Jump to content
Oyster_KAI

[MOD] 4K cockpits for Great Battles WWII Planes!!(Latest update: July 13, 2020)

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Oyster_KAI said:

Yak-9T ser.1 Updated!!

Thanks to friends in this community for giving me Yak-9T:salute:

The original cockpit material is very accurate, the number of polygons has also increased, unique hand-painted textures, admirable artists from dev team!!

 For this excellent plane, the 4K cockpit is here !!
P.S. the first picture is 4K(no shadows) vs 4K(shadows added)

 

DL LINK: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qu4Ecyvc8aLvF8GOEtpi7jXnGxRdj7UP

 

Awesome! I just got the 9T.

 

Thanks. :drinks:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Perhaps asked & answered already but o these beautiful 4K cockpits have. Any negative effect on FPS.A short two or three letter answer will do.Thanks!

B008CA79-90FD-4AFF-9441-03D1640A9B53.gif

Edited by Blitzen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blitzen said:

Perhaps asked & answered already but o these beautiful 4K cockpits have. Any negative effect on FPS.A short two or three letter answer will do.Thanks!

Just made a test, there seems to be a difference of 3-5 fps.

I'm not sure if the number of clouds in the screen has an impact.
fps-0523.thumb.jpg.f4a8ae457b58e7dbcf6691cf03f65032.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Clouds sure have a negative fps impact on my pc! What you encounter is most probably due to the margin of error and may thus prove different with each test. I can't see any drop in fps with your new improved pits, but of course YMMV. The advantages, IMHO, far outweigh the possible 1-3 fps drop, if that is in fact the case!? 

Edited by simfan2015
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right one for me too. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

FPS?

 

Great thank you ..  will test

Edited by GOZR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, the one on the right is beautiful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right one is more realistic because it have better textures

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yak-9/Yak-9T, RPK-10 equipment for Russian fighters, Gunsight pad for Bf-109s Updated!!
0525-yak9-01.thumb.jpg.be75a942503cdcad9bbebf332d57bff7.jpg

For Yak-9/9T

0525-yak9-02.thumb.jpg.b73ff60838c55f722b717213eb3c6dd9.jpg

0525-yak9-rpk10.thumb.jpg.f1fb0a39f42ec0b682a4355d6281f444.jpg

RPK-10 equipment for Yak-9/9T
 

0525-yak-rpk10.thumb.jpg.a19e3f2cc5b6c90447e57c7123179083.jpg

RPK-10 equipment for Russian fighters

 

0525-bf109-GSpad.thumb.jpg.8076624e15e6e81ced9ab47723e09a82.jpg

Gunsight pad for Bf-109 F2/F4/G2/G4
E7/G6 will update later...
People like the right one in the post above, but the middle one is close to historical.

DL LINK:
Yak-9s1: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1q28wO5xHjU0p6xj62jbpKkhINFWhUXNu
Yak-9Ts1: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qu4Ecyvc8aLvF8GOEtpi7jXnGxRdj7UP
Yak-1bs127: https://drive.google.com/open?id=10hcNZ_Z94QddOHO3QYztbjnLg5KG4Z8Z
Yak-7bs36: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IwMVUbPFy_51QsLVi2HKEU68Qj0_-FiA
La-5FNs2: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1g96kliESDYDnEjbW4h9jc15c0Sru2Beg
 

Yak-1s69/LaGG-3s29/La-5s8/Bf-109 F2/F4/G2/G4 (upgrade by common texture): 

Common texture: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1g0s2BfUbSzLnRVjwMvxZftMB3w64winA

  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Oyster_KAI. I am glad to also get the improved version of the Yak-9s.

I feared you would not improve that one and then the -T and regular-Yak-9-cockpit versions would differ in quality !

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Oyster, one request: I fly in VR and it often bothers me how ugly the foot pedals and seat are. Very unrealistic weathering. Half the paint is gone, and in very random places. Is that something you could also fix? Thanks again for all the amazing work :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, blue_max said:

Hi Oyster, one request: I fly in VR and it often bothers me how ugly the foot pedals and seat are. Very unrealistic weathering. Half the paint is gone, and in very random places. Is that something you could also fix? Thanks again for all the amazing work :)

We know that some cockpit have over-weathered.
Could you tell me which plane have the problem of excessive weathering? If you have detailed comments, it can give me a good reference:salute:
About the weathering, we still have to respect the developer ’s work and carefully evaluate how the weathering can be changed.

