Really looking forward to it Jason! A HUGE thanks to the entire team for all the hard work! :good:

If I don't wish to back up my entire folder, which files have my key assignments and graphic settings?

36 minutes ago, =EXPEND=CG_Justin said:

Really looking forward to it Jason! A HUGE thanks to the entire team for all the hard work! :good:

If I don't wish to back up my entire folder, which files have my key assignments and graphic settings?

The startup file in the data folder contains the graphics settings, then the input folder also inside data folder contains the key bindings. Finally the "snapviews" folder inside the LuaScrips folder (also inside data folder) contains the saved F10 camera positions for the cockpits of all planes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

This may apply only for scripted campaigns...not sure about career progress

BlackSix: 

If you need to reinstall game and you want to save your progress in the campaigns then copy and save folder ...\data\swf\il2\usersave\...

Edited by Hartigan

Posted (edited)

Very nice. DM needed some love. Currently P51 is a tank like it switched spot with p47. P51 can fly without both ailerons and with heavy damage no probs.

Edited by =VARP=Tvrdi
  • Upvote 1

The time has come. Thanks team for your dedication. And a nice expectations reset from Jason. Phaser adjusted. Bon voyage chaps...

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

After you get the update please, please, please let it breathe and take your time. Please don't fly for five minutes and come here and report problems. without further testing. Fly some missions, fly some QMB, fly some MP and just take it for an extended spin.

We all know that´s not going to happen 😄

Edited by =EXPEND=13SchwarzeHand
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

The startup file in the data folder contains the graphics settings, then the input folder also inside data folder contains the key bindings. Finally the "snapviews" folder inside the LuaScrips folder (also inside data folder) contains the saved F10 camera positions for the cockpits of all planes.

Thanks for this!!

1 hour ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

I cant seem to find the start up files? Does it have a another name?

Posted (edited)

I must never hit in the right spots because I never seen wings fold before: I have seen bits fly off and all sorts of puffs of smoke, so I will sadly not noticed one "damn" bit of difference. No complaints coming from. :)

8 minutes ago, -SF-Jetstream13 said:

I cant seem to find the start up files? Does it have a another name?

Its in the data folder. It should be alphabetical... CFG file.

1087564067_startupfile.thumb.jpg.ffe8e233a2c006272a31eef5d69de7e7.jpg

Edited by [=PzG=]-FlyinPinkPanther

7 minutes ago, [=PzG=]-FlyinPinkPanther said:

I must never hit in the right spots because I never seen wings fold before: I have seen bits fly off and all sorts of puffs of smoke, so I will sadly not noticed one "damn" bit of difference. No complaints coming from. :)

Its in the data folder. It should be alphabetical... CFG file. 

Screenshot (259).png

Thanks m8!

Really excited to see what this holds, and understand a big change like this can't be perfect. Thank you dev's for all your work! Jason, the balance you strike of improving the existing game while adding new content, all while keeping us well informed, is astounding. Thank you!

Posted (edited)

:good:

All sounding great, thanks for the heads up!

Much thanks and appreciation to the Team for accomplishing all of this during these very trying times!!

Edited by dburne

Reasonable expectations is my middle name, thank you. Will be much fun testing this out since I`m kinda goin nuts from the isolation.

I can't wait to sink my teeth into this one! 

Looking forward to this release! As always, this team keeps amazing with their work and dedication.

Stay save and indoors... ⚠️

5 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

So, with that please sit tight, relax and expect out servers to get slammed, please expect slow connections at times. 

Jason

A huge thank you to you and the team to make this happen. Have a nice easter weekend, take care and stay healthy!

I'M REEEAAADIYYY!!! 

Fantastic effort. Especially considering the very difficult times we are in. 

(I'm a bit keen to see updates to TC... might be the update that I can't resist buying TC anymore and break my budget). 

Something is happening....

2020_4_8__10_18_43.jpg

• Like 1

Master Server is disallowing login but there is still no update to download. I would like to play SP but cant.

There is normally some down time while versions are changed and updated.

1 minute ago, Oyster_KAI said:

You need to wait for a couple hours

That looks like a separate issue to me.

2 minutes ago, Dave said:

That looks like a separate issue to me.

No it's not......

Just now, DD_Arthur said:

No it's not......

Sarcasm

Just backed up the following files:

"...\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow\data\startup.cfg" - Graphics settings

"...\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow\data\input" - Keymappings

"...\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow\data\LuaScripts\snapviews" - Pilot head positions and snap view positions

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Time to Launch..../:salute:       2.01 GB

Edited by Cathaoir

Posted (edited)

Damage definitely better. My imagination maybe but AI seem to be  permanently set on novice/brain dead. Makes for easy shooting. Maybe set that way for testing and forgot to switch back?

Anyway big improvement. I like it. :good:

Can we get the armored glass fixed on the late 109's?

:salute:

skud

Edited by ATAG_SKUD

Posted (edited)

Some say that if you work from home, your productivity is higher than being in office.
No lunch breaks (you can eat while working), no wasting time when driving to work, you are being less distracted by coworkers and put 100% on your tasks.
Anyway, thanks for the advice. I will still backup the game.
And of course, thanks for updating the game with this huge path.

Edited by Zeev

I did not have anything backed up. No issues. Everything went smoothly. None of my settings were changed. Everything looks good. New vehicles and 4k skins are very pretty. I am going back in to play some more and check out the new damage!

Took a few flights, not sure I noticed much different. But on the other hand I really enjoyed the flights.

Maybe that's the point.

Thanks for the update. :drinks:

33 minutes ago, =Abutres=Mutley1 said:

image.png.cafa68e414d8f9ff0df2da36f1991085.png

Try restarting the launcher a couple times, sometimes the launcher just doesn't connect with the master server right on the first try. Otherwise I think you can try deleting the updates folder...not sure which one that is off the top of my head. Previous update threads have instructions on what to do if this happens.

• Sad 1