Jump to content

Developer Diary 248 - Discussion


Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, sevenless said:

Amazing. Do you ever sleep?


A bird on the wire has stated that they work 114 hours a day. 

 

I hope they don't miss out on some rest and family time in their long days. 😁

 

Amazing - that their updates are.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to say the internals for all the tanks are particularly impressive, the SU-152 is certainly up there as one of the best and It will be good to have each pilot suitably clothed for the nation they belong to I have to say.:cool:

 

 

Thank you very much for the latest news, really appreciated.:drinks:

 

Take care and be safe.

 

 

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, the Devs have now a golden opportunity to make improvements and profit.

We are most of us at home in confinement and spending many hours in front of the PC.

We are saving money in gas, clothes, etc. We are willing to spend it in our favourite passion.... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to express a lot of enthusiasm regarding pilot uniforms. This is a very important visual element that I am very happy it is addressed.

Having the pilot according to nationality and to the season, is a lot of combinations and so an important work with all the animations.

Many thanks to develop that important aspect and I am eager to see it come in a next update. 

All my gratitude to the dev team. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

 

Fingers crossed for Flying Circus:joy:

 To no avail.  The middle of the biggest MP event of the year, (in FC for the first time), and we are stuck with this mess.:angry:

Edited by J5_Gamecock
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, [=PzG=]-FlyinPinkPanther said:

I am not very clear with the pilot thing....

Will you be able to see the pilot from the cockpit view? As it is now, you can only see the pilot on external view. 

If so then you will see the pilot manipulate the controls as you make changes? 

 

 

Should be the same as what we currently have, when viewed from third person, you can see the pilot making some moves in the cockpit, wiping their goggles occasionally, and looking around. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

Nope, no change for Flying Circus. 

Well, when I try it now, it takes about 50% more hits to make a wing collapse!

 

Before, the Bristol had his wing collapse after one and a half Lewis clips, now it is about the double. Same in the Halb! It is still possible to shoot wings off, but it takes more.

 

Yes, I am maybe blinded by my wanting to get things fixed, but when counting bullets, I find a (significant) change. There is still the issue that the strength under g load is reduced in a way that makes wings come off in hard maneuvers, but I see a change in the right way.

 

A word by the devs would be nice.

 

Anyway, for the time being I take this as a first step toward greater glory and I say

0473a983d98e2c9f444b0b6051ac453a.jpg

Edited by ZachariasX
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1CGS
4 hours ago, ZachariasX said:

Well, when I try it now, it takes about 50% more hits to make a wing collapse!

 

Before, the Bristol had his wing collapse after one and a half Lewis clips, now it is about the double. Same in the Halb! It is still possible to shoot wings off, but it takes more.

 

Yes, I am maybe blinded by my wanting to get things fixed, but when counting bullets, I find a (significant) change. There is still the issue that the strength under g load is reduced in a way that makes wings come off in hard maneuvers, but I see a change in the right way.

 

A word by the devs would be nice.

 

Anyway, for the time being I take this as a first step toward greater glory and I say

0473a983d98e2c9f444b0b6051ac453a.jpg

 

When we have something concrete to say we will. 

 

Jason

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

A very strange thing just happened. I'm not sure if it has something to do with the update or if it was like this before but my throttle was suddenly not recognized in flight resp. all engine controls. In the MP on Combat Box I started with a P-38 (everything works) and in flight I could not adjust RPM/Throttle/Mixture. But all other controls such as flaps, bomb dropping, landing gear. Even the temporary reassignment did not help (although my controls were all recognized). After that I immediately went into QMB and then it worked again.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, migmadmarine said:

Should be the same as what we currently have, when viewed from third person, you can see the pilot making some moves in the cockpit, wiping their goggles occasionally, and looking around. 

