9 minutes ago, Varibraun said:

Thanks Pat - Also, I used bad terminology above (corrected), the PWCG mission generates fine through the binary process and appears correctly in the in game PWCG mission folder.  The error occurs during the in game mission loading screen.  So, you will see the error immediately if you can recreate it.

The "report error" function pulls in the missions, so I should have it.  Thanks for posting.

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, stylo said:

Had a strange mission the other day... working as intended? Bomber intercept wherein the climb waypoints took me to 8400m (in the MiG-3). Saw no bombers all the way up there, but got some pretty pictures. Total 50 minutes round trip.

oh and here's a pic of landing lights at 7km altitude. lol 

62C3D98F-524C-48B0-9D99-E6C54E134C8A.jpeg

@stylo No idea on that one.  Every PWCG mission for every flight ends with the same pattern.  An approach waypoint at much less than 1K meters followed by the landing command.  Getting to the WP triggers the landing, so the plane should be down low. 

Triggering a waypoint is based on lat/lon and not altitude, so it is possible to trigger a waypoint set at 500 meters from 7K meters.  I can see that happening if a flight did not follow the changes in altitude for some reason (chasing an enemy?), triggered the waypoint and suddenly transitioned to landing.   For that to happen a lot of unlikely events would all have to happen.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

@stylo No idea on that one.  Every PWCG mission for every flight ends with the same pattern.  An approach waypoint at much less than 1K meters followed by the landing command.  Getting to the WP triggers the landing, so the plane should be down low. 

Triggering a waypoint is based on lat/lon and not altitude, so it is possible to trigger a waypoint set at 500 meters from 7K meters.  I can see that happening if a flight did not follow the changes in altitude for some reason (chasing an enemy?), triggered the waypoint and suddenly transitioned to landing.   For that to happen a lot of unlikely events would all have to happen.

Gotcha, I'll keep an eye out if it happens again. I'm not really sure what the altitudes were set at, but I guess it's possible the Egress waypoint was set at 8397m and the Approach was set at 500. If so, the flight would have not had enough time to descend before hitting the waypoint. Here's the flight plan, it was a weird one.

3.3.thumb.png.215013206f2bc790fa68fb32c0ee3b73.png

also getting the 'object undefined' luascripts error. It has only affected one of the three campaigns I've tried so far, fw 190 a5 out of kuban. It's more than just one; smallwarehouse, bridge_railroad_200, bridge_road_100, bridge_road_150, bridge_road_200. and sorry, but tried posting my error report, but it's bigger than the max file size. Also, I can occasionally get thru to the mission and play.

If there's anything else I can do, just lemme know pat. Always grateful for your work.

Edited by PWNKsktcBTY
clarification
13 hours ago, PWNKsktcBTY said:

Also, I can occasionally get thru to the mission and play.

Until Pat is able to address this, are you doing anything as a workaround that let's you ultimately get past the popup and into the mission? 

2 hours ago, hsthhsth said:

Hi Pat,

Tried today to create a new campaign & create a mission. Same error as reported yesterday.

This time I've added a screenshot of the error displayed.

Can you please advice?

PWCGChangesTargetOdds.PNG

PWCGErrorLog.txt 4.31 kB · 0 downloads

Suggestion 1: Zip up your PWCG User directory and save it.  Delete PWCG.  Reinstall PWCG.  Restore you user directory.

Suggestion 2: If suggestion 1 doesn't help then please use Report Error to zip up the campaign and submit it here

32 minutes ago, Varibraun said:

Until Pat is able to address this, are you doing anything as a workaround that let's you ultimately get past the popup and into the mission? 

I press 'enter' slowly to get thru the 'object undefined' boxes until I get thru them all.  I was pressing enter quickly to close them, and I think that the Windows 'program unresponsive' error box must have been popping up at the last second and closing IL-2 with my 'enter' presses.

• Thanks 1

I've just generated a new Jasta 4 career with the new version, and similar to an issue I saw reported in the version announcement thread most of the buildings (all of the city of Lille, much of a neighboring town, etc) are missing. Also, it seems that Jasta 4 might not take their squadron skins by default. 

