Keeping the price of FC1 at $40 regular

With FC1 being on sale again for $40 US, it is in my opinion that the regular price of it should stay at that: $40 US ($50 CDN). I mean, the content of FC1 is in no way worth $80 US and feel that it should be left at $40... And then maybe sometime in the future when there's a larger map, official scripted campaigns and Career, they can move the price up. But for now, I think it's best to just leave it at $40.

Cheers.

Edited by Novice-Flyer
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

I think the puppy falling down the stairs is a tad too much...hilarious. 

But anyway I agree with the post (Keep in mind, it was 111$ CAD, and its now 58$ CAD), but I came here to see if anyone would speak about the campaign coming ?  I didnt buy FC because it was barebones. I didnt buy FC on special, even though I was thinking about it, because it was barebones... Today I received an email saying they are putting the sale back on AND that a single player campaign is in for next update : Automatic buy from me . Yippee Yay ye, I think all these discussions were not for nothing after all. 

Edited by hobotango
6 hours ago, Novice-Flyer said:

With FC1 being on sale again for $40 US, it is in my opinion that the regular price of it should stay at that: $40 US ($50 CDN). I mean, the content of FC1 is in no way worth $80 US and feel that it should be left at $40... And then maybe sometime in the future when there's a larger map, official scripted campaigns and Career, they can move the price up. But for now, I think it's best to just leave it at $40.

Cheers.

Just a minor correction.... $40 US is actually $56.40 Canadian.

Cheers,

Dear OP,

Why do discounts work?

Most discounts work on the principle of urgency, as the discounts are only available for a specific period of time. If people don’t buy the product now, at the discounted price, they’re likely to miss out on saving some money. There is urgency involved. That anticipation of missing out is exactly why discounts work.

According to the Pleasure Principle and the Regulatory Focus Theory people seek pleasure and avoid pain. The anticipation of missing out on a discount is definitely a pain people will want to avoid.

https://yoast.com/psychology-discounts/

I note on top of the the basic psych of discounting, 1CGS is following the "Rule Of 100". Though with multiple currencies involved it might just be common-sense.

Rule Of 100

Consider a $50 blender. Which discount seems like a better deal: 20% off vs. $10 off?

Do the math. Both discounts are the same monetary value. However, one discount has an advantage.

So how do you pick? Jonah Berger (2013) suggests following the “Rule of 100.”

Give PERCENTAGE discounts when your price is under $100:

pricing-tactic-35-1

…and give ABSOLUTE discounts when your price is over $100:

https://www.nickkolenda.com/psychological-pricing-strategies/#pricing-t35

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, J5_HellCat_ said:

Saw this in the new sale email today

Flying Circus owners will get two WWI singleplayer campaigns in the next update!

What! When? is this the Syndicates campaign Jason alluded to earlier? Needs more publicity to attract SP chaps.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, NO.20_W_M_Thomson said:

What about the poor bastard who bought it 3 times. Over 400 bucks.  

You poor bastard. I know what you're going through.

But all is not lost Thommo. I find injecting Dettol helps me forget purely through memory loss, depression and paralysis. It's fantastic! Not industrial bleach but. That's just stupid.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, catchov said:

You poor bastard. I know what you're going through.

But all is not lost Thommo. I find injecting Dettol helps me forget purely through memory loss, depression and paralysis. It's fantastic! Not industrial bleach but. That's just stupid.

Lysol is my go to cure all. 

On 4/24/2020 at 7:16 PM, J5_HellCat_ said:

Saw this in the new sale email today

Flying Circus owners will get two WWI singleplayer campaigns in the next update!

Oh Glory Be!  Now all I have to do is become an offline player, pitting my skills against those challenging bots.

On 4/25/2020 at 8:40 PM, J28w-Broccoli said:

One thing the discounts do is generate forum posts from the poor bastards who just bought it full price.

All the more amusing when they've been around long enough to know how often sales are held.

45 minutes ago, NO.20_W_M_Thomson said:

Wildly misinterpreted? Ok

[ Note to Self ]  I must stop over-estimating Graham.