P47 Mistery....What am i doing wrong?

Hi all,

I recently got the P47 and i like a lot...But it EM is not exactly comparable to anything else so far:

This happened to me a few times:

The turbo charger light was blinking constantly, even though the Turbo RPM is solid and below 20000 RPM 

I noticed that at high altitude (approx 20000 ft) the prop RPM was erratic, carb inlet temp was at orange arc.

And engine was at combat mode, but with Boost off, (not at WEP)

Oil and cylinder temp okay. 

But few minutes later the entire engine seized.

What am i doing wrong? is it ice in the carb inlet? or a mixture setting???

And in the turbocharger overspeed light supposed to be blinking???

If anyone has some experience with this thing.... thanks!

Engine timer killed your engine, turn on instrument panel in your realisam settings and technochat and run test again, and youll see message warning you that your timer run out.

When testing new airplane i sugest turn on this so you can understand what is killing your engine and what are time limits.

ANd then when you understand what is geting wrong from messages game gives, you can play without them.

To use techchat as a familiation purpose is a good thing. 
Remember in mp you fly against people using it all the time. You can press the engines a tad extra compared to specs ingame using it. 
I turn it off when I know what to do. I hate to use it but found it helpful in learning a new plane 

28 minutes ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

Yeah the blinking turbo light means everything is ok. Which is odd to me. Apparently later models did away with the blinking.

It's an "Everything is ok alarm" :)

Yeah, it confused the hell out of me....So now it begs the question: will it burn full bright when the Turbine is actually overspeeding? or will it go blank entirely?

16 minutes ago, LFL-EightyPLUS said:

So now it begs the question: will it burn full bright when the Turbine is actually overspeeding? or will it go blank entirely?

It will glow solid red.

On 4/8/2020 at 6:36 PM, No.331.Animal_Mother said:

No.. i dont think i did, i fact on both occasions the entire flight time was less then 15 min...

But im starting to suspect i might have overrevved the turbosupercharger....

1 minute ago, LFL-EightyPLUS said:

No.. i dont think i did, i fact on both occasions the entire flight time was less then 15 min...

That shouldn't of killed the engine, just the turbo.

Are you still having trouble? If so just record an in-game track and upload it here so we can better see whats going on.

By the way, with regards to the Intercooler inlet temperature...

Is it possible to destroy the engine by overcooling it?? or is it just a way of fine-tuning it without influencing anything but MP?

1 minute ago, Legioneod said:

That shouldn't of killed the engine, just the turbo.

Are you still having trouble? If so just record an in-game track and upload it here so we can better see whats going on.

Admittedly i haven't flow in last few days, but on the last try i could quite easily reach 35.000 FT.

But the more i hear the supercharger whine...the more the RPM needle fluctuates...

5 minutes ago, LFL-EightyPLUS said:

By the way, with regards to the Intercooler inlet temperature...

Is it possible to destroy the engine by overcooling it?? or is it just a way of fine-tuning it without influencing anything but MP?

Admittedly i haven't flow in last few days, but on the last try i could quite easily reach 35.000 FT.

But the more i hear the supercharger whine...the more the RPM needle fluctuates...

Iirc overcooling damage is modeled. I'm not sure but I think I damaged my engine before by overcooling it for a prolonged period of time.

1 hour ago, LFL-EightyPLUS said:

Btw, you can extend the combat timer to 25/30min by reducing RPMs to 2600/2550. But keep 2700 at low/medium speed for better acceleration and climbrate. 2550 is for high speed. 

EDIT: And if you reduce to 50", with 2600/2550 rpms, you have 45min. 

Edited by JG300_Faucon
  • Upvote 1
6 hours ago, JG300_Faucon said:

Btw, you can extend the combat timer to 25/30min by reducing RPMs to 2600/2550. But keep 2700 at low/medium speed for better acceleration and climbrate. 2550 is for high speed. 

EDIT: And if you reduce to 50", with 2600/2550 rpms, you have 45min. 

Noob question here: how do you guys know these times so specific? The Notes only specify 3 settings with 3 rpm's and 3 MP's?

Also with tech tips and dashboard enables, it tells me the engine mode, not an actual timer?...

1 minute ago, LFL-EightyPLUS said:

Noob question here: how do you guys know these times so specific? The Notes only specify 3 settings with 3 rpm's and 3 MP's?

Simple answer: test ;)

QMB, auto level on, try different engine settings, and see when your engine die with the clock in the cockpit. 

23 minutes ago, LFL-EightyPLUS said:

Also with tech tips and dashboard enables, it tells me the engine mode, not an actual timer?...

Game has BUG with techchat engine timers, messages exist in game but they dont show up if Instrument Panel option (that has nothing to do with engine timers) is turned off. So when testing you have to turn that ON, as it will be only thing that will tell you when time game belives is max expires or recovers, if you just go untill engine brakes thats not correct as there is extra random time added to exact time that is differant every time.