PommyB

Six view in VR

Posted (edited)

Is this coming any time soon?

At least give it to single players.

Edited by PommyB

Many are using it right now. You will have to find the thread though as theres a bit to do to make it happen.  Once done, theres no looking back. (Bad pun intended)

On 4/12/2020 at 8:05 PM, PommyB said:

Is this coming any time soon?

At least give it to single players.

On 4/12/2020 at 10:03 PM, 1PL-Husar-1Esk said:

It can be done with external software.

On 6/8/2020 at 3:18 PM, TWC_Sp00k said:

Many are using it right now. You will have to find the thread though as theres a bit to do to make it happen.  Once done, theres no looking back. (Bad pun intended)

For the love of.....  You're using a VR headset,.. simply turn your eyes, head, neck, and upper body rearward to view behind you as you would in the aircraft.

2 hours ago, zhousaifu said:

For the love of.....  You're using a VR headset,.. simply turn your eyes, head, neck, and upper body rearward to view behind you as you would in the aircraft.

Remember we are competing against Owls.  To beat the Owl, you must become the Owl.

I have limited my view backwards to 140° max in the TrackIR profile to get a bit more 'realism'/less 'owl'. :)

On 7/22/2020 at 8:05 AM, zhousaifu said:

Why i stick to TrackHat. Neck arthrosis, 😀.  Wish that turning my swivel chair 180 degrees would do that ..

Posted (edited)

Yes, age and disabilities can make turning one's head an effort. Unfortunately the newest version of Driver4VR doesn't work for me and my Samsung. Nor does the FreePie work around, due to a Steam update I believe. But can't go back to TrackIR, VR too addictive.

Edited by TWC_Target

On 7/22/2020 at 1:05 AM, zhousaifu said:

I want the ease of looking behind me as others have using Track IR5. I'm 70 years old and twisting and turning is not something everyone can do. So give me a button I can toggle front/rear view while in VR. For the love of......just because you can, not everyone can.