[MOD] 4K cockpits for Great Battles WWII Planes!!

1 hour ago, Oyster_KAI said:

Yeah, more improvements than FC MOD2.1, not only instruments

Indeed ...what an incredible improvement over the old FC cockpit !!!

On my 48" LG Oled the sim now even challenges the incredible DCS World study-sim cockpits.

(I only wish I had a PIMAX 8K VR headset ... even an HP Reverb G2)

Are you + the IL-2 Dev team going to introduce all future FC 2, 3 and BoN cockpits with the same 4K detail level (I sure hope so) !???

Thank you so much !

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Vishnu said:

Does this mod in any way affect VR?    Is it clearer in VR or stay the same.    I'm new ...  just curious.

Actually you don’t need this mod anymore. It has been implemented into the game :salute:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Oyster_KAI Not to diminish your accomplishents, because they are, as so many have rightly pointed out,

astonishingly awesome, but would it be possible to go even further?

To make it clear with what I mean, let´s take the FW 190 series as examples.

All Fw 190 Antons are based on the original FW 190 A3 premium from the original Battle of Stalingrad module.

The FW 190 D9 on the other hand not only looks more detailed but als plainly better.

I´m not sure what the difference is, but wouldn´t it be possible to do the same thing with mesh of the Antons as has been done with the Dora?

@So_ein_Feuerball Hi,
There is a difference in texture design between Dora and Anton. The advantage of D9 is because it has a better texture matching design and the model itself has more polygons.
Reorganize, redraw, upscale, test, study the details and confirm the historical correctness, and verify the materials and colors.
These have taken me a considerable amount of time, and I don’t have more time to stack up to achieve greater results unless I become an employee of 1CGS.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Oyster_KAI said:

@So_ein_Feuerball Hi,
There is a difference in texture design between Dora and Anton. The advantage of D9 is because it has a better texture matching design and the model itself has more polygons.
Reorganize, redraw, upscale, test, study the details and confirm the historical correctness, and verify the materials and colors.
These have taken me a considerable amount of time, and I don’t have more time to stack up to achieve greater results unless I become an employee of 1CGS.

Clearly, you have done an amazing job increasing the detail of cockpits. I hope one day every plane have the same standard and not leaving the old ones on the dust...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
14 hours ago, Oyster_KAI said:

@So_ein_Feuerball Hi,

I sometimes wonder if the D9 cockpit was done as an experiment to test out effects of improved quality on fps, etc, etc.

Or whether it was just that the graphical artist responsible is more gifted and skilled than the rest? I suspect the same guy did the Hurricane as it is a cut above as well.

• 1 month later...
On 3/25/2021 at 10:58 PM, huligan said:

Where links for downloads ???:dash:

It is now part of the official updates in BoX, the MOD is no longer needed. Just update BoX and you're sorted :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...