@DrKarrot Noticed same when I was working and fixed it in 9.0.0 Beta.  Can you download the 9.0.0 beta and give it a shot.  You should be able to drop your 8.1.1 career into 9.0.0 and it should work properly.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

@DrKarrot Noticed same when I was working and fixed it in 9.0.0 Beta.  Can you download the 9.0.0 beta and give it a shot.  You should be able to drop your 8.1.1 career into 9.0.0 and it should work properly.

Looks to be fixed! New campaigns have the "Stalingrad" map.

My current coop campaign seems to be fixed as well, has the right front/map, missions generate on the right one too:

image.png.7a5950e87b5812c3d0b01fcee3624c39.png

Will try out the new beta. Been really enjoying an "Attack" Kuban campaign with the 190a5 on 8.8.1

Posted (edited)

9.0.0 Beta: AAR giving incorrect information

A group of us were flying in the coop campaign using p38s. This is a new campaign created in 9.0.0 Beta When we returned to based and made our claims and such, the AAR would give incorrect information.

These two pilots never flew with us:Capture.JPG.88896170ce7a618e03b9d92f47ef44aa.JPG

We didn't lose any aircraft, but the AAR says otherwise:

lostaplane.thumb.JPG.5620404befe8fcc2a8778393085e5f63.JPG

AAR tabs are saying "plane lost" when it should be notification of victory... Also, Lt Dereck never flew with us:

planelost.JPG.57f812a00eb9acef1453a76efbb46fc7.JPG

Error Report:

The38Campaign202005252105435.zip

Edited by Sketch

I have been unable to claim any kills in AAR in the past 5 missions. Mission log files are enabled. Even though I clearly shoot down aircraft, all claims are denied. I've had this issue with 8.8.1 and I have no idea how to fix. I've done clean re-installs of PWCG, of IL-2 itself and nothing. PWCG just won't allow me to claim any kills whatsoever.

Regarding Beta 9.0.0:
I've noticed that AI bombers never drop their bombs and AI ground attack planes won't attack a bridge type target.

2 minutes ago, [808_BOB]Dafak-man said:

I have been unable to claim any kills in AAR in the past 5 missions. Mission log files are enabled. Even though I clearly shoot down aircraft, all claims are denied. I've had this issue with 8.8.1 and I have no idea how to fix. I've done clean re-installs of PWCG, of IL-2 itself and nothing. PWCG just won't allow me to claim any kills whatsoever.

Regarding Beta 9.0.0:
I've noticed that AI bombers never drop their bombs and AI ground attack planes won't attack a bridge type target.

Have you submitted an error report using the PWCG Report Error and sending the file here? I think that's the only way Pat can debug it properly...

17 minutes ago, Nadelbaum said:

Have you submitted an error report using the PWCG Report Error and sending the file here? I think that's the only way Pat can debug it properly...

Test202005260805941.zip This is only useful for the 9.0.0 Beta bug.

In case Patt wants to look at my startup.cfg for the other issue, here it is: 

image.png

24 minutes ago, [808_BOB]Dafak-man said:

image.png

FWIW the only difference I can see to my own startup.cfg is that I have "keep_binary_log = 0". Is there a specific reason you are using the binary logs?

1 minute ago, Nadelbaum said:

FWIW the only difference I can see to my own startup.cfg is that I have "keep_binary_log = 0". Is there a specific reason you are using the binary logs?

Yeah, I was getting a bit desperate with the AAR problem and I thought maybe it's missing binary logs since I'm using the binary mission files. 

5 hours ago, [808_BOB]Dafak-man said:

Test202005260805941.zip This is only useful for the 9.0.0 Beta bug.

If PWCG is allowing the AAR to continue then log files are not the problem.  After a claim is denied that you feel is not correct, please do the following:

Press "Report Error" on your campaign menu

Post the resulting zip file here

Tell me what you claimed and what you think the results should be.

9 hours ago, Sketch said:

When we returned to based and made our claims and such, the AAR would give incorrect information.

Sketch - Check the AAR dates (3 Sept vs 5 Sept) - I think you are seeing "non-mission" results in the AAR that result from @PatrickAWlson's algorithm that continues the squadron's "life/history" for other missions and days when you are not personally flying.  From the screenshots, it appears those A/I pilots/victories/losses occurred a couple of days after the mission you actually flew.  You should be able to double check that in the Squadron Log. 

It does make you have to double check when you see that "extra" pilot, because it seems like the AAR would only report your mission on that day.  But based on my own experience, I think that the AAR will give you Squadron events up to a certain date, not just your own flight.    

On the other issue, I think Pat is aware of the mislabeled tab for the victory screen tabs.  

