New PWCG Issues Thread

PatrickAWlson

Bit of a strange bug so unknown if its PW or IL2 issue but it seems like trains are being spawned instead of ships. PWCG Ver 10.2.1

Update: base game quick mission gen no weird spawns. In PWCG trains are also spawning off track in fields, buildings etc, but very strange that trains are replacing boats

unknown.png

Solo_Sea_Raider202007242307580.zip

Edited by -3JCG-Twiddle-Diddles

19.07.2020 в 17:34, CDRSEABEE сказал:

I started a Moscow campaign with the 109. In the brief it says 100% fuel. In game setup it is 60%. Learned that the hard way😁

Same. Moscow campaign, aircraft I16. In the briefing fuel is 100%, in the game - 60%.

2 hours ago, Kur12 said:

Same. Moscow campaign, aircraft I16. In the briefing fuel is 100%, in the game - 60%.

So I am winning, my 110 E2 always has 61% of fuel:biggrin:.

JG4_dingsda
3 hours ago, Yogiflight said:

So I am winning, my 110 E2 always has 61% of fuel:biggrin:

You'll have to share the price with me in my La-5. :)

3 hours ago, JG4_dingsda said:

You'll have to share the price with me in my La-5. :)

Pff, Spielverderber:tease:

Edited by Yogiflight
  • Haha 1

It looks like 100% of the fuel in PWCG changes to 60% in the game if the fuel settings are not changed in PWCG. And if in PWCG you change the fuel from 100% to some other value, then return it back to 100%, then the game will be 100%.

• Upvote 1

I can't continue my campaign anymore how it seems, I get always a 'No planes for flight' message when I try to generate a new mission.

But there are still 13 Bf-109 F4 planes on the list in 'equipment' and 4 in 'equipment depot report'.

I'm still within the first month of the campaign, so it wouldn't be a big problem to start a new one.

PWCGErrorLog.zip

PatrickAWlson
7 hours ago, vonGraf said:

I can't continue my campaign anymore how it seems, I get always a 'No planes for flight' message when I try to generate a new mission.

But there are still 13 Bf-109 F4 planes on the list in 'equipment' and 4 in 'equipment depot report'.

I'm still within the first month of the campaign, so it wouldn't be a big problem to start a new one.

PWCGErrorLog.zip 922 B · 0 downloads

Please use report error to zip up your campaign.  

PatrickAWlson
30 minutes ago, vonGraf said:

Thanks.  That turns out to be a pretty serious bug that can be hard to notice.  I was not excluding wounded pilots when determining if a squadron was viable.  I was excluding them from the mission but not excluding them when counting pilots.  Fixed and will be available in the next release (tomorrow?).  

Don't delete the campaign.  

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Thanks.  That turns out to be a pretty serious bug that can be hard to notice.  I was not excluding wounded pilots when determining if a squadron was viable.  I was excluding them from the mission but not excluding them when counting pilots.  Fixed and will be available in the next release (tomorrow?).  

Don't delete the campaign.  

Works well again in v.10.3; just created a new BF-109 mission and flew it. :good:

• Thanks 1

PatrickAWlson
1 hour ago, DD_Fenrir said:

If this is the campaign with the modified squadron files can you post those as well?

We need to do something about loading the fuel. The fact that all missions are created with 60% fuel is wrong. Some planes already have too small a tank; for example, the I16 has only 260 liters. 60% is 156 liters, which is only enough for 190 km. Some missions have a longer route, even without taking into account possible air combat. This low fuel load becomes critical.

In addition, in early versions of the program, when forming a mission, the summary length of the path was indicated, and it became clear how much fuel to take. Now this summary length of the path is not there, and you have to sum it up manually, which is very inconvenient (the program does not allow you to copy the table with waypoints to the buffer and then upload it to EXCEL). I propose to return the summary length of the path.

And I also noticed that in the battles on the eastern front there are a lot of missions at altitudes of 7-8 km. On maps with no mountains (Moscow, Stalingrad), neither Russians nor Germans flew at such heights (this was repeatedly mentioned in memoirs, I can throw links). The main battles were fought at altitudes of 3 km, sometimes up to 5 km, higher - very, very rarely. And here every second mission is at an altitude of 7-8 km. It doesn't fit the history.

Going thru the available units, the 362nd Fighter Group flew P47s during the war, not P-51s which they didn't fly until they returned stateside after the end of the war in Europe.

On 8/5/2020 at 12:08 AM, PatrickAWlson said:

If this is the campaign with the modified squadron files can you post those as well?

Pat, just had a thought - one of the chaps has a persona name that is quite long; anytime he has flown we've had issues generating the AAR. He didn't fly last nights session and all went without a hitch* under 10.3.3 - could a character limit being enforced somewhere be coming into play?

* one of our number was killed in a head on collision with an AI enemy but PWCG did not register this - I will recheck the wounding option later but it was set to full on since day one, and others - myself included - have been registered KIA and adopted new personas since starting....

PatrickAWlson
On 8/9/2020 at 9:18 AM, thepiespy said:

Going thru the available units, the 362nd Fighter Group flew P47s during the war, not P-51s which they didn't fly until they returned stateside after the end of the war in Europe.

