3 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Rendezvous and target waypoints are the only ones not movable off the top of my head for reasons as described by @Yogiflight above.

@Palut I can try looking into your issue but I move waypoints all the time and they stay moved.  There are backing data objects that gets updated so the data entry is only performed on the screen but not tied to it.  Can you offer more detail as to exactly what is happening?

I loaded up PWCG this morning to test.  At 216th_Nocke's suggestion I made sure I pressed enter after entering altitude changes.  I've always done this, but I've always pressed the enter key on the right hand side of my keyboard's numberpad, to no effect.  I tried using the regular enter key and the altitude changes were retained.   Strangely, after pressing that key, waypoint relocations (including climb waypoints) are now retained as well.  It seems to be working now, for the most part.

I say for the most part, because it still won't retain waypoint deletions, and when I click "Add Waypoint" nothing happens.  When I delete a waypoint it vanishes, but reappears after I move to another screen.  For adding waypoints, I right click on a waypoint and select "Add Waypoint", but nothing happens.  I can't activate right click anywhere else, so I don't see how to add waypoints any other way.  There might be user error in my attempts to add waypoints, but I'm wondering if there's something going on with the waypoint deletions.

Thank you all for your help so far!

• Upvote 1

Inaccuracy in the program.

When creating a new campaign, some pilots are immediately given a certain number of victories. In this case, there may be victories over the aircraft, which in this sector of the front could not be.
Example: Campaign - Moscow 1941, Party - USSR.
The squadron commander was initially given 3 victories. In Pilot Log we read about some of them:

On 01/10/1941 near Kurshevo.
A Ju 87 D-3 of II./St.G.77 was brought down by Major Artur Romanowski of 233rd Fighter Air Regiment.
The pilot was killed in action
Major Artur Romanowski was flying a MiG-3 ser.24.

On 01/10/1941 near Pomelnica.
A Fw 190 A-3 of I./JG51 was brought down by Major Artur Romanowski of 233rd Fighter Air Regiment.
The pilot was killed in action
Major Artur Romanowski was flying a MiG-3 ser.24.

It cannot be. Fw 190 A-3 and Ju 87 D-3 began to produce only in 1942.

19 hours ago, Palut said:

I loaded up PWCG this morning to test.  At 216th_Nocke's suggestion I made sure I pressed enter after entering altitude changes.  I've always done this, but I've always pressed the enter key on the right hand side of my keyboard's numberpad, to no effect.  I tried using the regular enter key and the altitude changes were retained.   Strangely, after pressing that key, waypoint relocations (including climb waypoints) are now retained as well.  It seems to be working now, for the most part.

I say for the most part, because it still won't retain waypoint deletions, and when I click "Add Waypoint" nothing happens.  When I delete a waypoint it vanishes, but reappears after I move to another screen.  For adding waypoints, I right click on a waypoint and select "Add Waypoint", but nothing happens.  I can't activate right click anywhere else, so I don't see how to add waypoints any other way.  There might be user error in my attempts to add waypoints, but I'm wondering if there's something going on with the waypoint deletions.

Thank you all for your help so far!

I made the same experiences you described about the waypoints. 

I noticed that locomotics seem to be credited similar to air victories and not how other ground targets are reported. 

Also, could we get an option in the debrief to have a pause and manual click to see what happened? It goes by so quick sometimes. 

10 minutes ago, DrDeath_MD said:

I noticed that locomotics seem to be credited similar to air victories and not how other ground targets are reported. 

Also, could we get an option in the debrief to have a pause and manual click to see what happened? It goes by so quick sometimes. 

Can you use the "report error" button and post the zip file?

That error is known but I have been eyeballs deep in other work.  Will emerge do do some more fixes once 10.0.0 is out.

• Thanks 1

I'm like 5 missions past it but if it comes up again I will gladly do it. It's a minor thing. I just thought it was funny and wished I could claim it as an aerial victory :). 

I just had a bit of an ill defined problem (version 9.2). I was trying to add a new pilot to a campaign, and it just wouldn’t proceed past the screen where I put in all the info. Meaning, the create pilot button didn’t work. Then I tried to make a new campaign. That didn’t work either anymore. Then I just deleted PWCG all together and reinstalled it. Now it works again.

I had a ground attack mission just over the line in Kuban. I chose to attack 2 guns at the airfield that were firing yellow (not Russian red) tracers AT ME. Whenever I fired on these targets I would get a message that said "Dr_Death penalized for firing on friendly targets". Any idea why this might be? I have attached the error log for the AAR. Normally I'm terrible at ground missions but in this case THEY WERE BOTH FIRING AT ME!

Yak20200628090686.zip

Hi,

First of all, thank you for the amazing work !