Edited by Oyster_KAI
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Oyster_KAI said:

Yak-9/Yak-9T, RPK-10 equipment for Russian fighters, Gunsight pad for Bf-109s Updated!!

 


Yak-9Ts1: 
Yak-1bs127: 
Yak-7bs36: 
La-5FNs2: 

 

Yak-1s69/LaGG-3s29/La-5s8/Bf-109 F2/F4/G2/G4 (upgrade by common texture): 

Common texture: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1g0s2BfUbSzLnRVjwMvxZftMB3w64winA

 

Morning,

 

You're doing so much, so fast, that I admit to being a bit unclear of what's what.

 

The "gunsight pad" is obviously a file ( I think) we install in addition to your previous upgrades of those planes, but are the "DL LINK" files are complete cockpits meant to replace the older ones? And the "common texture" is a file to add to other files or replace other file?

 

Love your work. Really makes the sim more enjoyable.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CanadaOne said:

You're doing so much, so fast, that I admit to being a bit unclear of what's what.

 

+1 :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, CanadaOne said:

 

Morning,

 

You're doing so much, so fast, that I admit to being a bit unclear of what's what.

 

The "gunsight pad" is obviously a file ( I think) we install in addition to your previous upgrades of those planes, but are the "DL LINK" files are complete cockpits meant to replace the older ones? And the "common texture" is a file to add to other files or replace other file?

 

Love your work. Really makes the sim more enjoyable.

These new files contain something new, not just Gunsight pad. I can’t make screenshot or describe for all the small changes.

Many small improvements are to increase the legibility of the text and eliminate low-resolution textures.
You only need to simply overwrite the old file (whether in JSGME or directly overwrite);)


Yes, these update files are complete cockpit files, not partial files.
Common texture is different, it only affects some instruments, equipment, or weapon textures in some cockpits.
The cockpit affected by the Common texture is shown above.

After updating the Common texture, your F2 / F4 / G2 / G4 will have a new Gunsight pad,

and your Yak-1 / LaGG-3 / La-5 will have improved  RPK- 10 equipment.

Edited by Oyster_KAI
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would it be possible to upload the right gunsight leather pad as an alternative download?

IMO it just looks that much better.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, So_ein_Feuerball said:

Would it be possible to upload the right gunsight leather pad as an alternative download?

IMO it just looks that much better.

 

 

I knew you would say that:lol:

Here you are...
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wu5e0fhmy6j6aoa/Alternative_Gunsight_pad.rar/file

 

put it into (your IL-2 folder)\data\graphics\textures\common
don't forget to back up old one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Oyster_KAI said:

These new files contain something new, not just Gunsight pad. I can’t make screenshot or describe for all the small changes.

Many small improvements are to increase the legibility of the text and eliminate low-resolution textures.
You only need to simply overwrite the old file (whether in JSGME or directly overwrite);)


Yes, these update files are complete cockpit files, not partial files.
Common texture is different, it only affects some instruments, equipment, or weapon textures in some cockpits.
The cockpit affected by the Common texture is shown above.

After updating the Common texture, your F2 / F4 / G2 / G4 will have a new Gunsight pad,

and your Yak-1 / LaGG-3 / La-5 will have improved  RPK- 10 equipment.

 

Thank you.

 

Seriously, you're making so much stuff and you're making it so fast, it's easy for some of us to lose track of what you're doing and how to manage it.

 

But your work is great! and it really makes flying more enjoyable. :drinks:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it’s lazy of me to ask but is there a single download that includes all your modifications that gets updated every time or do we need to download lots of individual modifications?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oyster_KAI said:

 

After updating the Common texture, your F2 / F4 / G2 / G4 will have a new Gunsight pad,

and your Yak-1 / LaGG-3 / La-5 will have improved  RPK- 10 equipment.

