Voyager

Cliffs of Dover vs Vorpx?

Has anyone tried Vorpx with Cliffs of Dover yet? Just heard about it and was curious if anyone has had a go at it yet? It sounds like it could be good, or could be very clughy and there's not a lot of middleground. But it would be very nice to see this in VR. 

Thank you, 

Harry Voyager

Ah, thank you. Interesting read through. I think given that, I'll start out the Flyign Circus career, and give that a run though first, then after that see if CloD has been able to add in more VR support since then.

Thank you,

Harry Voyager

I have spent countless hours with this topic (not only vorpX, but also reshade/Depth3D and HelixVision).

To make a long story short:

- vorpX: wraps nicely into the HMD but with no 3D (so no go for me),

- reshade/Depth3D: produces 3D effect based on depth buffer but with glitches and not as natural as native VR; can be projected into the HMD by VirtualDesktop but with unbearable stutters (so no go for me),

- HelixVision (builds on nvidia 3D vision): produces similar 3D effect as reshade/Depth3D with associated glitches but is not able to wrap the result to the HMD like vorpX or VirtualDesktop (it allows for virtual screen only) (so no go for me).

Proper head tracking represents a whole different world of issues. Basically Opentrack with Valve SteamVR as input and freetrack as output allows for good rotational tracking but positional tracking is pretty much useless.

Let's hope the TF brings native VR to the title as they promise. It will be a blast as much as it is in BoX or DCS :vr:

• Like 1