Edit: attatched is mission file, should show the missing cities. 

Where is Lille.rar

Edited by migmadmarine
  • Upvote 1

I had the same in a ground attack mission in the Bf110 right beside the frontline where the action was.

Wanted to land on the nearest airfield and saw it's been empty of hangars, Flak, parked planes etc., same in the village next to the field.

Only these 'static shadows'/ grey patches were visible in the snow.

I'll post the mission.zip if it happens again.

At the risk of sounding like that ungrateful uncle with his mouth full asking you to pass the last piece of banana cream pie...

A couple of cosmetic observations with the AAR and Journal. Offered as a starting point is the data shown on the blackboard briefing in the pink box.

2068578473_PWCGBriefingdata01.jpg.978720acc8d2399cbcd3f91e4225c2f5.jpg

On the AAR page Header the date and time are just date in two formats. Perhaps the "Locality" data block is superfluous since it is shown below Remarks on flight and hostile aircraft.

1339553591_PWCGReportdata01.jpg.3a4ea55574a960c459b673d9150f5a42.jpg

Likewise on the pilot's Journal page, the time is the date in another format. Perhaps the empty "Pilots in mission" and "Locality" entries are superfluous since the information is presented below Remarks on flight and hostile aircraft.

1071048824_PWCGJournaldata01.jpg.a5ad15b5ceb4f3f22d2100d2ad525a81.jpg

A minor typo WRT to Hurricane pilots.

959455280_PWCGHurricaneclaim.jpg.ac396edeb654012eed3420f1c3acc7ad.jpg

Thanks for all your efforts. We appreciate it.

Been havPWCG.raring issues with ground attacks where my AI allies don't seem to attack the ground targets. We reach the target then they circle around and go back home 

Uploading the mission file (shouldn't have deleted the previous two but I've had the same issues)

23 hours ago, PWNKsktcBTY said:

I press 'enter' slowly to get thru the 'object undefined' boxes until I get thru them all. 

Thanks again for posting this - I didn't realize how many there were and was giving up too soon, but once I clicked through them all (47 times) the mission did load.  No big deal really, just takes a few seconds once you realize you will get to the mission.

• Like 1

Problem With Java:-

I have downloaded the PWGCBoS and extracted into the main BoS folder.  I then changed the Start.cfg file for missions to 1 as per the instructions.  I have tried to run the Generator and it states that I must have the latest Java installed.  I then installed the latest Java 8 and restarted the PC.  PWCGBoS still insists that I do not have Java installed.  I tried installing Java directly into the game folder.  That doesn't work either.

Anybody any idea please?

SOLUTION FOUND:-  You have to ignore the suggested Java that it takes you to and go onto the Java site and get the 64bit version.

Edited by Fitzy467
Solution Found
4 minutes ago, HardymachtParty said:

Moscow  22/11/1941

I./JG51 Stationed at Ivanskoe

Since the Squadron is stationed at this Airfield, they fail to start. 

At the beginning of the mission, I get the permission to taxi to the starting position but no permission to take off.

But if I do anyway, my mates taxi to the right and into each other.

Kappes 1941-11-22.rar 213.27 kB · 0 downloads

Per several past comments - cold start is what it is.  Murleen tried moving heaven and earth to get this working, but the fact is it's a half baked feature of the game with no viable rules for implementation.  The response is "keep playing with it until it works".  PWCG is software and there are hundreds of bases.  I cannot keep playing with them all until it works.

I will revisit cold start when there is a well defined procedure that always works.  A procedure that I can verify through software and not manual test.  Until that time things are what they are and cold start may or may not work.

Wish I had a better answer but I don't.

2 hours ago, HardymachtParty said:

Have I missed that posts  ?

I'm sorry !

But thank you for your quick answer  ☺

NP.  Like I said, I wish I could give a better answer.  I posted on the Mission Making boards and was directed to various resources, but they all amounted to "this usually works".  Murleen was aware of same and coded and configured the cold start with that advice in mind.  I double checked one time and could not see any flaws.  It amounts to "the AI gets confused" with a less than perfect understanding of why it gets confused.