There is no 362nd in PWCG.  The P-51 units are 352nd (Blue nose) and 354th.

Edit: it looks like the 354th was the 362nd at one point, but that was changed long ago.

4 hours ago, DD_Fenrir said:

Pat, just had a thought - one of the chaps has a persona name that is quite long; anytime he has flown we've had issues generating the AAR. He didn't fly last nights session and all went without a hitch* under 10.3.3 - could a character limit being enforced somewhere be coming into play?

* one of our number was killed in a head on collision with an AI enemy but PWCG did not register this - I will recheck the wounding option later but it was set to full on since day one, and others - myself included - have been registered KIA and adopted new personas since starting....

I agree there is something going on.  On the to do list.

On 8/9/2020 at 4:36 AM, Kur12 said:

We need to do something about loading the fuel.  ...

Agree.  Most German and Russian planes should be taking off with 100%

Edited by PatrickAWlson

Hi Pat!
When my Wingman should fly with planes i do not own, i get the error message "player does not own his assigned plane...". Although in this example i have selected the YAK-7, it complains i dont own the YAK-9 (which i actually don´t own).

I´m on 10.3.3., and i am sure this worked in former versions

br

grafik.thumb.png.10773fbd7a00132bd374add8c66bdca4.png

edit: even if i select Yak-7 for all 3 pilots i still get the message that i dont own the yak-9, so i can´t fly at all...

edit2: zipped campain added as attachment

PWCG_kuban_1.zip

Edited by vanson77

PatrickAWlson
4 hours ago, vanson77 said:

Hi Pat!
When my Wingman should fly with planes i do not own, i get the error message "player does not own his assigned plane...". Although in this example i have selected the YAK-7, it complains i dont own the YAK-9 (which i actually don´t own).

I´m on 10.3.3., and i am sure this worked in former versions

br

grafik.thumb.png.10773fbd7a00132bd374add8c66bdca4.png

edit: even if i select Yak-7 for all 3 pilots i still get the message that i dont own the yak-9, so i can´t fly at all...

edit2: zipped campain added as attachment

PWCG_kuban_1.zip 298.68 kB · 0 downloads

I'll look into it.  In the meantime just lie.  Tell PWCG you own the Yak 9 and make sure you assign a Yak 7 to yourself (because you can't lie to the game :) )

16 часов назад, PatrickAWlson сказал:

Agree.  Most German and Russian planes should be taking off with 100%

I don’t understand, Russian and German aircraft will not be able to change the fuel load?

PatrickAWlson
7 hours ago, Kur12 said:

I don’t understand, Russian and German aircraft will not be able to change the fuel load?

Most German and Russian planes should default to 100% fuel load.  The player can change them.  

6 минут назад, PatrickAWlson сказал:

Большинство немецких и российских самолетов должны по умолчанию использовать 100% горючее. Игрок может их изменить.  

It doesn't work now. No matter how much fuel is specified in the PWCG, the mission will have 60% fuel.

PatrickAWlson
Just now, Kur12 said:

It doesn't work now. No matter how much fuel is specified in the PWCG, the mission will have 60% fuel.

Yes - I have acknowledged that.

On 8/10/2020 at 11:52 AM, DD_Fenrir said:

Hey Pat,

In an effort to try and work around this I retired the suspect persona name and attempted to give the coop user a new persona but got this error report thrown up. Any ideas?

PWCGErrorLog.txt

PatrickAWlson
6 hours ago, DD_Fenrir said:

Hey Pat,

In an effort to try and work around this I retired the suspect persona name and attempted to give the coop user a new persona but got this error report thrown up. Any ideas?

PWCGErrorLog.txt 11.12 kB · 1 download

Can you zip up the campaign and tell me which persona you tried to retire?  

Thanks Pat.

"Bertrand Finknottle" was the retiree persona - the error occurred when attempting to add "Bert Finknottle" to the campaign.

Curiously, I could see "Bert Finknottle" in the squadron roster list when I went in to package up the zip, but when I go to 'Administer Coop User' menu, that personae and his user are not in the list....

Lightning Strikes202008111408627.zip

JG1_Wittmann

Started a Stalingrad campaign,  @  may  42.   Was in II/JG52  flying the 109G2, some F4's  .   Saw in June that I/JG51   had 190-A3's   so I did a transfer.   Next mission,  I was on the Kuban Map.   Have flown 6 missions  I believe.  4 of those,   never had any  enemy AC  in the Air.   Friendlies carrying ordnance,  Stukas, 111's, 109's,   some 202's      never drop their  ordnance  on these missions  but  fly around  and then RTB.    Is  this  normal ?    Previous  to the transfer,   I was in contact  with many nme fighters and bombers  every mission,  even before reaching my assigned patrol area,   now,  just sightseeing.     latest version of PWCG

PatrickAWlson

@DD_Fenrir Here's what I am seeing.  The mission produced two log sets August 9th.  Once at 13:11 and again at 14:58 (military time).  Generally, this means the mission was flown twice.  Under these circumstances PWCG will ignore the first flight and use the second.  

