Jump to content

New PWCG Issues Thread


PatrickAWlson
 Share

Recommended Posts

I guess this is were to post,  while flying missions in Flying Circus I have encountered the "Object Undefined" which normally after clicking "ok" everything works and could complete the mission, After installing PWCG 8.7.2 Now the Sidewinder Force Feedback2 Joystick stops responding but the TrackIR works normally. Since this is happening in game and not the campaign manager but has been happening since the upgrade to 8.7.2, I hope that it is just a small bug that will be fixed in the next update to the campaign manager. Also since I first installed the campaign manager when I finish the mission in game before I exit  it always shows the mission as "Failed". Thanks for any help 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DD_Fenrir

Hi Pat,

 

Couple of issues:

 

1. When generating a comp.co-op mission for a single user flown squadron that has a ground attack mission, we get a short description in the briefing of what the nature of the target is.

 

However if two or more squadrons with user flown a/c are involved, no description is given to either if they have a ground attack mission, just the note on the briefing map that they have a "target" - no clarification as to type of target they are after. Makes giving the briefing to the boys a bit vague, especially those flying with no icons, as they have not the foggiest what to look for in the target area!

 

2. Bodenplatte P-38 campaign around the Malmedy area getting allied and axis units spawned in the middle of forests and also some axis AAA guns spawned in lakes.

Edited by DD_Fenrir
Link to comment
Share on other sites

PatrickAWlson

@DD_Fenrir

1. I can look into that

2. PWCG has no concept of underlying terrain.  There is some attempt to set up front lines such that not too much ends up in the river, but that is the best that I can do at the moment.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

DD_Fenrir
15 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

@DD_Fenrir

1. I can look into that

2. PWCG has no concept of underlying terrain.  There is some attempt to set up front lines such that not too much ends up in the river, but that is the best that I can do at the moment.

 

Thanks, Pat, you're work as always is greatly appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Varibraun
9 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

I think it has to do with squadron members being disabled during the mission.  

 

Yes...thank you Pat.  Also, looking a little deeper, I confirmed in the screenshots below that our "missing" pilot has also now become a "ghost" pilot with another squadron. 

 

Recap - On that particular mission, the assigned AI pilot (Ignaz Sauerbrunn) who didn't show up in the post mission screens was never reported KIA in the squadron log.  He just disappeared completely from our squadron pilot board, but is now with another squadron as an "active" but KIA pilot.  I will update you on his "progress" in ghost status if you think that will help you.

 

Here is how I tracked him down:

 

Spoiler

Squadron Log showing Ltn Ignaz Sauerbrunn reporting to I./JG2 on 3 Sept:

image.png.fef5e2d448a3caf03448b27a0f27a5d0.png

 

Intel Report following him dropping off the Mission Report and JG2 Pilots Screen showing Sauerbrunn now with I./KG54:

image.png.b1283d0e31ff10b7c179a14ecbce93cf.png

 

Heaven forbid, I had to create a bomber pilot to track him down...and here he is on 8 Sept with KG54 looking fit to fly:

image.thumb.png.050dd8a52edc8ea81bf489f1ace665d9.png

 

But checking his logbook we see that he has now become one of the "ghosts" since he is actually KIA:

image.thumb.png.7e0bf3c4f717b6250a217da8b5254613.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

-332FG-Reedrick

Sorry if posting in the wrong thread as I searched and couldn’t find anything related, and when I do search online I don’t really see an “answer”.  I’ve been doing coop campaign missions on PWCG and every mission we do what the objective is, and we follow every Waypoint and land back at the airbase.  Yet every time we exit after landing we get a Mission Failed.  Is this a bug or an I doing something wrong in the setup?  Again sorry if this isn’t the correct place and thank you for any answers / clarification

 

*Edit*  

 

To also clarify we never get any message or acknowledgement of us actually completing  the general objective outlined in the briefing even though we do and get the set of waypoints to begin RTB

Edited by Reedrick
Clarification
Link to comment
Share on other sites

PatrickAWlson

If everybody is making it back and landing then the mission should be successful in the game.  However, there seems to be some ever changing logic around this that produces ever changing results.  PWCG really doesn't care one way or the other.

 

You will not get any real acknowledgement as to success or failure.  I avoid that sort of thing because I don't want players to feel locked in to a specific set of actions.  Acknowledgements come in the form of medals and promotions.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

-332FG-Reedrick
1 hour ago, PatrickAWlson said:

If everybody is making it back and landing then the mission should be successful in the game.  However, there seems to be some ever changing logic around this that produces ever changing results.  PWCG really doesn't care one way or the other.