2 minutes ago, [808_BOB]Dafak-man said:

Okay. Will try again the next time I get the chance to fly cooperatively.

It's coop?  There was a bug in PWCG where it was truncating the logs incorrectly for coop missions.  This was fixed in 8.8.1 so if you are using that version or later  you should not see the problem.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

It's coop?  There was a bug in PWCG where it was truncating the logs incorrectly for coop missions.  This was fixed in 8.8.1 so if you are using that version or later  you should not see the problem.

Yes it was coop. Problem actually appeared with 8.8.1 for us. It all started 4 missions ago (3 flown in 8.8.1 and 1 in 9.0.0). For example, last night (flying P-51) in 9.0.0 I shot down 4 planes (2 FW 190 A-5 and 2 BF 110 G-2) and my friend shot down 3 Me 262. 
We claimed the kills but when I clicked on "start debrief" nothing shows. Nothing at all. This issue happened in 8.8.1 as well. "Debrief completed" just led us to the next screen where all the messages were "Claim FW 190 A-5" was denied shown 7 times (the amount of planes we claimed).

Edit: Thinking it was something wrong with some files or something I did a clean re-install of PWCG and IL-2. I will try again flying cooperatively as soon as I get the chance and if the issue appears I will send in full detail screenshots and the zip with the campaign via "Report issue".

Edited by [808_BOB]Dafak-man

The game does something with coop logs that I was not anticipating.  Per above, a fix went in for that in 8.8.1.  If you can send me the zip file with some info on what you are claiming I should be able to reproduce the problem and fix it.

23 minutes ago, Varibraun said:

Sketch - Check the AAR dates (3 Sept vs 5 Sept) - I think you are seeing "non-mission" results in the AAR that result from @PatrickAWlson's algorithm that continues the squadron's "life/history" for other missions and days when you are not personally flying.  From the screenshots, it appears those A/I pilots/victories/losses occurred a couple of days after the mission you actually flew.  You should be able to double check that in the Squadron Log. 

It does make you have to double check when you see that "extra" pilot, because it seems like the AAR would only report your mission on that day.  But based on my own experience, I think that the AAR will give you Squadron events up to a certain date, not just your own flight.    

On the other issue, I think Pat is aware of the mislabeled tab for the victory screen tabs.  

We didn't miss any days... Are the ai flying different missions than us on the same day? If so, it would be great to separate the reports or something. Also, Alonzo was awarded the purple heart and he never took damage.

image.thumb.png.f99c079555e937a3d89b09fb6bb296cf.png

image.thumb.png.130e68b2d417f59c29b7985bd70beb9c.png

If there is no zip file attached then it didn't happen :) 

Seriously folks, I cannot resolve differences between perceived and actual outcomes without data.  I put that "Report Error" button on the page to make it as simple as a button press and a post.  Every time I sit down to look at one of those I am generally committing myself to an hour or more, even with the zip.  Without it all I have is an unactionable complaint.

@Sketch Based on Pat's answer to me below in a different thread, I think the answer is that a/i pilots can "fly" on the same day as you if they are not part of your own mission.  Based on my own observation of missions/squadron logs, I also think they will fly on "off days" even if you are not on leave.  I believe this is showing in your log above where it reflects that 2 days after you actually fly a mission on 3 Sept, 4 new things happened "out of mission" on 5 Sept:

1.  You were awarded the DFC for your exemplary action in previous missions (paperwork takes time in PWCG, nice work BTW).  But while you were on the parade deck with the general, it appears that Turner, Hernandez, and Bailey were "flying" out of mission with the following results:

2 & 3.  Turner and Hernandez were both shot down and won't be returning to the pilot board.

4.  Dereck Bailey scored a victory on a 190.

My guess is that all of this shows up in the AAR too because it wants to show you that you were receiving the DFC following that mission, even if it was a couple of days later.  You can also see this happen when you take leave - it will give you the AAR type screen reflecting the squadron's history while you were away.  I agree that it could be more clear in different screens.

Regarding the Purple Heart, I don't know.  My guess is that Alonzo had been wounded previously and his medal just came through.  I don't think that temporary light wounds on your Squadron members show up in the Squadron Log - you just see the Red Cross status until they have recovered enough to fly again.