I downloaded PWCG FC 9.2 but I can't start a new career.

At first it says I do not have the Russian female names, after I copied it from my PWCG BOS folder the campaign still gives an error.

I attached the error log.

Many thanks !

PWCGErrorLog.txt

Edited by ThoDev

17 hours ago, DrDeath_MD said:

I had a ground attack mission just over the line in Kuban. I chose to attack 2 guns at the airfield that were firing yellow (not Russian red) tracers AT ME. Whenever I fired on these targets I would get a message that said "Dr_Death penalized for firing on friendly targets". Any idea why this might be? I have attached the error log for the AAR. Normally I'm terrible at ground missions but in this case THEY WERE BOTH FIRING AT ME!

Yak20200628090686.zip 464.89 kB · 0 downloads

Something similar happened to me as well! I got a a friendly fire warning for attacking an enemy ground target. Version 9.2 Forgot about that, but reading this makes me recall it. 

2 hours ago, blue_max said:

Something similar happened to me as well! I got a a friendly fire warning for attacking an enemy ground target. Version 9.2 Forgot about that, but reading this makes me recall it. 

I had that yesterday as well. Version 9.2.0.

I got shot up pretty good and limped back to base in my 109. Looked at the report in PWCG and it said I was shot by a guy in my group. Not the first time I have seen friendly fire reports in PWCG, Anybody else get these? Moscow map.

13 minutes ago, CDRSEABEE said:

I got shot up pretty good and limped back to base in my 109. Looked at the report in PWCG and it said I was shot by a guy in my group. Not the first time I have seen friendly fire reports in PWCG, Anybody else get these? Moscow map.

If you get shot by friendly fire it will be reported.

Problems in Normandie Niemen squadron missions when planes are trying to turn on the strip and ram other planes.

Check the last mission: here an mission when the leader does not start, planes are turning, while I fly away to avoid an collision. But now all the planes refuse to take off.

btw using the 9.2 version

Edited by Dutch2
0 download, guess not needed, so I deleted.zip&.txt file

Salute!  7 Sep 1943 mission flying IL-2 mod 1943 on Kuban map to attack shipping off Myshako.  Problem was there were no ships.  Attached error log and (I think) the right mission files. Same thing happened a couple of days earlier when target was supposed to be shipping off Anapa.  No ships.  Not the end of the world....I'm sure IRL aircraft were sent to targets, especially shipping, only to find nothing there.

Also observed something unusual not seen before:  Flight lead hit by flak flying over Myshako air field on way to target and spiraled into the ground.  I was Hawk 6.  Hawks 2, 3, 4, and 5 followed Hawk 1 down and all crashed.  I'm sure that's a game AI thing and not related to PWCG but very strange.  

Started campaign on 1 August and now I'm the longest serving/surviving member with 15 missions and eight air-to-air kills along with the Order of the Patriotic War Second Class.  But I'm still a sergeant.  Does PWCG use a promotion algorithm or criteria different from the basic game?

Battle of Kuban La-5FN202006291606273.zip 7SEP43_MissionFiles.zip

Hi Pat.  Our squad are running a P38 coop campaign using PWCG.  We run a mission every ten days or so.  This means we get from fourteen to eighteen people turn up for each mission.  

With this number of players we inevitably have some issues - none of which are the fault of PWCG but much more to do with finger trouble and netcode.

When it all works it's fantastic!:salute:

One of the issues we're encountering is with that many people flying there is a high chance of someone being disconnected from the game whilst the mission is running.  This can be for a variety of reasons - for instance a couple of weeks ago whilst returning from a succesful strike my pc decided it wanted to restart itself.  This week someone else lost their internet connection and was out.

Everyone else continues the mission and lands normally.   At mission end when we come to generate the AAR it fails to generate one.  As you can imagine this can be rather frustrating after an intense and exciting seventy or eighty minutes in the air!! 

We think what is happening is that PWCG is looking for a definitive mission ended routine in the logs (for when you click "Finish Mission" after landing, bailing or being killed) but when you disconnect it doesn't register as something PWCG recognises and when it comes to the AAR process it can no longer determine whether the disconnected pilot is alive, dead, wounded, a prisoner or just plain safe and sound and subsequently is unable to produce a report.

If this is so;  would it be possible to do something within PWCG to alleviate this situation?  Under these circumstances of a disconnection from the mission would it be possible for PWCG to recognise this situation and still produce an AAR?

Like I say Pat - when it works; it's epic!:)

PWCG definitely is looking for a definitive mission stop.  It did that because some time ago 1C was putting in a killed event if the player stopped the mission in progress.  People were not happy when they died like that.  So I determined that another event meant that the player left, and I stopped using events after this happened.  Now we have coop and players leave, and that caused problems, so I put in more code to check for the last player leaving.  That made things better but apparently the mission can end without players being recorded as leaving, which means that I am still cutting the event logs off.

