Sign in to follow this  
=RTAF=Maltor

Some p 38 stunt flying

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Maltor said:

Just realized i posted this in the wrong spot last night

VR makes it so special, its too sad not be able to transport the feeling through a video recording. I use the VR for funflights only  like you do here. I personaly love the VR-cockpitview in the P39 most. The Music is a good choice also the cuts are well done. I enjoyed your video.

edited* the note to 70´s VR is excelent idea. Was´nt it the NASA who made the first VR project alive?

Edited by Absolut
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Absolut said:

VR makes it so special, its too sad not be able to transport the feeling through a video recording. I use the VR for funflights only  like you do here. I personaly love the VR-cockpitview in the P39 most. The Music is a good choice also the cuts are well done. I enjoyed your video.

edited* the note to 70´s VR is excelent idea. Was´nt it the NASA who made the first VR project alive?

Yes NASA was one of the first but not the very first. I got inspired to do this video when i saw the this cool doco about the history of Vr. At 8:45 you can see the p38 clip that i used in my video.

I feel very lucky that we live in a time where VR has gotten so good! The sense of presence in the cockpit is amazing!  I play a lot on the combat box server, they have a discord channel where anyone can meet up and fly together. I'd say 40% of people on there use VR . You should check it out! trust me il2 is a lot of fun when your flying with 5 or 6 cool people all in VR doing missions, hunting down convoys etc. here's a link if your interested https://discord.gg/NXYUXb

Many thanks for the support by the way! I'll try and get more shots of the first person perspective next time. After reviewing the video I released that I didn't really include any. 😕

But I'm glad you enjoyed the music. I'm probably gonna keep the same 80s-90s theme going Its a lot of fun!

13 hours ago, Nathaniel_ said:

Nice video!

Thank you so much!

Posted (edited)

I remember a player named Wanganui Wildcat, he did some videos similar to your style. I realy loved them. we need more fun stuff like this here in the video section.

From my perspective the different camera cuts are well done!

Thanks for sharing the docu link. Yes we are pretty lucky to have already acces to great tecnologie like VR is. It makes it so immersive. 

I will say at least that your video is a pretty good example that IL2 is so much more than shooting targets. Thanks for that!

Edited by Absolut