Jump to content

[MOD] 4K cockpits for Great Battles WWII Planes!!


Recommended Posts

We need an official option for "custom cockpit" because, as we know, we can't play online with this amazing cockpits.

 

Actually don't have 4K is a nonsense considering the very low quality of some cockpits in IL2, 109 and 190 first of all. 

Edited by 150GCT_Veltro
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Once a Mod file is downloaded, where do you put it?  I have downloaded the files from the first page, but I do not know where to put them. Note: I do have the JSGME program and would like to use that program with this mod, but I do not know which folder I am supposed to put them in....!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Friction said:

Once a Mod file is downloaded, where do you put it?  I have downloaded the files from the first page, but I do not know where to put them. Note: I do have the JSGME program and would like to use that program with this mod, but I do not know which folder I am supposed to put them in....!

Hi @Friction
Do you have experience using JSGME?
You should put the unzipped data folder into the folder specified by JSGME, i.e: (Your IL-2 game folder)\MODS\4K Cockpits\data)

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure you need a folder (something like 4kcockpits) between mods and data. At the moment I think if you look in the game folder you will see a folder called graphics which got created when you activated the mod. Since the game only knows about the folder \IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\data\graphics the mod won't get picked up. You want the end result of you activating the mod to put the mod files into the correct folder as recognised by the game. So my setup (I use JSGME slightly differently so don't worry about my mods folder not being under JSGME) looks like:

image.png.849e41cedb44e08d2d97c00d7cbb2f0e.png

 

image.thumb.png.579bb994128eece37389f627777d8115.png

Edited by No457_Stonehouse
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, No457_Stonehouse said:

Pretty sure you need a folder (something like 4kcockpits) between mods and data. At the moment I think if you look in the game folder you will see a folder called graphics which got created when you activated the mod. Since the game only knows about the folder \IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\data\graphics the mod won't get picked up. You want the end result of you activating the mod to put the mod files into the correct folder as recognised by the game. So my setup (I use JSGME slightly differently so don't worry about my mods folder not being under JSGME) looks like:

image.png.849e41cedb44e08d2d97c00d7cbb2f0e.png

 

image.thumb.png.579bb994128eece37389f627777d8115.png

So I have to create a folder called 4kcockpits (between MODS and data) and include all of the unzipped files in it?  Am I correct in interpreting what you have just said?  Thanks in advance.

I do not see what is in your 4k cockpits pack folder...

I do not see what is in your 4k cockpits pack folder...

 

Edit: here is what I did, please tell me if it is correct.  Just dunno how I am supposed to verify proper install...  I guess I don't what 4k looks like!

Capture2.GIF

Capture.GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites

looks ok to me and yes you put all the folders and files from Oyster_Kai's mod into the 4kcockpits folder.

 

So inside my 4kcockpits folder is a data folder and within that folder is a graphics folder. Within the graphics folder there should be two folders, one called Planes and one called textures. You can see this in my earlier screenshots. To expand that further, within the Planes folder is all the individual aircraft folders as shown below and within the individual aircraft folders is a textures folder with contains the textures specific to that aircraft. Within the textures folders is a folder called common. Within the common folder there is the actual common texture files themselves (some textures are shared). Also shown below. Easiest way is to tell if it working is to switch it off, run a quick mission. exit il2. switch the mod on and rerun the quick mission. There is also a use 4k textures switch either under settings in the launcher or under graphics settings in the game menus - I don't know if it matters but I think you should switch it on and try it if you haven't previously. The difference between stock cockpit textures and these 4k ones is night and day, you won't go back once you have it working even if you only have a 1080p monitor. If you have a 2k or 4k monitor then the difference in clarity should be even more evident.

image.png.6203d06e049da199c868c49d2f431856.png

 

image.png.cbf301c0c60341baf7d339ae518979db.png

Edited by No457_Stonehouse
Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally had the time to test the mod and it is simply amazing. The dials ans descriptions are sharp and spot on and the little tweaks here and there greatly improve the overall look. People like you are one reason why this community is so great and I can only give you a big thank you for all the heartblood and passion you putted into this!

 

best regards Big Al!

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, itsbillyfrazier said:

Congrats @Oyster_KAI - Delighted your excellent work has been officially acknowledged and included in the sim.

 

Much respect to Jason and the team for including it!

 

Thanks all.

 

 

Exactly!

 

Congratulations for your outstanding work on the 4K cockpits, really impressive!

 

All the best wishes for 2021

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone!!
You can uninstall this MOD because the official update is newer than this MOD🎅🎄
If you are not using JSGME, please carefully remove files other than (Planename)_B.dds and Custom_photo.dds.
Working with the Devs team is a magical and enjoyable experience.
There will be more cockpit improvements in the future.
This MOD is no longer necessary, this thread may be deleted or kept as a footprint memorial.

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 15
Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations on your outstanding work being officially adopted into the game. Great decision by the Dev team and a nice opportunity for you. Thank you for everything you’ve done to significantly improving the game experience!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oyster_KAI said:

Hi everyone!!
You can uninstall this MOD because the official update is newer than this MOD🎅🎄
If you are not using JSGME, please carefully remove files other than (Planename)_B.dds and Custom_photo.dds.
Working with the Devs team is a magical and enjoyable experience.
There will be more cockpit improvements in the future.
This MOD is no longer necessary, this thread may be deleted or kept as a footprint memorial.

Congratulations and thanks for your hard work. I bow to you. Without your commitment, we probably would not have received any official 4K cockpits. Thanks again! I hope that you stay with us and that there will be 4K cockpits for the tanks one day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Oyster_KAI said:

Hi everyone!!
You can uninstall this MOD because the official update is newer than this MOD🎅🎄
If you are not using JSGME, please carefully remove files other than (Planename)_B.dds and Custom_photo.dds.
Working with the Devs team is a magical and enjoyable experience.
There will be more cockpit improvements in the future.
This MOD is no longer necessary, this thread may be deleted or kept as a footprint memorial.

 

Thanks! If you don't mind, what was the update compared to the latest mod version?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, frosen said:

Thanks! If you don't mind, what was the update compared to the latest mod version?


All Bf-109s, Bf-110s, Fw190A3/A5/A8, P40E, Ju-87, Ju-88, Ju-52, He-111s, Hs-129, IL-2M43, Yak-9/9T
and FC1 planes.
See how much you can find;)

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...