 

Is there only this one "common texture" to install or are there several with different attributes and they should all be installed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bullets said:

I know it’s lazy of me to ask but is there a single download that includes all your modifications that gets updated every time or do we need to download lots of individual modifications?

Because there are still too many things to be upgraded, the update frequency is high, it's not convenient to sort out the "lazy-pack" , maybe we will have it a few months later?

I don’t know how things will go in the future ...
So I can only ask you to follow this discussion thread harder:biggrin:, to track the update, see time stamp in the first post.

 

31 minutes ago, CanadaOne said:

 

Is there only this one "common texture" to install or are there several with different attributes and they should all be installed?

common texture is only one set.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Oyster_KAI said:

Because there are still too many things to be upgraded, the update frequency is high, it's not convenient to sort out the "lazy-pack" , maybe we will have it a few months later?

I don’t know how things will go in the future ...
So I can only ask you to follow this discussion thread harder:biggrin:, to track the update, see time stamp in the first post.

 

common texture is only one set.

 

Okay, so every new common texture you post file replaces all common texture files preceding it. Like Version 1, then Version 2, etc.

 

Sorry to be a yutz, but there's a lot to keep track of with your stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First of all, nice work, and I would like to thank you for sharing.

They make it so easy to read the instruments, and everything is more vivid, but I would like to ask if someone else also started to note some micro-stuttering when panning around with TrackIR. 

I tend to note the stutters very often only when the 4K cockpits are installed, although I didn't see dramatic increase in GPU % or memory when using them... weird.
Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jokerBR said:

First of all, nice work, and I would like to thank you for sharing.

They make it so easy to read the instruments, and everything is more vivid, but I would like to ask if someone else also started to note some micro-stuttering when panning around with TrackIR. 

I tend to note the stutters very often only when the 4K cockpits are installed, although I didn't see dramatic increase in GPU % or memory when using them... weird.
Cheers

 

No odd effects here - very smooth for me. Card is a GTX 1070 Ti.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, jokerBR said:

I tend to note the stutters very often only when the 4K cockpits are installed

You probably mean ... when you run with MODs on ?

Those so called 4K pits are most probably not the case, if you look at the stll rather small file sizes of those textures and knowing these files are not executables in any way.

As long as you don't have a 2 GB VRAM GPU and/or try to run in 4K ultra ... why would those enhanced pits be the real cause of stutters ? 

But Oyster_KAI or the IL-2 Devs may know the exact answer to this !?

Edited by simfan2015
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jokerBR said:

First of all, nice work, and I would like to thank you for sharing.

They make it so easy to read the instruments, and everything is more vivid, but I would like to ask if someone else also started to note some micro-stuttering when panning around with TrackIR. 

I tend to note the stutters very often only when the 4K cockpits are installed, although I didn't see dramatic increase in GPU % or memory when using them... weird.
Cheers

One of the best things I have done to decrease stutters is to set power management in windows to high performance. It has made a big difference. Try that if you have not already. Reset to balanced when you’re done.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Hopper64 said:

set power management in windows to high performance.

FWIW ... Now that you mention this ... I have had Project Lasso and Park Control from Bitsum on my PC systems for years !

These utilities will allow you to automatically maximize and optimize your CPU resources.

One of the things it does is take full control over Power Management.

In the past MS Windows did a very lousy job of Multiprocessor and thread management ... Project Lasso does this job perfectly !

AFAIK I have no stutters in games (single player anyway)  whatsoever.

Of course this has little or nothing (!) to do with Oyster_KAIs work here, but since 'stutters' was mentioned ...   

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I experienced the worst Stutters ever in the first two months after 4.001 release, whether SP or MP, which almost made me give up IL-2 GB. At the time, it was not 4K skin nor 4K cockpit that affected fps. After 4.003, everything was getting better and better. After 4.006, I have gotten increase 30+ fps. I knew that some people have a stutter problem when looking around ( with high fps), but it never happened to me.If you have a hardware bottleneck, I suggest that you can only use 2X MSAA with Reshade's FXAA.The following is my Reshade profile, simple and very effective.