The first set of mission logs (missionReport(2020-08-09_13-11-57)) seems quite extensive - 203 log files. This seems to be the real mission.

The second set of mission logs ('missionReport(2020-08-09_14-59-53))  is FUBAR.  42 log files but no spawns at all.  In fact, nothing at all except AType:15, which is just an event that spews the game version.   PWCG is objecting because all of the things that should be there are not.  It can't find a single vehicle - nothing - because there is nothing there.

What I do not know is WTF is up with the second log set.  I suspect that you did not really fly the mission twice.  I am trying to understand what the game is doing so I can account for it, but if it insists on spewing garbage log sets life is going to be difficult.  My guess is that with the server running it is producing a crap log set.  I might be able to write some code to eliminate bad log sets but even the existence of such a log set is disconcerting.

BTW: your campaign was advanced to the 12th of October 1944.  The mission was Oct 10 1944.  I reset the campaign date to the 10th, eliminated the second log set, and the AAR processed just fine.  It would have worked if not for the garbage logs.

Can you tell me a little about how you run the game?  

@-332FG-REDMAN Seeing the same thing in your logs, except there are four mission starts.  Same mission: July 1 1918.

Edited by PatrickAWlson

-332FG-REDMAN

Yea, I hit mission assign the pilots sync load outs and accept mission. it creates mission like it should and then I go into coop create server and run that mission. it works fine until the end when I try to get a combat report. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. My PWCG-Bos works fine.    

Edited by -332FG-REDMAN

PatrickAWlson
3 minutes ago, -332FG-REDMAN said:

Yea, I hit mission assign the pilots sync load outs and accept mission. it creates mission like it should and then I go into coop create server and run that mission. it works fine until the end when I try to get a combat report. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.   

The logs show four separate starts for the mission.  I'm guessing that is not what really happened.  I am guessing that you ran the same mission twice.  If you can confirm or reject that would be helpful.

missionReport(2020-08-11_18-34-22)[0].txt:T:0 AType:0 GDate:1918.7.1 GTime:7:0:0 MFile:multiplayer/cooperative/332FG D.VIIF Campaign 1918-07-01.msnbin MID: GType:1 CNTRS:0:0,101:1,102:1,103:1,201:2,202:2,203:2,301:3,302:3,303:3,304:3,305:3,401:4,402:4 SETTS:0100000000100001000000011100011 MODS:0 PRESET:0 AQMID:0 ROUNDS: 1 POINTS: 500
missionReport(2020-08-11_19-00-07)[0].txt:T:0 AType:0 GDate:1918.7.1 GTime:7:0:0 MFile:multiplayer/cooperative/332FG D.VIIF Campaign 1918-07-01.msnbin MID: GType:1 CNTRS:0:0,101:1,102:1,103:1,201:2,202:2,203:2,301:3,302:3,303:3,304:3,305:3,401:4,402:4 SETTS:0100000000100001000000011100010 MODS:0 PRESET:0 AQMID:0 ROUNDS: 1 POINTS: 500
missionReport(2020-08-11_19-08-54)[0].txt:T:0 AType:0 GDate:1918.7.1 GTime:6:30:0 MFile:multiplayer/cooperative/332FG D.VIIF Campaign 1918-07-01.msnbin MID: GType:1 CNTRS:0:0,101:1,102:1,103:1,201:2,202:2,203:2,301:3,302:3,303:3,304:3,305:3,401:4,402:4 SETTS:0100000000100001000000011100010 MODS:0 PRESET:0 AQMID:0 ROUNDS: 1 POINTS: 500
missionReport(2020-08-11_20-14-26)[0].txt:T:0 AType:0 GDate:1918.7.1 GTime:6:30:0 MFile:multiplayer/cooperative/332FG D.VIIF Campaign 1918-07-01.msnbin MID: GType:1 CNTRS:0:0,101:1,102:1,103:1,201:2,202:2,203:2,301:3,302:3,303:3,304:3,305:3,401:4,402:4 SETTS:0100000000100001000000011100010 MODS:0 PRESET:0 AQMID:0 ROUNDS: 1 POINTS: 500

My best guess is that this is a coop server thing.  I need a way to figure out which log set is the one that I want and which are s***.  

-332FG-REDMAN

some of that may be because I didn't leave the server when we were finished and IL-2 automatically restarts the mission again if you don't get out. I was trying different ways to record the mission properly. I could just delete that campaign and start over if that would be easier all around.

Edited by -332FG-REDMAN

PatrickAWlson
14 minutes ago, -332FG-REDMAN said:

some of that may be because I didn't leave the server when we were finished and IL-2 automatically restarts the mission again if you don't get out. I was trying different ways to record the mission properly. I could just delete that campaign and start over if that would be easier all around.

Now I understand - thanks.  Please understand that I do not play coop (can't spot a plane worth diddly without GPS and icons) and do not run a server.  I count on explanations like this to understand what is happening.  This is might take a day or two or three but I should be able to come up with something to weed out the useless logs.

• LukeFF pinned this topic