@Varibraun and others:

I have a sample size of 1 so don't hold me to this, but I noticed that all of the missing object messages seem to pop up before the mission starts.  As I was trying to fumble through I found that holding the escape key down and keeping it down cleared the messages.  I did not see more messages during the flight.

Obviously not a proper fix, but is a way to fly a mission with a 30 second annoyance.  Anyhow, obviously, I'm working on it.  Going to be a little painful but I will get there.  I am hoping that there are simply some ground objects that react poorly to having an entity put on them.  Every one that I saw (again with a sample size of 1 mission) was a bridge.

And Varibrun: you will be happy to know that the invincible Hurricanes, some still with that ridiculous set of English circles on them, scourged the motherland of the fascist threat.

More testing.  Seems to be bridges.  Not sure why but the short term will be to not provide entities to bridges.  Needs more testing.

Edited by PatrickAWlson
  • Thanks 2
13 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

And Varibrun: you will be happy to know that the invincible Hurricanes, some still with that ridiculous set of English circles on them, scourged the motherland of the fascist threat.

Спасибо Comrade Patrick for keeping the lads alive...it has been a long road from the Moscow winter to the sunny Kuban.  In addition to their unpaintable roundels, our Anglo allies have been kind enough to provide enough Hispanos to equip our squadron aces.  At least in 1942, those have me feeling like the "Tempest of the East" with the 157th. 

Seriously though, thank you for all the work and the work around with the escape key, I hope to give that a try today.  :salute:

Hey Pat, I can help by adding an error report and save that matches the Kuban bridge problem; I'm having the exact same experience, several popups about the undefined bridge objects upon loading the mission in0game. Seems to only be on the Kuban map, which is interesting -- I imagine rail bridges exist elsewhere in Russia.  But I've tried across several start dates and squadrons, and it seems to hit me anywhere on Kuban.

The holding Esc workaround seems to get me into the game for the first time, though! Acknowledging the errors with Spacebar instead seemed to just crash the game at the end of it. Thanks for that -- my previous workaround was "Fly Stalingrad."

VSS Kuban Summer202101301401387.zip PWCGErrorLog.txt

Edited by APerfectUrkel

Hi Pat -

PWCG is a great program!  I really enjoy the ability to have an open-ended single player campaign.  The main issue I am experiencing now is that all of the friendly and enemy aircraft in my missions (with the exception of my own squadron, to whom I have assigned skins) are using generic default skins.  Every example of an aircraft type uses the same default skin, regardless of its nationality.  Even aces have been using default skins - according to a recent AAR, I damaged Manfred von Richtofen's aircraft, but in the mission, it was just a standard, generic Dr.I. 

I downloaded and installed as many custom skins as I could find (including all of the ones on your site), and I remember that a couple of months ago, using an earlier version of PWCG, all of the aircraft in the game had different skins, which made the game more realistic and immersive. 

It has only been for the last several missions that I have been experiencing this error.  I just upgraded to 11.9.1 and flew a mission, and still have the same problem.  I created an error report - please see attached.  Thanks!

British Fighter Pilot III202102011502135.zip

Guest deleted@210880

Flying a LaGG-3, when it lists the kills in the combat report, it calls it a 'LaaG'

"

On 03/10/1941 near Kozlakova.
A Me-109 of I./JG52 was brought down by Szt Fyodor Karamazov of 11th Fighter Air Regiment.
Szt Fyodor Karamazov was flying a LaaG.

"

I'm assuming this is a typo rather than a valid alternative naming of the aircraft.

2 hours ago, ACG_Kev said:

I have the same issue when generating a mission in the Kuban map.. The game will freeze at the loading screen and I have to stop IL2 with the task manager.

Try hitting the escape or enter key to work your way past the error pop-ups (there may be several, but that has worked for me and others) while Pat continues to squash these little issues.

Good luck!