Caveat - All of the above are simply my observations based on my own experience (I love the Squadron Log/History part of PWCG).  Pat would have to confirm anything I have hypothesized.  Here is his post touching on some of this: 

• Upvote 1

Okay this is great information! Thank you again @Varibraun!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sketch said:

We didn't miss any days... Are the ai flying different missions than us on the same day? If so, it would be great to separate the reports or something. Also, Alonzo was awarded the purple heart and he never took damage.

image.thumb.png.f99c079555e937a3d89b09fb6bb296cf.png

image.thumb.png.130e68b2d417f59c29b7985bd70beb9c.png

Alonzo gets the purple heart for all the suffering as a mission creator and server admin. Yours probably just got lost in the mail.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

Alonzo gets the purple heart for all the suffering as a mission creator and server admin. Yours probably just got lost in the mail.

That means Pat is getting the Medal of Honor! :ph34r:

39 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

I put that "Report Error" button on the page to make it as simple as a button press and a post. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Varibraun said:

That means Pat is getting the Medal of Honor! :ph34r:

I was thinking wound badge in gold

• Like 1

@PatrickAWlsonimage.thumb.png.a1289ffbc74e23dbfbede233511bcade.png flew a P-38 mission tonight. Cooperative gamemode. I shot down 7 Ju 88 A-4 and my buddy shot down 5 of them. We claimed the kills, debrief screen showed no info without the "maximum information" option on. I switched on "maximum information" and we saw the information showing, including us hitting the planes.
However, kills were denied in the next page. Neither me nor my buddy got anything to his name. No idea why this is still happening.

Lightning Campaign202005272005979.zip

We're having an issue since the latest steam update and the latest PWCG with co-op patrol missions where the flight leader turns back for home after a few waypoints in. This seems to happen in every patrol mission we get, I've tried spacing the waypoints out and making sure the flight paths aren't crossing over, but the leader still heads home early for a hot cup of tea. Zip file attached. Thank you for creating this amazing generator, we were having a blast until this little issue came up, here's hoping it isn't too complicated to sort out.

Krabz Go To Early War202005272005920.zip

12 hours ago, Blorg said:

We're having an issue since the latest steam update and the latest PWCG with co-op patrol missions where the flight leader turns back for home after a few waypoints in.

Does he turn around, when reaching an enemy airfield close to the front? This should be sorted out with the new version 9.0.0 (not Beta), which Pat released yesterday.

I found a runway start issue: When standing on a runway, flight leader asks for a permission to taxi to the runway (like in a cold start?). Fake airfield tells him: no, runway is busy. Nobody takes off. This was a F4 patrol mission on moscow map, happened several times in a row even after scrapping a mission and generating a new one.

21 minutes ago, JJA said:

I found a runway start issue: When standing on a runway, flight leader asks for a permission to taxi to the runway (like in a cold start?). Fake airfield tells him: no, runway is busy. Nobody takes off. This was a F4 patrol mission on moscow map, happened several times in a row even after scrapping a mission and generating a new one.

Had this issue in a Stuka campaign where flight lead just turns asks for taxi and just leaves. 

To properly report the issue please press "Report error" in your campaign and send the zip. Patt can't work without it.

4 hours ago, Yogiflight said:

Does he turn around, when reaching an enemy airfield close to the front? This should be sorted out with the new version 9.0.0 (not Beta), which Pat released yesterday.

Could very well be, I'll try and report my results. Thanks

Posted (edited)

Similar issue to someone else with the leave campaign and error report buttons being off the screen in a single player campaign. Screen is a 1920x1080 and it happens regardless of whether auto size is on or off. In fact it even happens when I select a specific window size for PWCG. I find if I maximise the window I get most of the leave campaign button and it is usable. So comparison shots from both a single and co-op campaign. In the co-op campaign the report error is visible but still slightly off screen. Both maximised. Screen size chosen as 1600x900. 

<edit> Also to add that changing the screen fonts does help when I maximised the window but if left as it is on start up at 1600x900 I find that I can only get to the buttons if I drag down the bottom edge of the window. So if I understand how I think you intend this to work with the sizing I would say that the contents of the window is not scaling correctly with change of window size specs. Added the font sizes I ended up with.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

Annotation 2020-05-28 231840.jpg

small font.jpg

Edited by No457_Stonehouse
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I previously reported this and I don’t know if it’s screen or font sizing but in I cannot see the commanding officer in skin management in my p51 campaigns. I also can’t change his photo. He shows in the pilot roster but not on the roster in skin management. I’ve changed various font sizes like pilot and others but the commander doesn’t show up in skin management. 

Lastly I get instances when the main campaign screen gets weird with portions of the menus duplicating or even more on the screen. Could my Java install be borked or do others have this? 

Edited by TheSNAFU

@No457_Stonehouse, try 1920 x 1080 and 'Primary Font Large Size' set to 22 in your GUI Configuration. This is the setting that works for me.

38 minutes ago, Yogiflight said:

@No457_Stonehouse, try 1920 x 1080 and 'Primary Font Large Size' set to 22 in your GUI Configuration. This is the setting that works for me.