I will go back to the original.  Hopefully everybody won't die.

Wow. Thanks very much for this Pat.  Really apreciate the speedy response and action:salute:

Hi Pat,

Just suggestion: is there any way that a pilot's default status could be Returned to Base, so that unless the logs register them as killed, wounded or prisoner it automatically assumes a player who suffers a connection drop mid mission would be regarded as an 'abort' rather than an automatic KIA? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DD_Fenrir said:

Hi Pat,

Just suggestion: is there any way that a pilot's default status could be Returned to Base, so that unless the logs register them as killed, wounded or prisoner it automatically assumes a player who suffers a connection drop mid mission would be regarded as an 'abort' rather than an automatic KIA? 

It already is.  My problem was that, if the player ended the mission while in the air,  the logs actually told me that the plane was destroyed.  I think 1C might have fixed that - hope so anyway.

A minor issue: We just made it in our Moscow campaign to 1st of march 1942. The debriefing for the last mission flown on the Moscow map was already showing the Stalingrad map. Version 10.0.0beta.

PWCG Error
Tue Jun 30 14:55:15 CEST 2020
pwcg.core.exception.PWCGException: Failed to locate image OpenMedalBox.png
	at pwcg.gui.UiImageResolver.getImage(UiImageResolver.java:20)
	at pwcg.gui.campaign.pilot.CampaignPilotMedalBox.makePanels(CampaignPilotMedalBox.java:50)
	at pwcg.gui.campaign.pilot.CampaignMedalScreen.makeMedalBox(CampaignMedalScreen.java:125)
	at pwcg.gui.campaign.pilot.CampaignMedalScreen.makeCenterPanel(CampaignMedalScreen.java:74)
	at pwcg.gui.campaign.pilot.CampaignMedalScreen.makePanels(CampaignMedalScreen.java:44)
	at pwcg.gui.campaign.pilot.CampaignPilotPanelSet.openMedalBox(CampaignPilotPanelSet.java:356)
	at pwcg.gui.campaign.pilot.CampaignPilotPanelSet.actionPerformed(CampaignPilotPanelSet.java:311)
	at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

I cannot open the medal box apparently on PWCG 10.0 Beta 2

43 minutes ago, [808_BOB]Dafak-man said:

I cannot open the medal box apparently on PWCG 10.0 Beta 2

See beta thread for solution.  Would prefer to keep this thread for released versions.

Been flying a P-47 Campaign of late. Not really sure why , and it is likely more of a 1CGS issue.

Get assigned ground attack missions, however when get to target area well there are none to attack. Or sometimes just one or two.

I have ground density set to medium. I even get a message that I sucessfully destroyed say a flak gun, only I never saw a target and had not even dropped a bomb yet or fired my gun yet.

One time I did destroy and AA and the game told me I incurred a penalty as it was a friendly. It was designated enemy.

47 minutes ago, dburne said:

Been flying a P-47 Campaign of late. Not really sure why , and it is likely more of a 1CGS issue.

Get assigned ground attack missions, however when get to target area well there are none to attack. Or sometimes just one or two.

I have ground density set to medium. I even get a message that I sucessfully destroyed say a flak gun, only I never saw a target and had not even dropped a bomb yet or fired my gun yet.

One time I did destroy and AA and the game told me I incurred a penalty as it was a friendly. It was designated enemy.

There is a backlog of issues that I have to start working.  This has been reported.  Probably a mission design issue caused by PWCG (not a 1C issue).  Units are removed by design when a player gets out of range.  An error in this design is probably leading to them being removed too early.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

There is a backlog of issues that I have to start working.  This has been reported.  Probably a mission design issue caused by PWCG (not a 1C issue).  Units are removed by design when a player gets out of range.  An error in this design is probably leading to them being removed too early.

Ok thanks much!

14 hours ago, -332FG-Reedrick said:

anyone having an issue where you have an injured pilot and you go to take leave but it doesn't list how many days the pilot needs to "recover"?

I think that was to do with font size and font type, had you changed them at all?

26 minutes ago, John_Yossarian said:

I think that was to do with font size and font type, had you changed them at all?

Bug introduced by me.  Fixed.  Going to try to push a patch release out tonight with this fix and the disappearing ground units.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi Pat, 

We were running a campaign starting with 109E7s on moscow map. Made it to March, 1st 1942 and the next mission was on the Stalingrad map.

However after the mission we got the message that PWCG could not find any log files from that mission.

Nothing hat changed, I found log files correspnding to that mission in the data directory as usual.

The error report zip is attached.

Thank you for all your work!

ESevenb202007012207592.zip

• Upvote 1