Completely Black screen after hitting play

Does not matter if I use launcher or .exe   Both set to run as administrator.

75% of the time I end up with a black screen.  If I tab to the desktop, i have a mouse in the task bar, but not in the desktop area.

Here is what is going on with taskmanger.  

1012326245_il2hang.thumb.jpg.bde7fe923d0e271090fc8eb181651c73.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2020 at 10:30 AM, WWSitttingDuck said:

Does not matter if I use launcher or .exe   Both set to run as administrator.

75% of the time I end up with a black screen.  If I tab to the desktop, i have a mouse in the task bar, but not in the desktop area.

Here is what is going on with taskmanger.  

Having the same issue from time to time (but seems more frequent now), need to reboot to get it going again. And then only seems to run with only the minimal other apps going, I used to be able to run the sim with Photoshop, Illustrator, the viewer and chrome going all up at once and was able to exit and launch when ever I wanted, so do not know what has changed. I loose all mouse control and have to CTRL ALT DELETE to get to taskmanager and end the game before mouse comes back,  So have you been able to sort it?

On 4/12/2020 at 4:30 AM, TheSNAFU said:

I was having this issue after 4.005. I found using full screen my desktop resolution was not the same as in game resolution. When I matched them up no further problems. 

My screen and game res are the same and as I said above I used to be able to (foolishly) run lots of things with the only resultant affect being a hit on the frame rate!

have not been able to sort it out completely, but seems like it is happening less.  

It for sure will happen if I run Mission Editor, then try to start my game.

if this helps any, this helps getting me back to my computer if I get a black screen in box.  

before I start BoX, i start task manager.  I hit cascade windows, and move taskmanager over to desktop 2.

Now if i start the game, and end up with a black screen, to get to back to my desktop, I use the key combo RALT+ENTER/LALT+TAB/WIN+D (this seems to work a lot better than just alt+tab)

I only have a mouse in the taskbar now, so i hit cascade windows again, and I have a mouse in the desktop area.  I select desktop 2 (running taskmanager), and I now have a mouse in my desktop area, so can get into the taskmanger window, and kill the il2 process.

and, have to remember to move back to desktop 1 before I re-start BoX....(which I never seem to do..)

it's a pain in the ass for sure, but better than shutting down the computer everytime this happens.

104808219_boxissues.thumb.jpg.a2a1fe75d6f3fec48a15b5a8e5ffd4a5.jpg

Edited by WWSitttingDuck