 

You will not get any real acknowledgement as to success or failure.  I avoid that sort of thing because I don't want players to feel locked in to a specific set of actions.  Acknowledgements come in the form of medals and promotions.

I figured as much, just wanted to make sure I wasn’t doing something wrong in the setup.  Thanks for the quick response, and great work, me and my friends really enjoy it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PatrickAWlson
On 5/1/2020 at 9:23 AM, Yogiflight said:

Hmm, this would be my issue. Since 8.7.1, I think, I only have 'Leave Campaign' half on my screen, the 'Report Error' button is not on it anymore.

 

I tries to reproduce the issue by setting PWCG screen size to 1920x1080.  I still saw all of the buttons - just barely but they were there.

 

One thing you can do is reduce font sizes.

Main menu (not campaign) -> Configuration -> GUI.

 

You will see fonts like Primary Font Size and Large Font Size - I reduced them from 20/25 to 15/15 and that bought quite a bit of real estate.

On 5/1/2020 at 7:04 PM, BB-Madman said:

Russian campaign on Stalingrad map is broken. Your home field is behind enemy lines. I've created multiple Russian campaigns. On the Moscow and Kuban maps, you take off from Russian territory then fly west towards the front lines (as you should). When I start a Russian campaign on the Stalingrad map, we take off from German territory then fly east towards the front lines. I've tried different start dates, different planes/squadrons, and we always start in German territory and fly east. The German campaign on the Stalingrad map has you taking off from German territory and flying east towards the front lines (as you should). It probably started in version 8.5 or 8.6. This is what I was running into when I started my "Going the wrong way" thread.

 

I have tried multiple times using the zips you have provided and new campaigns I have created.  I am not able to recreate the problem.  Suggest you wipe PWCG (try keeping the campaigns) and reinstall fresh.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yogiflight
1 hour ago, PatrickAWlson said:

I tries to reproduce the issue by setting PWCG screen size to 1920x1080.  I still saw all of the buttons - just barely but they were there.

 

One thing you can do is reduce font sizes.

Main menu (not campaign) -> Configuration -> GUI.

 

You will see fonts like Primary Font Size and Large Font Size - I reduced them from 20/25 to 15/15 and that bought quite a bit of real estate.

Thanks for the tip. I never knew, what all that GUI stuff means, so I never really cared about it.

It was enough to reduce the 'Primary Font Large Size' from 25 to 20. Now I have everything on the screen again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest deleted@210880

Is there a manual work-around that enables me to set the skins of the rest of the flight please, whilst it does help me spot my allies it's a bit immersion breaking!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nadelbaum

Pat, would you be so kind to acknowledge whether you are able to see the missing front lines in the mission as well? Here's a new one generated with 8.7.3. The front line is not visible in the briefing (in-game) and it is not visible in the map (in-game). Everything looks ok on PWCG side. 

 

If you don't see the issue, then I need to dig what is wrong on my side. If you do see, then I don't spend more time here on finding out the reason.

 

HeinkelBomber 1941-11-27.zip

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BB-Madman
On 5/4/2020 at 12:22 PM, PatrickAWlson said:

I have tried multiple times using the zips you have provided and new campaigns I have created.  I am not able to recreate the problem.  Suggest you wipe PWCG (try keeping the campaigns) and reinstall fresh.  

 

Deleted everything, installed 8.7.3, problem solved. Thanks. :good:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SkyKingRP

I just flew a mission on FC using 8.7.2.  After debrief, I found that I have been credited for 20 total missions, even though I only flew 4!  Is there a way to edit the file to correct the mission count?  Also, Manfred von Richtofen joined the squadron every day for a week.  Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PatrickAWlson

I got the "ghost pilot" thing fixed.  At least I think I did - have to spend some time with it to be sure.  What was happening is that a pilot was being sent to many squadrons when he was sent as a replacement.  I was not atomically choosing a pilot and removing him from the pool of available replacements.  Now I have one guy with the same serial number in several squadrons.  When PWCG looks up a guy by serial number it returns the first match, which means you will frequently not get  the right one.

 

First step was correcting the AAR to remove a pilot from the replacement pool as soon as he was chosen.  Next was to put a campaign cleanup routine on campaign open that took all instances of duplicate pilots and changed their names and serial numbers.  When you download the next release, if you see the name of one of your AI squadron mates change, you know why.

 

Got the no artillery on high fixed.

 

Got the P40 winter skin being used in fall fixed.

