Plane specific controls, filterable spreadsheet

Hipsu

cardboard_killer
On 5/5/2021 at 5:01 AM, Hipsu said:

I haven't bought anything recent even though there has been good sales...

Check you licenses; I just gifted you BoN and FC1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

352nd_Hoss
On 4/13/2020 at 9:13 AM, Hipsu said:

Hi friends. I've created a pretty nifty google spreadsheet for finding out which planes have what controls, and figuring out which controls can share the same joystick buttons.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WZFFW18zSU0ip5QIZQbmuChM5Tw_5u-sqDCEKO5kWk0/edit?usp=sharing

You can use the provided filters without fear of messing with other simultaneous users.

It's somewhat sluggish, so please handle it with patience.

1UAakcO.png

It's missing Flying Circus as I don't have that product (yet).

Comments and suggestions are welcome. If you have a google account, you can leave comments straight in the spreadsheet.

Hmm, should I have posted this in the 3rd party tools section instead? Moderators please move if in the wrong section.

That is some fantastic work, and very useful, one thing I noticed that will confuse some folks.  That is, the controls might need to be color coded as to what experience level the user is flying with.  Easy/Expert/Custom. I don't even want to tell you how many times we have seen guys saying they could not get X to work no matter what they tried.  This may help them to realize they can't use that binding if they are not flying in the correct level of realism to make it function like it should.  LOL and no I don't want to go test them for you......   I fly this level of realism....

Again, nice spread sheets

Cheers

Hoss

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, cardboard_killer said:

Check you licenses; I just gifted you BoN and FC1

Oh wooow, thanks a lot! I'll make it top priority to update the sheet this weekend!

5 hours ago, 352nd_Hoss said:

That is, the controls might need to be color coded as to what experience level the user is flying with.  Easy/Expert/Custom.

I'll look into that. No promises.

Edited by Hipsu
  • Thanks 1

Updated. It's up to date. Flying Circus, Normandy (planes that have been released so far), Yak 9s and Hurricane. Everything.

I implemented that Normal/Expert -thing.

I also colored the nationalities (Allied, Axis...) tell me what you think of those.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WZFFW18zSU0ip5QIZQbmuChM5Tw_5u-sqDCEKO5kWk0/edit?usp=sharing

These new controls joined the party:

- Engine blip switch (Sopwith Camel and Fokker Dr.I)

- Fokker D.VIIF engine: altitude throttle (Fokker D.IIF)

- Fire weapon group 3 (Sopwith Dolphin)

- Gunsight reset (every plane with adjustable sights.)

- Gunsight vertical adjustment and Gunsight twist reset (Typhoon Mk.Ib)

• Upvote 3