the oil radiator shut at around 60° angle, increasing effective protection.  In battle its possible to close oil shutters completely for a short time and solely rely on additional water radiator cooling to keep oil temps low.

You sure? Ive watched oil rads open and close from the back. Nothings visible so then its internal in that case ans i wasnt aware - otherwise I only have seen movement in the front; movement behind when the water rads are moved.

-shrug-  just saying what Ive seen. 

2 hours ago, Sublime said:

You sure? Ive watched oil rads open and close from the back. Nothings visible so then its internal in that case ans i wasnt aware - otherwise I only have seen movement in the front; movement behind when the water rads are moved.

-shrug-  just saying what Ive seen. 

I tested it again before making my post :) Just take a look in QMB, you can close both shutters, entirely shutting the radiator box and all shutters are visible.

• Upvote 1

What I can read of all this there is a frustration about weak armament meeting AI not acting realistic when getting damaged. 
As things fall together I currently attempting to finnish sea dragon final mission and aa have hit my tail on three missions making it uncontrollable. Last two today. This is a new thing after patch behavior. Can someone take a Macchi and spray the tail and see what happen to AI Il2

Edited by 216th_LuseKofte
12 hours ago, Avimimus said:

I'm not sure you are correct:

Breda-SAFAT: 10227 joules

M2: 16765 joules
UBK19229 joules

At least, if I didn't screw up the calculations...

Looks about right. UB was about two times more powerful than MG131 - which was comparable to SAFAT energy wise.

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, 216th_Jordan said:

I tested it again before making my post :) Just take a look in QMB, you can close both shutters, entirely shutting the radiator box and all shutters are visible.

Then there it is.

Im burnt out. Havent played in awhile. Did one PWGC p51 sortie and after 30 minutes of hunting for enemy ac and nothing... well.. someone fixrd the dce campaign gen for dcs and Ive been having a lot of fun in my f14..

7 hours ago, Sublime said:

Then there it is.

Im burnt out. Havent played in awhile. Did one PWGC p51 sortie and after 30 minutes of hunting for enemy ac and nothing... well.. someone fixrd the dce campaign gen for dcs and Ive been having a lot of fun in my f14..

That is actually surprisingly realistic... wasn't the ratio something like only one out of three sorties would encounter enemy aircraft (in contested airspace)? By 1945... you'd be very lucky to spot anything Axis flying over much of Europe.

36 minutes ago, Avimimus said:

That is actually surprisingly realistic... wasn't the ratio something like only one out of three sorties would encounter enemy aircraft (in contested airspace)? By 1945... you'd be very lucky to spot anything Axis flying over much of Europe.

Quite 

However Ive tweaked the settings, and used to know how ti be able to at least setit up to get a fight - in the campaign- when I had more than 10 min but not all day.

The new pwgc I cant seem to figure out. Idk.

Worse still is look- if there werent German a/cs thatd be cool too. But I cheated and they were all over the place. Just not where I was it seemed. 

Like i said its more to do with being burnt out. I mean i cant use career mod like you guys - nothings worked and I suspect all that will is a reinstall.  Thats a painful process and one Im too lazy to make now 

Heatblur did an oh so good job and now i got the dce campaigns working. Persistant map damage?  a long term air tasking order, with plane amounts and munitions amts tracked?

Sign me up.  Im addicted. I do sort of suck though ;)

I think I xame back and trapped successfully in my first sortie. Every one since has been a KIA/eject/ ramp strike