Jump to content

Tank Crew in combination with other IL2 GB stuff ?


Recommended Posts

I think Jason reported on a Russian forum read that TC was not received that well in regards of sales and and the development of it due costs.

They needed more cash flow and investments to keep the project going ...

 

Now I am a bit curious about how well Tank Crew as it is now sits and fits in combination with the other IL2 stuff 😟

Any experienced users who having comments here willing to shine a light?

 

Edited by jollyjack
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It is just awesome!!!  I do not speak so good english, bur experience of a STUKA chasing a T-34 ...Is just epic!!! 😉

 

By the way, stopping a project, just because first opus is not as successfull as intended is VERY disapointing !! and do not make me want to participate in any further new project!!🥵

 

May be they should think to make a second tanck crew with WEST FRONT tanks (CHURCHILL/TD M10/WOLVERINE/KING TIGER etc...)

Edited by CCG_Pips
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Last time I bought BOBP, FC and TC at the same time. I did it the first day they started selling them.

Then I was waiting for the Pacific and honestly, I got very disappointed when the BON was finally announced. I haven't bought it.

But ... if the make the announcement of FC2 and TC2, I would buy the three again.

It's all or nothing for me.

Edited by =gRiJ=Roman-
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

In its current state, nearly 2 year after its release in alpha, tank crew is (sadly) not a product that will appeal to anyone aside from people wanting to actively support the studio, especially at the current price.

 

Sound design, visual effects, graphics outside of tank models (which are the only good thing for now), none of it is up to what you would expect from a 70$ game, especially after years of alpha. I already went into great length detailing those issues in previous posts, I won't do it again here.

 

Yes, you can have fun with it, the same way some people can have fun with anything, especially with friends.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Saedriss said:

Sound design, visual effects, graphics outside of tank models (which are the only good thing for now), none of it is up to what you would expect from a 70$ game, especially after years of alpha. I already went into great length detailing those issues in previous posts, I won't do it again here.

 

Well, I don't know what you are talking about or if we even talk about the same game. To me, the graphics in- and outside are brilliant! Also the sound is not bad at all.

Even if there are not many tank sims around there to compare, TC is really well done. But I know, there is always room for improvement, sure. Generally speaking it is

still one of the best tank sims around here... and discussing about pricing is absolutely worthless. For me, TC is worth every cent.

 

Now, concerning the concept of integrating TC into IL2 Great Battles Series, one might not be very happy with it. To use TC in combined arms manner is difficult to

me as both a tank sim and a flight sim have a different pace. This is obvious when going online to play MP - it is very difficult and very, very frustrating. It's like going

for a knife fight and you end up in a gun fight. Especially when you already know, even before you join the battle in a tank, that you will be instantly killed even before

you can hit the key E to start your engine. It seems there are a lot of "funny" and "clever" individuals circling over your spawn point just to kill you as soon as you

enter the arena - only to collect some kills for their statistics. Not very sportsman like!

 

To enjoy tank battles in MP there should be tank servers only, meaning maybe a limited small amount of AI airplanes, but no human pilots allowed. But that's my

point of view. So it is as it is...

 

Cheers

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

It has it strengths and it's weaknesses, but for me personally, I can't get into the SP mode based on some line of site issues, and it takes a lot of personal time and work to develop MP missions that work around some of the line of site issues.  Having said that there are some awesome SP missions that the guys have created available for download. 

 

The price tag is probably holding a lot of guys back on purchasing the game, and money is so relative to our individual situations. But for what I get out of all the Great Battle products I can't complain.  For me if I divide my time with this series, making missions, fooling around with movies,  experiencing the ballistic and site modeling the game does offer,  and our SCG campaign missions....well its a no brainer.  I'd shell out the money again in a heart beat.

 

We have our combined arms missions with some of our Air Combat guys working with us as a ground unit and the immersion and air and ground combination is really a neat feature in a controlled setting.  

 

But thanks for passing on the Russian Forum information. Doesn't look too promising for the future of Tank Crew if we are getting these early warning signs....

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If 1C/777 wants TC to survive and be profitable, then fixing the AI and LOS issues must be PRIORITY ONE....and not tomorrow but TODAY!  
Stop whatever your working on and do it now!  

I am extremely hesitant to recommend this to my Squadron without these things being corrected - NOW.

