ShamrockOneFive

Announcing Sturmovikfest 2020!

Day four is here! Mass formation event plus we're back to flying in on Finnish Virtual Pilots server again tonight. We had a very special guest last night, IL-2 Lead Producer Jason Williams joined us for a brief sortie.

More details on what's coming up today here:

https://stormbirds.blog/2020/04/29/sturmovikfest-day-four-return-of-the-mass-formation/

And check out the schedule here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1auYbBRtEJBVvSe8rvrHWaj1be0I2XwicvU69Y5A9UlE/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 3

Promo vid for Raven Squadrons "Operation D'archangel" Event on Sat night at 8PM AEST (GMT+10)

Details and Sign up here:

• Like 1

It's day five and we're heading to Jasta5's Flugpark server tonight for some Flying Circus Vol 1 fun! https://stormbirds.blog/2020/04/30/sturmovikfest-day-five-flying-circus-fly-in/

Even if you don't have FC, you may still be able to join in as a gunner. It's a very cool experience as a WWI gunner too with a much better view of the action than in the WWII gunner seats. Worth checking out!

I have been told by usually reliable sources, that FC in Vr is a sight to behold!

4 minutes ago, SYN_Mike77 said:

I have been told by usually reliable sources, that FC in Vr is a sight to behold!

And those sources are correct. It’s awesome. 

Hi everyone,

Just though I would note that I have Stalingrad and Kuban up for grabs in a giveaway on the Unprofessionals Discord and the winners are to be drawn a few hours before the final flyout of the festival which will be on The Unprofessionals server :)

Hope to see as many of you on there as possible

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

We're down to our final two days of the festival and things are starting to wrap-up.

Operation D’archangel is happening today and I'm suggesting folks fly in on Finnish Virtual Pilots again if you didn't get a chance during the week. They have a magnificent server that's worthy of some attention. Also worthy of some attention is The Unprofessionals which I flew on yesterday with Deadmeat and Magz and which was a great experience. Great server, great community, and despite me being in North America and the server being in Australia... it worked great!

https://stormbirds.blog/2020/05/02/sturmovikfest-day-seven-penultimate/

• Like 1

We're into our final day of the festival and we end on a high note with the Project R racing tournament by Combat Box and the Flying Circus Furball happening this afternoon.

https://stormbirds.blog/2020/05/03/sturmovikfest-day-seven-project-r-and-flying-circus-furball-finale/

Yesterday when I was on, I saw 8-10 servers at maximum capacity or near maximum capacity. Easily one of the best turnouts I've seen and we're seeing a wide variety of servers from Wings of Liberty and Berloga to Combat Box and Finnish Virtual Pilots.

I have a huge list of thank you's to post very soon but generally speaking thank you everyone for being a part of this!

• Like 1

Well ladies and gentlemen, we're at an end as today marks the end of Sturmovikfest 2020. I want to thank everyone for being a part of this, for supporting, and for doing all the things that you've all done to make this event what it has become. When I came up with the idea I hadn't dreamed of half of the things that happened during this festival and it was only a hope and a dream that the rest of it would come together.

It did and I have all of you to thank for it! I've written out a more specific list of thank you's and some recaps from the last few days here:

Celebrating the end - https://stormbirds.blog/2020/05/03/celebrating-the-end-of-sturmovikfest-2020/

Recaps of multiplayer flights - https://stormbirds.blog/2020/05/03/flight-journal-a-summary-of-sturmovikfest-multiplayer-flying/

I'm also pretty exhausted from trying to keep up with everything so probably going to be fairly low key from me for a few days so I just wanted to leave this note. Thank you all!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

Colin,

A HUGE THANK YOU from the Sturmovik Team for putting this together and ALL of the participants and server operators! Really good show everyone!

Jason

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 4

Thanks for putting Sturmovikfest 2020 together ShamrockOneFive. It was a big hit.  :salute:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I would also like to post my appreciation for putting on the event, ShamrockOneFive, and for all the effort you spent in socializing and organizing it.  Really well done.  And to everyone else involved in contributing content, time and effort.

In fact, I'm looking forward to next year's event so much (and there is going to be one next year, right?!) that as I switch back to my normal self-portrait profile picture, I'd like to place my Sturmovickfest 2020 avatar in this post for safekeeping so I can come back here next year and put it back on.  I know it's posted at the start of this thread, but this one is my Sturmovickfest avatar that's now been smeared with sweat, oil and grease stains from the Bf110 and P-38 formation flights... kinda like a baseball pitcher's ballcap that should never be washed.  I look forward to putting it back on next year!

sturmovikfest2020-badge-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, =[TIA]=Stoopy said:

I would also like to post my appreciation for putting on the event, ShamrockOneFive, and for all the effort you spent in socializing and organizing it.  Really well done.  And to everyone else involved in contributing content, time and effort.

In fact, I'm looking forward to next year's event so much (and there is going to be one next year, right?!) that as I switch back to my normal self-portrait profile picture, I'd like to place my Sturmovickfest 2020 avatar in this post for safekeeping so I can come back here next year and put it back on.  I know it's posted at the start of this thread, but this one is my Sturmovickfest avatar that's now been smeared with sweat, oil and grease stains from the Bf110 and P-38 formation flights... kinda like a baseball pitcher's ballcap that should never be washed.  I look forward to putting it back on next year!

sturmovikfest2020-badge-1.jpg

Thanks Stoopy! Thanks for being a part of the festival!

I've said a bunch of times now that I had no idea if the community would be onboard with it or if it would just kind of fizzle out. I'm so glad that it didn't and that all kinds great memories were made, new experiences had, and new connections made. It was a major effort and I'm kind of recuperating this week but I think it was worth it and I think that definitely means that we should do it again next year!

• Upvote 6