New to great battles and using a forum. Would like to know if you can use the p39 and p40 with bodenplatte and normady as flyable. thanks

No, P-39 only on Kuban, P-40 on Moscow, Stalingrad, and Kuban.

3 hours ago, flightmasterjmbr said:

New to great battles and using a forum. Would like to know if you can use the p39 and p40 with bodenplatte and normady as flyable. thanks

Historical campaigns are limited as LukeFF wrote above, but you can QMB any plane on any map, and multiplayer servers allow their own mix, many ahistorical.

Posted (edited)

Question along the same lines, will the hurricane be usable in BoN Career, I've read many sources that state the MkII was used during D.Day and other operations.

Edited by Retrofly

4 minutes ago, Retrofly said:

Question along the same lines, will the hurricane be usable in BoN Career, I've read many sources that state the MkII was used during D.Day and other operations.

As part of the package almost surely not, although I'm just guessing. As part of a later historical campaign maybe?

thanks for the feedback.  like the p39 not a good dog fighter but use it alot in 1l2 1946  for ground attack and bomber intercepter.

25 minutes ago, Retrofly said:

It was only used as a postal aircraft, as far as I'm aware

3 hours ago, Retrofly said:

No, only for Moscow and Stalingrad. 

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Retrofly said:

There were Hurricane's around but I can't find any combat sorties during the Battle of Normandy timeframe. They were surely only used for second line duties.

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

There were Hurricane's around but I can't find any combat sorties during the Battle of Normandy timeframe. They were surely only used for second line duties.

Delivering beer perhaps?

Other than that it had been superseded by the Typhoon and Tempest.

Edited by 216th_Cat

I guess we wait for a BoB expansion one day, even with ClOD maybe one day in the far future it will come, maybe BoF too.

For me the sim shines with the early war aircraft, I love the i16, E7 and early Spits. More of this kind of thing please :)

18 hours ago, Retrofly said:

One nice thing about the Normandy map is that it represents a static front that existed for four years.  As long as you have the planes you can do the time period on that map.  So while there would be no Hurricanes in the west in mid 1944 they were there before that time.

I am going extend the western front back to 1941 once BoN drops.  We will have enough planes to do it - not perfectly but well enough to be fun.  Spit V against FW190 A3, transitioning to Spit IX against FW190 A5, add in the P47 razorbacks and later the P51 B/C models.  Mosquito raids. That's three years of action before anybody even hits the beaches.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6

As i remember from Pierre Closterman book, Hurricans are used in Normandy for ground attack (with rockets )... but they were to heavy to flying- and easy prey for german AAA.

You can use the P-40 on every map, cause it is a collector plane so you can buy BON and BOBP and fly it there. But as previously said, there is no place for it in any campaign.

I expect a BOB player made campaign after BON is released some day...

We have the Spitfire Mk V, E7 and F2 and the early A3 and later the Hurricane for that setup

11 hours ago, =VARP=dragunov said:

As i remember from Pierre Closterman book, Hurricans are used in Normandy for ground attack (with rockets )... but they were to heavy to flying- and easy prey for german AAA.

Not in 1944.

On 4/19/2020 at 5:55 PM, =621=Samikatz said:

It was only used as a postal aircraft, as far as I'm aware

Introducing "Going Postal", a Hurricane campaign set during the Normandy invasion.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, =VARP=dragunov said:

That may have happened as late as early 1943 but not after that. I remember that chapter and its far earlier in the war.

Typhoons and Mustangs replaced the Hurricane's in that role.

2 hours ago, =VARP=dragunov said:

Agree, it was mission from 20.12.1943. 👍

That's still later than I though for Hurricanes.  Been many years since I read that book.  Kind of a good ting for the game as it makes the Hurri II a useful plane for a long time.

• Like 1