I've managed to semi-solve the issues regarding targets on Kuban: 

• - Configuration
  • - Advanced Config
  • - Target Types
  • - Set: Allied/Axis enemy Depot & Factory = 0 (as shown in the picture)

This should resolve the current problem and have playable missions, I was taking a nap when it came too me to try this.
Hope this helps o/

Set_to_zero.jpg

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Salzi said:
  •  

This should resolve the current problem and have playable missions, I was taking a nap when it came too me to try this.

LOL. I do much of my best thinking when I’m asleep! 

Hi Patrick, my PWCG 11.10.0 campaign is no longer generating airfield AA defenses.

The mission was an enemy airfield attack.  There was no AA defense at the target even though I have both ground density and AA density set to high.  I tried running home to get away from an enemy squadron and found that friendly airfields had no AA either.  I flew over a couple of airfields and verified that none of them had AA defenses.  There are sandbags for gun emplacements but they don't have guns in them.  Also, there are many fewer emplacements than there should be.

Related to the attack, I also noticed that my wingmates complete ignored the defenseless airfield which was absolutely covered with parked planes.  Instead they flew a few km away to attack a train.  I expected them to attack the airfield.

Here is the error report.

10 hours ago, Garafrax said:

Hi Patrick, my PWCG 11.10.0 campaign is no longer generating airfield AA defenses.

The mission was an enemy airfield attack.  There was no AA defense at the target even though I have both ground density and AA density set to high.  I tried running home to get away from an enemy squadron and found that friendly airfields had no AA either.  I flew over a couple of airfields and verified that none of them had AA defenses.  There are sandbags for gun emplacements but they don't have guns in them.  Also, there are many fewer emplacements than there should be.

Related to the attack, I also noticed that my wingmates complete ignored the defenseless airfield which was absolutely covered with parked planes.  Instead they flew a few km away to attack a train.  I expected them to attack the airfield.

Here is the error report.

The last was noted as a limitation of the game: the AI will not attack "blocks".  Given that they will not attack blocks they will attack the closest alternative.

I will review why an airfield would be generated without AA.  

18 hours ago, Garafrax said:

Salute! Patrick Wilson!  I'm experiencing the same problem as the quote.  I've included Error Report and as many mission related files as I could find.  I seem to have a problem locating the large .MIS file; doesn't seem to be in Data/Missions/PWCG folder for some reason.  No48 Squadron RAF mission to attack Dompierre airfield 29 May 1918.  I'm also having some other problems: (1) Selected bombs for basic loadout and, for modifications, twin Lewis rear mount and upper wing Lewis mount.  Upon starting mission my Brisfit was OK but none of the other aircraft in the flight had bombs nor the extra Lewis guns.  For the bombs is it because No48 is a fighter squadron?  That hasn't happened in other PWCG campaigns; (2) At the end of mission outbrief was the promotion notification of Greg Hosteler from Pilot Officer to Flight Lieutenant.  Upon exiting the mission debrief with "Finish" the roster of pilots came back as normal.  But Hosteler's name was missing.  That has never happened before.  I wonder if he got transferred to another squadron?  If he had been listed he would have been listed at the top as highest in rank and the squadron CO.  Strange.              As always thanks for your help and keep up the great work with PWCG.   Swoose

Bristol F2B 19180529.zip

1 hour ago, 369/22.CT.Ludovisi said:

Moscow map with Mc202: I notice that the 2nd waypoint after take off is frequently (if not ever) set at 0 m of altitude. It never happen in the previous version.

Thanks for support.

I have seen this on patrol missions in Bodenplatte. Also not seeing parked aircraft and AA at various fields.

After flying a coop mission, clicking combat report yields the following message: 'PWCG was unable to find a log set for your last mission Coop'

I have edit the startup.cfg to include 'mission_text_log = 1'.

After a singleplayer campaign, the program does recognize the log.

Is there a certain procedure I am missing?

6 hours ago, Delta134 said:

Is there a certain procedure I am missing?

I'm not co-op mission savy, did you exit BoX completely or simply Alt-Tab to PWCG? The only time I have gotten that message was when BoX was not running.

• LukeFF pinned this topic