They test physiology with it now. It must be pretty much ready by now. They probably set the new physiology parameters in the next update too. We are not only waiting for the hurry

EA44A3D1-33B2-44AA-97F2-5E49051AE1E5.jpeg

DFF1F3A4-E2F9-4964-B991-E2BC6BF3A817.jpeg

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

They test physiology with it now. It must be pretty much ready by now. They probably set the new physiology parameters in the next update too. We are not only waiting for the hurry

Yes it looks to be done and in final testing, let us hope for a Tuesday launch for the players, I want my Hurricane.:drink2:

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

• Upvote 3

Tuesday works for me.

Really looking forward to seeing that cockpit! 

3 minutes ago, II./SG.1-MarkWilhelmsson said:

Did the Russian Hurricanes have the big giant cannons? What about the Hispanos? I know they received many of this plane, just curious.

i think it will have 4 options for guns, not sure 

4 minutes ago, II./SG.1-MarkWilhelmsson said:

Did the Russian Hurricanes have the big giant cannons? What about the Hispanos? I know they received many of this plane, just curious.

They converted their IIBs to carry ShVAK cannons. IICs had Hispanos and many were sent to the USSR. A handful of IIDs were also sent, but that wasn't until mid-late 1943. 

9 minutes ago, II./SG.1-MarkWilhelmsson said:

Yes... they received a number of Hurricane IId with tropical filters and 40mm cannons. Also IIC with Hispano cannons... not to mention that they converted some machine-gun equipped aircraft to carry the ShVAK instead.

3 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

They converted their IIBs to carry ShVAK cannons. IICs had Hispanos and many were sent to the USSR. A handful of IIDs were also sent, but that wasn't until mid-late 1943. 

Beat me to it!

We won't have this field mod... but the Hurricane could theoretically have carried the four outboard machine guns of the IIB with the four cannons of the IIC... it just was never actually used. That said, there may have been a prototype conversion with ShVAK in the inner wing but the outer wing guns left in place. There are also rumours of field modifications which reduced the armament to six or even maybe four brownings in order to save weight? Anyone have more info? I'd also be curious about the 4xUB loadout.

Note: We're not getting any of the loadouts I just described - too rare ...and they are already giving us five different gun arrangements so we shouldn't complain!

Edited by Avimimus

Another question I have is this; have the devs modelled the difference in ROF between the Hispano Mk2 and Mk5? 

That leads to this next thing that popped into my head, is there a way to find out how much damage a particular projectile does in game? Im curious because there are some cannons that fire different projectiles at different velocities; for example the MG/FF 20mm vs the MG151/20mm. And then there are some that fire the same projectile, but at different velocity; for example the MK108 HE and MK103 HE. Same projectile, but obviously MUCH different velocity.

8 hours ago, II./SG.1-MarkWilhelmsson said:

Another question I have is this; have the devs modelled the difference in ROF between the Hispano Mk2 and Mk5? 

Yep! You can feel it and hear it when you use them. 

Devs currently doing one last walk around, kicking the tires and wiggling the ailerons, checking the wind direction... Good day for a flip don't you think? 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Diggun said:

Devs currently doing one last walk around, kicking the tires and wiggling the ailerons, checking the wind direction... Good day for a flip don't you think? 

I assume it would be testers. QA. Quality Assurance. :)
Development cycle: Design -> Dev -> QA -> Integration testing -> Release.

Edited by Zeev

13 minutes ago, Zeev said:

Development cycle: Design -> Dev -> QA -> Integration testing -> Release.

Sounds like it's with the local Gestapo office at the moment then, hopefully ;)

I guess this means no Hurricane just yet... 

Edited by ROCKET_KNUT
  • Sad 1

The Hurricane is getting close, but has not entered Beta testing yet. This week you'll see pics of the cockpit in the DD.

Jason

• Like 7
  • Thanks 9
  • Upvote 5

That means after Helloween Sale (over at 3rd Nov) there will be a Hurri Day. Great!

17 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

The Hurricane is getting close, but has not entered Beta testing yet. This week you'll see pics of the cockpit in the DD.

Jason

Thanks for the update Jason, good to hear!