Are there updates for FC1 planned with 4.005 or later? Just curious, as it's definitely my favorite with IL2 ... Compared to Rise of Flight's contents it's very sparce still.

I don't think anyone knows yet JJ, but there's optimism and pessimism everywhere !

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

So far as we know, the FC aircraft are included in the damage modeling update that they have been doing for the rest of the series. So there are some general improvements coming to the series.

As far as content is concerned we don't know yet when/if there will be a Vol 2 or any other content released for FC that would help add to the experience. I'd love the Gotha G.V and Handley Page 0/400 just to add some bigger aircraft into the mix. I sincerely hope there will be!

• Upvote 1

Yep, those bombers are great in RoF,  as is the Roland Cii. But i'd really would like to see the channel area with ships and water planes.

29 minutes ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

So far as we know, the FC aircraft are included in the damage modeling update that they have been doing for the rest of the series. So there are some general improvements coming to the series.

As far as content is concerned we don't know yet when/if there will be a Vol 2 or any other content released for FC that would help add to the experience. I'd love the Gotha G.V and Handley Page 0/400 just to add some bigger aircraft into the mix. I sincerely hope there will be!

Definitely this would be awesome to have those big ol' war birds! 

I am trying to get more of my friends to play FC. I think if FC gets more players/money, we would have better chances to get Vol.2.

• Like 1

Yes !
  Did I like more French aircraft?
and the period 1915 1916
incredible 1st World War and only 1 French plane!
where are the nieuport 11, 17  , 28 spad 7 breguet 14 voisin and other morane?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jollyjack said:

i'd really would like to see the channel area with ships and water planes.

I don't think the channel map was very popular in ROF. The large bombers would be a good addition though they need to improve the ai gunners a bit. At the moment the bombers are just target practice for the scouts. I'd like to see some early planes, like before they put synchronised guns on board, We can drop beer bottles on each others head. 

32 minutes ago, NO.20_W_M_Thomson said:

I don't think the channel map was very popular in ROF. 

That's a shame because it is still beautiful.

34 minutes ago, NO.20_W_M_Thomson said:

I don't think the channel map was very popular in ROF. 

The only reason it wasn't popular was because it was dlc, server comes around to channel map, server clears out because no one had it. The way they handle multiplayer maps with the ww2 stuff now is how the channel map should have been handled.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, jollyjack said:

Are there updates for FC1 planned with 4.005 or later? Just curious, as it's definitely my favorite with IL2 ... Compared to Rise of Flight's contents it's very sparce still.

I was informed it's right across the board for all the content including FC :)

Posted (edited)

I sincerely hope there is more to come in FC. I am really enjoying it so far and will buy FC2 and Collector aircraft to my liking. 

Edited by Snowy
Spelling

Posted (edited)

Hopefully there will be more content soon.  Even just two dedicated recon aircraft or heavies would add historical authenticity and improve the package immensely. 

Edited by Feathered_IV
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Tycoon said:

The only reason it wasn't popular was because it was dlc, server comes around to channel map, server clears out because no one had it. The way they handle multiplayer maps with the ww2 stuff now is how the channel map should have been handled.

Yes your probably right, I forgot it was DLC. I had bought it for a couple guys who didn't have it. to bad not everyone had that map. 

2 hours ago, J28w-Broccoli said:

That's a shame because it is still beautiful.

I think maybe right now we'd all be happy with something new and a channel map might be good. Any new map would be good right now.

Posted (edited)

This map still has some potential to be expanded in the future:

- pre March 1918 map with the front line moved to Saint Quentin (Hindenburg Line): winter and spring textures

- some missing aerodromes and towns

- some trench remains (before Kaiserschlacht) on our current map.

I agree that the arrival of some collector planes/plane pack would help the module to become even better and complete:

- Fokker D.VIII

- Pfalz D.XII

- DFW C.V

- D.H.4

- R.E.8

- Heavies

I am not even mentioning about the missing French planes which would be great for some new expansion, like Verdun area.

Edited by 1PL-Lucas-1Esk
  • Upvote 4

39 minutes ago, =37.Sqn=Mjugen said:

FC with VR is best thing ever

Sounds like it would be great. I don't know how you guys can do that without coating your entire house in vomit.