Oyster.rar

Edited by Oyster_KAI
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys, thanks for your responses. 
@simfan2015, yes, I was referring to MODS ON mode. I guess the stutters may be caused by some other mod/combination with 4k cockpits, will investigate further, but so far I removed the 4k cockpits and the game is smoother. Agree that makes no sense that 4K textures would cause this, but it is what it is... GTX 1080 8Gb (IL-2 barely fills half memory). Very odd.

I'm using FUMS to adjust the process priority under Windows, but maybe Proj Lasso can be better (heard of it numerous times, never used - may be the time to do so). 

@Hopper64, yes, I'm running the last bit of juice on Windows settings. Everything on "pedal to the metal" mode. I even use clean drivers on my nVidia (drivers with all nVidia bloatware/monitoring stuff removed for the extra mile).

@Oyster_KAI, thanks for your profile. I was using Reshade but stopped after adjusting the settings via nVidia Inspector and obtaining excellent results. As Reshade adds another layer over the game, it ended being less performance for almost no gain - but I'll install it again and retest with your profile, much appreciated.

I need to stop tuning things and start to play more, but I just can't help myself, lol.  

 

Salute!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have also noticed under settings/cameras that setting smoothness to 100% helps eliminate stuttering. Also, uncheck cinematic. Maybe set the game’s refresh rate just a little below the RR of the monitor may be beneficial as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He-111s WIP
0526-He111-H16-FuG16-01.thumb.jpg.03bdc263b31dd93bbe0ac24516d21e34.jpg

On board radio FuG-16(H16)
Texture Fix and legibility enhancement will never stop.
0526-He111-H6-Q.thumb.jpg.31c66a0b82f70437a0c446accbbc8a75.jpg 

HELP!!↑↑↑↑
Anyboby know what is this equipment? (on He-111 H6)


Bf-109E7 WIP
0526-Bf-109E-03.thumb.jpg.03f559254cc81809c977beb497671fcf.jpg

Unpainted FK38 compass.

 

0526-Bf-109E-01.thumb.jpg.b5f3fc8819345f817d731bd5eb93f167.jpg
Legibility enhancement
 

0526-Bf-109E-02.thumb.jpg.2c3198210aca38ecf087bd67a121432a.jpg

Correct control stick name plate for Bf-109E (KG12)

 

0526-Bf-109E-04.thumb.jpg.b2336efa918332ba28ffd6e6efc22dad.jpg 

Höhenatmer enhancement

 

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Hopper64 said:

I have also noticed under settings/cameras that setting smoothness to 100% helps eliminate stuttering. Also, uncheck cinematic. Maybe set the game’s refresh rate just a little below the RR of the monitor may be beneficial as well. 

Yes, and besides that, I decided to cap my framerate at 60 fps (although I can achieve more than 100 fps normally and I have a Gsync compat monitor). My gfx card is at 50% roughly (approach 95% when things get really loaded, like a train exploding while you're passing thru the explosion and it is the first time the texture is loaded during the game). Even then, there's no stutter at all. As I never dip below 60 fps, right now I'm again smooth as butter, but no matter I do, I cannot get rid the stutters that come back when I install this mod. Maybe some specific thing on my system, cache or whatever. It's odd. Everything installed on a SSD also. Go figure. 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jokerBR said:

I cannot get rid the stutters that come back when I install this mod

This would make sense if it would be the same problem if you install a -rather- similar MOD (only for the Bf-110E, and then fly and try both Bf-110E MODs and compare ?) :

 

 

 

After that ... maybe also try the 'grass improvement MODs' and see if those are creating similar stutters for your rig ?

 

If all 3 MODs are giving you similar 'stutters', then the IL-2 'MODs ON' option may be the cause !?

 

I personally see little other reason that could be causing your issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Me-262A Updated!!

0527-me262-01.thumb.jpg.ab1ced990c154c0eacf3a4821847de28.jpg

An excellent cockpit, I don't have many thing to do:)

As usual, some legibility enhancement, added shadows.

Redrawn the control stick name plate, now it's close to historically one.

Except Tempest, Bobp planes have all been updated for the second time. In the future, B-109 G14 / K-4 and Fw-190 A8 still have some way to go.

DL LINK:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hkPaxcGVCmCKqAjuDYYyr-kj2RP6FBok

Edited by Oyster_KAI
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...