Oddly that did not work for me on a 1920 x 1080 TV. I went with 20 and this allowed the 'Leave Campaign' and 'Error Report' to display. In my case it might have to do with the GPU having to use 1824 x 1026 to get stuff to display properly.

something to report with the After action report. In several flights I get the report 'A...was destroyed..' So no identification on what exactly was destroyed but the where ground targets.

Tempest202005282205326.zip

3 hours ago, TheSNAFU said:

I previously reported this and I don’t know if it’s screen or font sizing but in I cannot see the commanding officer in skin management in my p51 campaigns. I also can’t change his photo. He shows in the pilot roster but not on the roster in skin management. I’ve changed various font sizes like pilot and others but the commander doesn’t show up in skin management. 

Lastly I get instances when the main campaign screen gets weird with portions of the menus duplicating or even more on the screen. Could my Java install be borked or do others have this? 

I did some tests and found German campaigns (JG26) work properly with all 12 pilots showing on the chalkboard, in the pilot roster and in skin management. I can change the pilot pictures on the main menu. I then set up an RAF campaign (66 squadron) and found the same problem I have with US campaigns (352 FG) accept with the RAF campaign there were 12 pilots on the chalkboard, 11 on the pilot roster and 11 pilots showing in Skin Management. In the US campaign 12 pilots show on the chalkboard, 11 in the pilot roster and only 10 pilots in Skin Management.  All campaigns were on the Bodenplatte Map, 9/1/44 start date. Doesn't seem like this is a resolution or font issue since the German campaign was correct but IDK.   

Posted (edited)

@TheSNAFU I recreated it.  The reason that I found was that historical aces are excluded.  This is intentional as historical aces have skins assigned to them through their data file.

@busdriver I did some work around font size and pilot name plate size, generally making them smaller.  Will be available in 9.0.1.  In the meantime people can do the same by changing font size in the GUI config.  20 seems to work on monitors less than 1400 pixels high.  I have it at 12 for monitors less than 1000 pixels.

Edited by PatrickAWlson
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

@TheSNAFU I recreated it.  The reason that I found was that historical aces are excluded.  This is intentional as historical aces have skins assigned to them through their data file.

Thanks for the reply Pat. I’m sorry to keep dragging this dead horse around but the issue seems to go beyond skins. I now understand why a pilot or more are not available in skin management. But Pilots on the chalkboard are not showing up in the pilot roster on the right side of the main screen. In my tests 1 pilot on the chalkboard is missing in the pilot roster. Is that what you would expect? 

Edited by TheSNAFU

I seem to be unable to generate any missions (singleplayer or coop) since upgrading to 9.0.0 from 8.0.0.   The error log shows two errors, the first being:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: ...\PWCGBoS\BoSData\User\PlanesOwned.config (The system cannot find the file specified)

which is strange to me because that file exists and has the proper data.  I have included my \User directory to show that I have the proper files.

The second error is 

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0

which made me think that maybe I had the wrong Java version so I installed the latest Java 64 bit version but I still get the  same pair of errors.

I don't think its necissary for this issue but I included an error report .zip of a test campaign in case it helps.  PWCGErrorLog.txt is of course included as well.

Just to be sure I tried rolling back to 8.0.0 and in that version I am able to generate missions without issue.

Really do hope that I'm missing something simple here, I cannot get any of the people I play with to replicate the issue.  Mission generation works for them.

PWCGErrorLog.txt test202005282305706.zip User.zip

6 missions in 9.0, good action in all of them and no waypoint problems.  Really enjoying the "ground up" concept. 

However, keeping things interesting - I did run across this last night on the Kuban map :o: :biggrin:

image.png.95eec7f9c6514b5525e7d143159ab081.png

Aces over Kuban202005290905502.zip

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, TheSNAFU said:

Thanks for the reply Pat. I’m sorry to keep dragging this dead horse around but the issue seems to go beyond skins. I now understand why a pilot or more are not available in skin management. But Pilots on the chalkboard are not showing up in the pilot roster on the right side of the main screen. In my tests 1 pilot on the chalkboard is missing in the pilot roster. Is that what you would expect? 

image.thumb.png.fbc597fbb0eff30205c45ecf2bd78309.png

Pat, here is a screen on my campaign main menu. Derrick Smith is on the chalkboard but not in the pilot roster nor the skin management pilot list. As you can see he is not an ace with zero victories. George Preddy is an ace and shows on the chalkboard and pilot roster but not skin management which as you noted is correct. I also attached the error log if its helpful. 

PWCGErrorLog.txt