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SCG_Neun said:

It has it strengths and it's weaknesses, but for me personally, I can't get into the SP mode based on some line of site issues, and it takes a lot of personal time and work to develop MP missions that work around some of the line of site issues.  Having said that there are some awesome SP missions that the guys have created available for download. 

 

The price tag is probably holding a lot of guys back on purchasing the game, and money is so relative to our individual situations. But for what I get out of all the Great Battle products I can't complain.  For me if I divide my time with this series, making missions, fooling around with movies,  experiencing the ballistic and site modeling the game does offer,  and our SCG campaign missions....well its a no brainer.  I'd shell out the money again in a heart beat.

 

We have our combined arms missions with some of our Air Combat guys working with us as a ground unit and the immersion and air and ground combination is really a neat feature in a controlled setting.  

 

But thanks for passing on the Russian Forum information. Doesn't look too promising for the future of Tank Crew if we are getting these early warning signs....

 

 

 

 

That's exactly how I see it. In reality, it is very difficult to destroy a tank with an airplane. See War Thunder, that's how most players want it to be, but it breaks, but the number of planes should be limited Possibility always with flare protection and infantry together in action. With a quad in armored car the fun stopped. See W Thunder.

Edited by LukeFF
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, -=-THERION said:

To enjoy tank battles in MP there should be tank servers only, meaning maybe a limited small amount of AI airplanes, but no human pilots allowed. But that's my

point of view. So it is as it is...

 

Cheers

 

No, fighting is not at  tank crew disadvantage and some mission are very fun

you go from stress to the joy of destroying targets, then back to the stress of going unnoticed from eventual antitank planes.

 

The tank mission (multi servers) is enjoyable.


 
Edited by CCG_Pips
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks all; TC i'll wait for a while i see what goes, also because of the steep price for freelancing guys like me with a quite reduced income due Covid.

 

I am not complaining however; i pity especially all those who are completely jobless world wide, and especially those who caught it and are no more with us. 

 

PS Most see this virus as a temporary thing; my guess this will only stop until the whole world has been vaccinated or developed  resistance as with the Spanish Flu not too long ago. And if we keep on behaving like we did over the last 4 decennia when immediate worldwide interconnections between people turned 'normal', it will happen again, and probably worse. Also because nature is destroyed at the same time everywhere with biodiversity greatly reduced. Some new nastiness is just waiting to jump out of some dark corner in an attempt to survive.

 

But for now I am going to have me a nice Belgian beer, cheers all !

 

Edited by jollyjack
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2020 at 7:59 PM, CCG_Pips said:

It is just awesome!!!  I do not speak so good english, bur experience of a STUKA chasing a T-34 ...Is just epic!!! 😉

 

By the way, stopping a project, just because first opus is not as successfull as intended is VERY disapointing !! and do not make me want to participate in any further new project!!🥵

 

May be they should think to make a second tank crew with WEST FRONT tanks (CHURCHILL/TD M10/WOLVERINE/KING TIGER etc...)

Jason wrote earlier that because it's in EA they can't or won't put it on sale. 

 

Given it's been two years now I wonder if it's time though to consider lowering the price. I wonder if people who already paid for it over the last couple of years will feel upset or not if this happened. I see many people being impressed, and I also see many people finding the price is a bit high. Similar concerns about price was there for FC but it got MP going for it so far. There seems to be too few people so far for TC relying on MP only. 

 

I really hope they find a way for TC to pull through as I think it has a huge potential to set the benchmark for WW2 tank simulators. If only it had something like a career mode or similar I think it would be the tipping point to really pull more people in.

Edited by inexus
updated details
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe it has a lot of potential as well, and the guys I know that play it have all left some of the other sims to come here, but the Line of Site issue needs to be addressed.  I've seen some improvement in some areas concerning this, such as snaking a round past trees or taking out a tank hiding behind cover.  Unless I'm just plain wrong here.....in times past you could never get the round past the damn bush, or tree limbs to do any damage at all, or if you were shooting next to a tree the tree would absorb your round.  This has gotten better....for me anyways, now if they could just keep working on this....but it must be a really hard issue to correct.

