alpha_1_zulu

Purchased from website but don't know where the access code is for steam

I'm getting a little long in the tooth.  I just bought CoD Blitz from the website.  I have steam installed on my computer.  Steam keeps asking me for an access code.  Where do I find said access code?  I've contacted the seller and I'm told I should be good to go but when I sign into steam there's nothing in my library.  I am verrry confused here and could sure use some help.  Thanks.

3 hours ago, alpha_1_zulu said:

I'm getting a little long in the tooth.  I just bought CoD Blitz from the website.  I have steam installed on my computer.  Steam keeps asking me for an access code.  Where do I find said access code?  I've contacted the seller and I'm told I should be good to go but when I sign into steam there's nothing in my library.  I am verrry confused here and could sure use some help.  Thanks.

I have not recently purchased a game through Steam, however, if you did you should have received an email and additionally if you sign in with your Steam ID, you should automatically see the option to download in your library... prior to doing so, you would enter the code.

I would recommend you contact Steam and ask them if they can resolve the issue or provide you with advice.

Posted (edited)

First off, where did you buy the game from?  Second, a Steam access code usually is in reference to the security code required to sign-in, depending on how you have that set up.

Unless you bought the game directly from Steam (in which it will be in your library automatically), you most likely will need to copy and paste the key into Steam to activate it.  You'll find this on the top menu header, under "Games" then "Activate a product on Steam."  Depending on where you bought the game, you may have a link to click that will do this for you, by activating it for you through Steam after you click it.

Edited by vipe155

I bought the game from the website, not direct from Steam.  When I sign into steam, there's no game there nor is there a game waiting to be downloaded.  It keeps asking for an activation key and I have no idea what that would be.  I can't even find CoD on steam at all.  This is really frustrating.  I really appreciate you guys trying to help but right now I'm feeling like I've been had.  I've never seen a setup like this before.  I've tried getting help from the seller but they're useless.  The last I heard from them was 'problem solved'.  Oh really?  Hardly.  I have other IL2 titles but I purchased them directly from the developers rather than through a game overlay like steam.  No fuss, no muss.  My favourite all time aircraft is the Beaufighter and I'd love to fly her,  but........Thanks again.  Cheers!

But what website did you buy it from?  Here from the developers?  In that case, I believe you would sign in here (IL-2 Login) and go to your profile, and then license keys.  You could then copy and paste your key from there into Steam.

EUREKA!!  Got it!  Thank you very much.  I didn't do the best job of describing my dilemma.  Thanks for hanging with me.  I followed your instructions and ''voila" there everything was.  I had no idea that even existed.

See you in the skies, guys!

Cheers!

I tried that already, but it says my Activation Key is INVALID.  I copied it on the Licenses tab, in IL-2, so the Key should work, and not be invalid.  Any ideas?

I have the exact same issue, when activating the license key shown under the Profile License Key tab into steam it gives the message of 'invalid product code'.

Is it the case that the key cannot be activated to the IL-2 website and into Steam together?

To quote Sokol1

----

You need have STEAM installed and an account.

The, open STEAM, log in your account, go in "Library",

click in "+ADD A GAME" and enter the serial key provide,

after the game (IL-2:CloD) will be available in your STEAM Library.

IL-2:CloD DRM is STEAM, so is required for play the game.

Posted (edited)

Come on now Buzz, someone really needs to do better than that.  Just quoting someone else's slightly vague steps to activate a key on Steam isn't really good enough.  If you actually read "CeesGT" post he says he already tried activating the key on Steam and got an invalid code message.  Hell the thread OP got nowhere initially either, as you didn't really convey that you have adequate knowledge of how game purchase/activation works on the platform.

Not trying to be an a** here, but what is the official support policy for Blitz?  Is 1C Game Studios here supposed to be handling technical support or activation issues?  Is Team Fusion the lead on that stuff?  It would be a good idea to clear that up, especially since TF is hoping for robust interest in new purchases for 5.0 and there will inevitably be user issues.

Edited by vipe155

5 hours ago, vipe155 said:

Come on now Buzz, someone really needs to do better than that.  Just quoting someone else's slightly vague steps to activate a key on Steam isn't really good enough.  If you actually read "CeesGT" post he says he already tried activating the key on Steam and got an invalid code message.  Hell the thread OP got nowhere initially either, as you didn't really convey that you have adequate knowledge of how game purchase/activation works on the platform.

Not trying to be an a** here, but what is the official support policy for Blitz?  Is 1C Game Studios here supposed to be handling technical support or activation issues?  Is Team Fusion the lead on that stuff?  It would be a good idea to clear that up, especially since TF is hoping for robust interest in new purchases for 5.0 and there will inevitably be user issues.

Actually what Sokol1 wrote is exactly what is needed to activate a key.  I quoted him because the same question was asked two days ago and he responded.

If that doesn't work, then the next step is to contact Steam.  TF is not a seller, we do not provide the keycodes or have access to them.

Re. Support:

1C handles sales on their own site and Steam handles it on theirs.

TF are doing our best to help people when we can... but we are not the publisher, we are a developer.  Right now the whole of Team Fusion is working flat out to get the new release ready.

There are installation guides for BLITZ on youtube.

The process of getting access/activating keycodes to a new product is also explained on Steam.  As said, you can contact them.

• Like 1

I had account and buy the BOS on website,

yesterday I bought  the BOK on steam,but I can't fly it

how to link to my steam account?

I can't find the button “Get BOS on Steam” in Profile.

On 5/5/2020 at 11:12 PM, NFINowi said:

I had account and buy the BOS on website,

yesterday I bought  the BOK on steam,but I can't fly it

how to link to my steam account?

I can't find the button “Get BOS on Steam” in Profile.

Hello Nowi

You need the BOS Technical section... this is CLIFFS OF DOVER.

Same problem here! And I didn't even get a license key in my profile...What can I do? The game was purchased few days ago in the last price cut deal, along with Mc 202 plane.That one appeared immediately, but Cliff of Dover Blitz is still missing.

On 6/29/2020 at 12:31 PM, fighter1976 said:

Same problem here! And I didn't even get a license key in my profile...What can I do? The game was purchased few days ago in the last price cut deal, along with Mc 202 plane.That one appeared immediately, but Cliff of Dover Blitz is still missing.

You need to go to the GREAT BATTLES Technical section... this is CLIFFS OF DOVER - BLITZ.