Sign in to follow this  
Alfaunostebas11

Kills wrongly attributed to the player ?

It had already seemed to me, on some occasions, that in the statistical summary, but, even earlier in the messages during the mission, I was attributed shootings of planes which, in reality were not my work, but of wingmen or friendly antiaircraft guns
This morning I had further confirmation, when, flying on a He-111, I was assigned a kill, without - in my opinion - the shooting of it was my gunners.
Possible?

For the He-111 kill, you were credited it, because you were flying the aircraft that had the gunners that shot it down, for the other kills it might be because you shot at the same plane, and hit them last, before they went down, I could be wrong about that, but that is my best guess.

S!

The way the game apportions kills where there are multiple shooters is not completely clear. In online play, you may get an 'assist' but not get credited with a kill,  even if you put more rounds into a target and another person gave the 'killing blow'. But sometimes putting the last bullet into the target doesn't get you the kill. I have gotten awarded with kills before after getting only a few rounds into an aircraft that later botched its landing. 

There may be some internal weight based on percentage of damage, or critical damage. So if you put a hundred rounds into an aircraft, and its basically not flyable, and someone else comes along and hits the engine and kills it, the other person may get the kill even though the aircraft is functionally dead.