 

Looked into no front lines for Stalingrad.  Unable to reproduce at this point.  The lines show up in PWCG and on the in game map.  @Nadelbaum The front line file for this period is PWCGCampaign\BoSData\input\Stalingrad\19421011.  As the name suggests this front line starts in Oct 11 1942 and is used until Nov 23 1942.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nadelbaum
1 hour ago, PatrickAWlson said:

 

Looked into no front lines for Stalingrad.  Unable to reproduce at this point.  The lines show up in PWCG and on the in game map.  @Nadelbaum The front line file for this period is PWCGCampaign\BoSData\input\Stalingrad\19421011.  As the name suggests this front line starts in Oct 11 1942 and is used until Nov 23 1942.  

It is Moscow 1941 not Stalingrad. The issue is not a missing front line in PWCG, the issue is that the front line is missing from in-game (briefing and map during flight).

Edited by Nadelbaum
typos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nadelbaum

@PatrickAWlson Here's more testing on the missing front lines in-game. I have have ruled out the fact that it would be coming from 8.7.x releases. I can see the same issue when generating new missions with 8.6.0 so doesn't seem likely to be a new issue from 8.7.x (I was wondering about this earlier, but proved to be wrong assumption).

 

So, I started from scratch, with PWCG 8.7.3:

 

1) Created a test campaign (He111 bomber), I./KG53, Moscow map, start date 1.11.1941

2) Only setting that is changed from default is to enable air start

3) First mission 1.11.1941 -> Everything is fine with regards to front lines in-game

4) Took 12 days of leave

5) Second mission 13.11.1941 -> Everything is still fine with regards to front lines in-game

6) Took another 12 days of leave

7) Third mission 25.11.1941 -> Front lines are now missing in the in-game map


Campaign packaged:

 

TestCampaign202005060805974.zip

 

All three missions packaged in single zip:

 

TestCampaign_Missions.zip

 

(Side note: I know that this is a known issue too, but still mentioning that during my 24 days of leave my mission counter in the chalkboard was incrementing. I guess that would be called an active leave ;) )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Small bug in PWCG for FC.....

 

During a German campaign my pilot was killed and I started a new pilot in the same campaign.   After 9 or 10 missions with the new pilot he was promoted to Feldwebel.

 

My deceased pilot was promoted on the same day !    It is good to know he has the appreciation of a grateful nation.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

PatrickAWlson
1 hour ago, JG1_Jaus said:

Small bug in PWCG for FC.....

 

During a German campaign my pilot was killed and I started a new pilot in the same campaign.   After 9 or 10 missions with the new pilot he was promoted to Feldwebel.

 

My deceased pilot was promoted on the same day !    It is good to know he has the appreciation of a grateful nation.

 

I do allow medals and promotions to be done posthumously for AI and player.  It was done historically. As long as he isn't flying anymore :) 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Utopioneer

Flew three missions tonight on 8.7.3

 

  • Had the undefined object error for the first time
  • Mission flown total incrementing for pilots that did not participate
  • Promotion announcements for human and AI that are not warranted nor reflected in the roster board after the announcement (false promotion announcement)
  • A kill of type "Locomotive_E" was credited as an air kill
Edited by Utopioneer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Varibraun
On 5/6/2020 at 2:05 AM, Nadelbaum said:

Here's more testing on the missing front lines in-game.

 

Just an FYI that I have missing front lines on the in flight map in BoBp in 12/44.  The encirclement of Bastogne and the Bulge (plus the new attack arrows) show up great on the mission map, but are not shown in flight.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nadelbaum
51 minutes ago, Varibraun said:

 

Just an FYI that I have missing front lines on the in flight map in BoBp in 12/44.  The encirclement of Bastogne and the Bulge (plus the new attack arrows) show up great on the mission map, but are not shown in flight.

Related to winter maps perhaps? 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I downloaded the latest version on the PWCG website and installed it correctly yet when I go to launch it, it says I do not have java. I do have java. I use the RoF PWCG all the time no problem and have used PWCG for BoX in the past. I tried updating my java and it still doesn't work, I get the same error. Is the latest version on the site just broken? Where can I download a previous version? Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PatrickAWlson
10 minutes ago, mrBruce2 said:

I downloaded the latest version on the PWCG website and installed it correctly yet when I go to launch it, it says I do not have java. I do have java. I use the RoF PWCG all the time no problem and have used PWCG for BoX in the past. I tried updating my java and it still doesn't work, I get the same error. Is the latest version on the site just broken? Where can I download a previous version? Thanks

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Varibraun

8.8.0 Issues noted this morning:

 

-Still getting some missing and additional pilots in the attached imported campaign (I can provide screenshots if you need them).

 

-Looks like there is a new individual pilot victory screen (thank you) - but it is tabbed under "Plane Lost"

Spoiler

image.png.f4cbe1f9379dede0fb941011d091a477.png

 

-Version shows up as 8.9.0 vs 8.8.0

 

Thank you for all your tireless work!