 

Oh,... What I thought would be kind of cool. I do not know about anyone else, I cannot zoom in enough to noticed any details of the pilot. (unless I am doing something wrong). Attention to detail is god, but hardly the earth shattering comments I am reading. The pilot's embodiment in first person would be. But ok. It's lagniappe as we say in New Orleans. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, [=PzG=]-FlyinPinkPanther said:

 

Oh,... What I thought would be kind of cool. I do not know about anyone else, I cannot zoom in enough to noticed any details of the pilot. (unless I am doing something wrong). Attention to detail is god, but hardly the earth shattering comments I am reading. The pilot's embodiment in first person would be. But ok. It's lagniappe as we say in New Orleans. 

If you are in the outside F2 view, hold down the + key on your number pad to zoom in. Then use W and S keys to move the camera closer and farther from the plane.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Consider this to be great news. Being able to seeing British airmen (even if they are crabs) in the Spitfire, Boston, Kittyhawk rather than the Russian ones is very welcome.

 

Is the radio chatter in use also going to become dependant on the country specified in the mission along with the pilot models? Or are "mods" such as the English language radio chatter from @SAG going to continue to be needed to ensure your British/American aircrew speak English?

Edited by Oliver88
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Oliver88 said:

Is the radio chatter in use also going to become dependant on the country specified in the mission along with the pilot models? Or are "mods" such as the English language radio chatter from @SAG going to continue to be needed to ensure your British/American aircrew speak English?

 

The audio files are already linked to the nation selected in the mission setup.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the DD, I'm looking forward to having pilot models of different nationalities in some aircraft. 👍

Speaking of which, in this pic that was posted it looks like a US pilot in the IXe but they never used the IXe... but they did use the Vb in the ETO so perhaps the US pilot could be added to that one?

_LL1.jpg

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Should note for people, you shouldn't expect to see the different pilots in QMB, selecting a skin from one nation or another doesn't effect what nation the game considers the plane to be from, that needs to be specified during mission making. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HBPencil said:

Speaking of which, in this pic that was posted it looks like a US pilot in the IXe but they never used the IXe... but they did use the Vb in the ETO so perhaps the US pilot could be added to that one?

 

That's a British pilot in the Vb. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

How will the new period Soviet uniforms work? Will it be tied to the plane type or to the year of the map? Like if I fly a MiG in Stalingrad winter 42-43, will the uniform be an early uniform because of the MiG or a later uniform because of the map period?

 

Some planes went through a few years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LukeFF said:

 

That's a British pilot in the Vb. 

If you mean the Spit in the pic I linked, that's the IXe.

So it definitely is a British pilot? I ask as it looks like an American jacket that he's wearing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:


Nope, definitely a pilot wearing an RAF-style uniform and British gear.

 

203FFB54-92A9-47C4-95CC-7B1A62D5CED3.jpeg.92c0f85afaf0b8ae333efa426ec537e4.jpeg
 

820825C1-F831-4B6B-8D96-D33E62C1D62F.thumb.jpeg.bbb3662623045ef86cecb0abe70045fc.jpeg

I agree in regards to the head gear and the Mae West, but the thing is it looks like a black leather jacket in-game and not the blue serge battledress you're showing.
From what's visible the cut could be that of the battledress tunic but if it is they need to make it a bit more blue and less shiny.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 часов назад, Blitzen сказал:

No new news on this BEAST underdevelopment for Tank  Crew?

ttt.jpg

Generally, as it is not particularly favor the news community (especially Russian) on tanks. They're always whining about what "This is a game about planes and not about tanks!" Here maybe that's why news about a Tank Crew is not particularly active spread...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Really looking forward to both switchable pilot models and the addition of handguns. I already loved this little gimmick back in RoF.

 

I still have two questions left about these features:

 

1. In QMB, will the player be able to choose a specific pilot model for planes that will feature models from multiple nations?

 

2. Will the type of sidearm be fixed according to the nations that used them (Tokarev TT-30/33 for VVS pilots, as an example), or will the player be able to select a weapon of choice, just like in RoF?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...