 

The perfect use of this game is a combined arms approach which our unit conducts using some of our air combat players in conjunction with our tank regiment.  The game can really shine with this implemented, and if there were enough people to have organized objective based missions in a closed server....going against each other, this would be the pinnacle of the games potential.  Because the game has had to make concessions on the ground due to the air combat focus, but when you actually use the air combat side of this game with the ground tank action, it's a hoot.  

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be a darned shame if TC was curtailed.  Seems like "throttling the baby in the bathwater" to me.  I came for the planes, but stayed mainly for the tanks.  From what I have observed over the past years of using IL-2, the issues with TC can be overcome.  (They certainly have on the aviation side of the coin.)  It will just take some commitment by the folks that run IL-2.   I have a lot of respect for the devs but if they cannot correct issues mentioned herein it might be time to find some who can.  Just fix the problems and get on with it! 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with the general ideas posted above. IMHO what make the difference in this sim is or will be the Combined Arms. I was rewatching an old video I made with Tiger Vs T34 Sim and we can see already a huge improvement in Tank Crew and still in just a Beta state. Do not despair. There is still plenty of time and room for improvements. But we need to address the problems. It is not as easy to control a single seated plane as a four or five crew in a tank. It is a different approach among other issues.

 

I just through an idea out there .... what about mixing the expansions from now on? I mean, imagine BON (what I must confess, I bought yesterday although I do not like neither the scenario nor the plane set). They could include a couple of tanks of TC in the BON, maybe a Churchill and a Sherman Firefly or  Stug III, for instance. So, the future expansion could be made of both planes and tanks!!!

 

Now, sit down, take a deep breath and think about it. It is indeed a risky move but as Alexander the Great said: Fortune favours the bold!

Edited by =gRiJ=Roman-
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just through an idea out there .... what about mixing the expansions from now on? I mean, imagine BON (what I must confess, I bought yesterday although I do not like neither the scenario nor the plane set). They could include a couple of tanks of TC in the BON, maybe a Churchill and a Sherman Firefly or  Stug III, for instance. So, the future expansion could be made of both planes and tanks!!!”

 

I like this strategy.  1 tank, both sides, free with the BON.  I’d go with the Sherman and the Panzer IV though.  Puts a least 1 tank in the hands of everybody and could stimulate mission builders to incorporate player spawn points.  It’s a start.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A Combined Arms would be great. They need to add some type of 'commander' level that can move platoons around (a bit like DCS perhaps, but better). That would make for some interesting scenarios for both SP and MP :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2020 at 3:39 AM, jollyjack said:

I think Jason reported on a Russian forum read that TC was not received that well in regards of sales and and the development of it due costs.

They needed more cash flow and investments to keep the project going ...

 

 

It is a product most people will view as $40-$50 new (myself included). While they are charging currently $69.99 or $79.99. People are just waiting for the price to come down to meet their expectations of reasonable value in the market.

 

On 4/11/2020 at 10:36 AM, -=-THERION said:

Now, concerning the concept of integrating TC into IL2 Great Battles Series, one might not be very happy with it. To use TC in combined arms manner is difficult to

me as both a tank sim and a flight sim have a different pace. This is obvious when going online to play MP - it is very difficult and very, very frustrating. It's like going

for a knife fight and you end up in a gun fight. Especially when you already know, even before you join the battle in a tank, that you will be instantly killed even before

you can hit the key E to start your engine. It seems there are a lot of "funny" and "clever" individuals circling over your spawn point just to kill you as soon as you

enter the arena - only to collect some kills for their statistics. Not very sportsman like!

 

To enjoy tank battles in MP there should be tank servers only, meaning maybe a limited small amount of AI airplanes, but no human pilots allowed. But that's my

point of view. So it is as it is...

 

I actually disagree with this, I adore the idea of a full realistic battlefield. A sim where you can play as infantry on the ground, light vehicles, armor, and still fly in the sky. No game has truly achieved a complete combined arms in one product yet. Sure there is modding that has done this in games such as arma. However modding a ww2 combined arms into another game has always left the feeling of a glass half filled. Even though iL-2 is basically going the original war thunder route of only tanks/planes. The realism of it all together in one world is quite appealing. No other realism ww2 sim allows players in the air and players on the ground in one world. I hope the devs continue to expand what players can operate on the ground and continue to show us the possibilities of what can be achieved in iL-2.  

Edited by Geronimo553
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...