Mark - WF - Allies202005090905611.zip Mark - WF - Allies202005091005269.zip

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Pat,

Thank you for the new version of your Campaing Generator.

I've noticed the same bug about the new individual pilot victory screen ("Plane Lost" written).

In the Advanced Configs, the mission spacing seems to have disappeared.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PatrickAWlson
32 minutes ago, cmbishop said:

Hi Pat,

Thank you for the new version of your Campaing Generator.

I've noticed the same bug about the new individual pilot victory screen ("Plane Lost" written).

In the Advanced Configs, the mission spacing seems to have disappeared.

 

 

For the first, I'm not sure that I understand.  Did I get part of the text wrong or is it still displaying the planes lost page twice?  

 

Second was on purpose.  Mission spacing is now internalized and works historically.  Because of the need to have separate mission spacings for every time period on every map I did not make it user configurable.  My own feeling is that any PWCG pilot that plays using the existing spacing will score far more victories than any historical pilot, so IMHO there are still hundreds of missions in a career.  For anybody that wants a break and faster pacing the leave button is there for that.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

For the first answer, it's only an error in the text. In the Tab, "Plane lost" is written instead of "Notification of Victory".

 

Ok, I understand for the second part.

 

Thank you again for your hard work !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

milktoast

Currently running into a problem with coop campaigns where events arent being recognized during the AAR. Around six player flew two missions back to back and during debrief only two events were recorded near the beginning of each flight. Previous flight AARs were recorded correctly, only thing changed between past flights and the two most recent were adding new players.

Operation Clusterf--k202005082305160.zip

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

PatrickAWlson
1 hour ago, -3JCG-Twiddle-Diddles said:

Currently running into a problem with coop campaigns where events arent being recognized during the AAR. Around six player flew two missions back to back and during debrief only two events were recorded near the beginning of each flight. Previous flight AARs were recorded correctly, only thing changed between past flights and the two most recent were adding new players.

Operation Clusterf--k202005082305160.zip 224.45 kB · 0 downloads

 

Log weirdness.  Two missions were flown for 19410505 generating two distinct log file sets - all normal.  What is not normal is that all of the pilots are registered as spawning on the first log set (the short one) but they do not spawn in the second.  I have never seen that before.

 

At this point PWCG is lost.  PWCG is coded to use the last log set available for a mission, allowing a player to refly a mission and correctly use the last one.  In this case none of the spawns are in the refly log set so PWCG has no idea who participated.

 

I will post something in the bugs section but this does leave me with a problem.  I have always counted on complete information being available in a single log set.  If that is no longer true then reflies will pose a non trivial challenge.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Patrick, thank you so much for the great program.
I drew attention to the following feature. I shoot down an enemy plane, it crashes and kicks in. From the recording of the camera it can be seen that at the time of the explosion the pilot was in the cockpit. And then in the mission log I read that the pilot was slightly injured, or seriously injured, or captured. Why didn’t he die in the explosion? Is this what you intended, or is it a error?
I have watched this many times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PatrickAWlson
57 minutes ago, Kur12 said:

Patrick, thank you so much for the great program.
I drew attention to the following feature. I shoot down an enemy plane, it crashes and kicks in. From the recording of the camera it can be seen that at the time of the explosion the pilot was in the cockpit. And then in the mission log I read that the pilot was slightly injured, or seriously injured, or captured. Why didn’t he die in the explosion? Is this what you intended, or is it a error?
I have watched this many times.

 

I have seen the same.  Post the mission logs the next tie you see it.  I'll take a look myself.  I think it's the game and not PWCG, but I can at least make sure.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 минут назад, PatrickAWlson сказал:

 Post the mission logs the next tie you see it. 

How to do it? What kind of files are needed and where are they located?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kur12 said:

How to do it? What kind of files are needed and where are they located?

Click on "Report Error" in PWCG. That will package your campaign. It will be located inside your PWCG installation under "ErrorReport" folder. 

Edited by Nadelbaum
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is a error report. In the mission log Hptm Leopold Justmann was seriously wounded, and by recording from the camera it was clear how his plane exploded into contact with the ground.

Kur1202005101105120.zip

And yet, Patrick, as I already wrote, you have an excellent program, it is much deeper and more interesting than the IL-2’s built-in career.
Have you thought about translating the program into other languages? 
I do not know how to do this, but if all the program texts were in some kind of text file, then there would be many enthusiasts who would translate this file into their native languages, so that the program then substitutes the texts from the file selected by the user with his language.
Please forgive me if I just said something very funny in terms of technical implementation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • LukeFF pinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...