Stand alone campaign

HI guys,

Newbie here.. just bought the stand alone version of the battle Of Bodenplatte.... was wondering if there was a campaign mode or do i need to buy other titles? They all have a locked symbol..

Thanks for your help!

Just now, vonduck said:

HI guys,

Newbie here.. just bought the stand alone version of the battle Of Bodenplatte.... was wondering if there was a campaign mode or do i need to buy other titles? They all have a locked symbol..

Thanks for your help!

Hi and welcome,

it's a pity you didn't ask before, because Battle of Bodenplatte does not have any campaigns at the moment. The other campaigns you can see in the campaign menu

are locked because they need to be purchased separately. BUT watch out: These existing campaigns won't work, if you only own Battle of Bodenplatte!

Achtung Spitfire! - needs Battle of Kuban and the Spitfire MkVb collector plane

Fortress on the Volga - needs Battle of Stalingrad

Havoc Over The Kuban - needs Battle of Kuban

Blazing Steppe - needs Battle of Stalingrad

Ten Days of Autumn - needs Battle of Moscow

There is a campaign for Battle of Bodenplatte being produced and should be released soon.

Hope this helps.

Cheerio

Ah thank you very much for that! Ill wait for the campaign specifically for the Bodenplatte version with baited breath!

Where does one access the career mode? Have to be online for that i guess?

Appreciate you help chaps!

You dont have to be online for career, just select Career from the Main menu, third option from the top, and then click Create New Career. You will only be able to select "Battle of Rhineland" if you only have Bodenplatte.

@vonduck There is a semantics thing here at IL2 GB that will confuse many flight simmers with experience in other games:

1. Campaign: A series of joined, scripted missions that cover a limited time period.  Generally 10-20 missions in  length.  These campaigns are separate purchases.

2. Career: Become a pilot.  Engage in a series of dynamically created missions generally over a long span of time.  If you own all of the modules that span could cover most of the war.

The sims that I have been associated with in the past referred to careers as campaigns.  I still slide into that wording.

Career (campaign): pick a plane and squadron you want to fly and crate a pilot (ypu can create multiple pilots on various planes and sqads in career).

Fly dynamically generated missions and progress trough the war that reflects historical battle.

Your pilot will get medals and awards as you progress as well promotions.

Explore career options to get more familiar with it (airstart, iron mode...etc.)

However you can't affect frontline and change outcome of the history.

Scripted campaigns:

-currently none for BoBp bit it will be released eventually.

-consist from 15-20 well detailed missions.

-keep an eye on community made scripted campaigns and missions

And now a shameless plug for my third party career - Called Patrick Wilsons Campaign Generator :) ... but it is Career.  Named 10 years ago at the dawn of RoF before this distinction was a thing.

There is a section in this forum for it.  It is a full blown career that I code for pretty much daily ... for the last ten years.  Probably neither better nor worse than the in game campaign mode.  Very similar in many ways.  Different in some very significant ways.  Free download.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
2 hours ago, vonduck said:

Where does one access the career mode? Have to be online for that i guess?

When the game first loads, hit the big Enter button to login with the game's main server.  You will see the Career mode available there for you to play in SP.

If you click the smaller "offline" button you wont see as many features available to you.

Enjoy!

16 minutes ago, vonduck said:

Awesome info chaps! I have much to learn with my wording! LOL

Let me try all this stuff out!

Thanks so much

D

Forgot to mention that you need to have internet connection for Career, however it just uses internet traffic at start to generate mission and also when you finnish mission to calculate score and give awards since mission generator is server based.

But you don't need to have fast and reliable internet for that.

Also there is a 3rd party campaign generator which you can use completely offline called "PWCG" from this guy above ^^^(Patrick Willson).

It's quality is on official level!

Edited by EAF_Ribbon
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

And now a shameless plug for my third party career - Called Patrick Wilsons Campaign Generator :) ... but it is Career.  Named 10 years ago at the dawn of RoF before this distinction was a thing.

There is a section in this forum for it.  It is a full blown career that I code for pretty much daily ... for the last ten years.  Probably neither better nor worse than the in game campaign mode.  Very similar in many ways.  Different in some very significant ways.  Free download.  

Wowzer! I am definitely going to check for this!

Are there any other "essential" files other than this form your experience that i should be interested in to make it a better experience?

43 minutes ago, vonduck said:

Wowzer! I am definitely going to check for this!

Are there any other "essential" files other than this form your experience that i should be interested in to make it a better experience?

Shameless plug myself, but if you want help with key binding and learning your new planes, you can download my Flight School scripted campaigns.

That section of the forum also has other FREE community created scripted campaigns for some of the planes you have. I know of at least one P-47 and one D-9 campaign available.

• Thanks 1

Upvote for both Pat's PWCG and Utopioneer's Flight School.

After you have flown for a week or two (campaign/career/quick missions) AND if you have a decent rig (powerful CPU, enough memory and a good GPU) then I suggest that you'll take a look at MODS done by the community. A word of warning though, mods are generally not accepted in Multiplayer servers, but if you are more into Single player stuff then there's a few mods that will change the appearance and experience of the simulation. Clouds mod and Reshade to name a few. Actually Reshade is not even a mod (I think, can't remember for sure) so you are (most likely) allowed to use it in MP servers as well.

Ok, this was a bit out of the original topic, apologies for that. 

Edited by Nadelbaum
  • Thanks 1