Sign in to follow this  
US3PG_Hubbard

How to send and receive a gift?

How to send and receive a gift?

I purchased for gift FC for my nephew.  But I am not sure how to continue.

I can click the button 'send gift' but what does he have to do on his end to get it?

I am thinking he must register at https://il2sturmovik.com/     Is that true?

I expected to see some instructions on this somewhere but I have not found them.

Hi,

yes he need to be register on site.

When u purches u recive the code and  u send him the code.

On store page u have a licence keys were u enter the recived key and activate it.

I hope it helps.

S!

It helps some.  I did the purchase back in December and at  that time did receive a code and had him register.  But when we put in the code it did not work.  I think I know why now.  Anyway, now I have lost the code.  It is not in any email as far as I can tell.  Maybe not searching for the right key words.

30 minutes ago, LordNeuro*Srb* said:

On store page u have a licence keys were u enter the recived key and activate it.

Right. Hubbard, I do not belive you can actualy lost key, gift or not gift, same. Search in il-2 site, your user details, purchaces, codes, that must be somewhere.

U cann check in stroe , then profile, then Purchases.

There u will hopfoly find the kay

It is not the license key that is lost.  I have that just as suggested of going to the store, profile then purchases.  What is lost is "When u purches u recive the code and  u send him the code. "

unless you are meaning 'the code' and the 'license key' are one and the same. 

Yes, the code and licence key i think on the same thing.

Licence kay u send to ho u wont and it cann be activetade.

Posted (edited)

As a follow up to the OP’s question...I’m trying to gift right now as well...so at time of purchase I chose “As Gift”. Then transaction went through and Im now looking at the Purchases page while logged in and it shows the key sitting there at the bottom of the list.

Do I go ahead and click on the key itself in order to gift it? Just didn’t want to click on it and then find out I have now two activated copies for myself!

(I’m suspecting I click on the key and then it lets me insert the recipients info. He is indeed a registered member on these forums too).

Sorry...first time doing this!

AF598349-8806-4A86-BEAE-E7EB2FB8EDCD.jpeg

Okay...clicked on the key itself then upon going to the page of the key in question I copied the URL it was on and sent him the link via message. I think that’s got it.

Edited by BornToBattle

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BornToBattle said:

Okay...clicked on the key itself then upon going to the page of the key in question I copied the URL it was on and sent him the link via message. I think that’s got it.

Hi @BornToBattle. I hope it worked well for you and in fact for all you guys out there, who feel happy making other people happy . If not, try this:

Open the IL2 website,

navigate to your profile in the upper right corner,

choose the licence key you want to gift by pushing the blue button and

enter the lucky one´s nickname in the pop up window.

Hit "Send".

Your done!

In case the recieving person is unable to activate the key, contact support, tell them the transaction number and describe the problem.

In my case, they reacted very fast and made my favourite french pilot even happier. :drinks::pilot:

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Edited by ROCKET_KNUT
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ROCKET_KNUT said:

Hi @BornToBattle. I hope it worked well for you and in fact for all you guys out there, who feel happy making other people happy . If not, try this:

Open the IL2 website,

navigate to your profile in the upper right corner,

choose the licence key you want to gift by pushing the blue button and

enter the lucky one´s nickname in the pop up window.

Hit "Send".

Your done!

In case the recieving person is unable to activate the key, contact support, tell them the transaction number and describe the problem.

In my case, they reacted very fast and made my favourite french pilot even happier. :drinks::pilot:

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Thank you sir so much!  Very easy once you’ve done it! And thanks so much for the reply and pic! Makes it so much easier!

• Thanks 1