I was feeling sick when got Rift CV1 back then for a week or so, playing DCS. It seems that my brain adopted, and since then it was smooth sail for me.

Even the old low poly-count ROF models with 4k skins would do...... The same goes for the terrain.

Posted (edited)
On 4/5/2020 at 12:41 AM, unlikely_spider said:

Sounds like it would be great. I don't know how you guys can do that without coating your entire house in vomit.

I took the following steps to get through the motion sickness phase. I used a PSVR prior to the arrival of my Valve Index and was experiencing motion sickness in certain titles so read up on the issue and tried using ginger tablets to see if they helped. I had read that Dirt Rally for the PSVR is a challenge if you are prone to motion sickness and sure enough it is. So using that as my baseline I then tried taking three ginger tablets an hour before driving in Dirt Rally. It’s just ginger root powder in tablet form for travel sickness. After the hour I got into the sim and did one rally. I felt good and had a blast driving an Audi Quattro Rally in Finland. What a fun ride! No nausea and only the slightest headache, if that. The rally took about six minutes. I then did the same thing next day and did two sessions totalling about 12 minutes. No symptoms experienced. The next day I did about 20 minutes with the same result. I increased the time each day and after a while I tried it without taking the ginger first. I was all good after two courses in Dirt Rally so the next day did more. Basically I used the ginger tablets as I built up tolerance then cut out the ginger. I received my Index and have had no motion sickness in IL-2, DCS, Dirt Rally or Project Cars 2.

Edited by Snowy
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

On 4/5/2020 at 1:41 AM, unlikely_spider said:

For me is opposite how you can feel seek , I do played quake VR while strafing hahaha and that give me funny feeling but only for moment ,I love to expirence all that wired brain fooling :) but it last very shortly and now all vr experiences are normal as waking in RL. 

On 4/5/2020 at 1:41 AM, unlikely_spider said:

Until you fly in VR low above the no-mans land,  feels a bit retro 2002 and not 2020.   😪

• Haha 1

@unlikely_spider have you already tried a ReliefBand Motion Sickness Control? They work great for car or sea sickness and might do the same trick here until your body has gotten used to it.

On 4/5/2020 at 11:41 AM, unlikely_spider said:

That's all apart of the experience I thought 🥴🤢🤮🤤😏😄

Where are the Neuports?  Why not have the Sopwith Triplane?  DH2 vs. Eindecker?  And on and on?

I have been flying more and more WW1 birds, and am enjoying them more than I did in RoF.  The lack of content is a big limiting factor in what can be done to expand the fun to be found in Great War scenarios.  You can only do so much with our late war plane set.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Where are the Neuports?  Why not have the Sopwith Triplane?  DH2 vs. Eindecker?  And on and on?

I have been flying more and more WW1 birds, and am enjoying them more than I did in RoF.  The lack of content is a big limiting factor in what can be done to expand the fun to be found in Great War scenarios.  You can only do so much with our late war plane set.

0028f41e72d28a20477079857f14234b.jpg.dcb16836b9e7aa67e134e7aad3df382c.jpg

Edited by J5_HellCat_
  • Haha 3

Pub quiz:  Which aircraft was the most ubiquitous and played the more crucial role in the day to day actions of the First World War in the air?

A:  Sopwith Dolphin

B: Royal Aircraft Factory RE.8

Bonus question:  If you were trying to illustrate the First World War in the air with just ten aircraft; which of these two aircraft would be the most essential in creating that picture?

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

Pub quiz:  Which aircraft was the most ubiquitous and played the more crucial role in the day to day actions of the First World War in the air?

A:  Sopwith Dolphin

B: Royal Aircraft Factory RE.8

Bonus question:  If you were trying to illustrate the First World War in the air with just ten aircraft; which of these two aircraft would be the most essential in creating that picture?

Royal Aircraft Factory RE.8

Bonus = Royal Aircraft Factory RE.8

What do I win?

Edited by J5_HellCat_

I'm a Bristol man myself.

Like their cars as well.

Royal Aircraft Factory RE.8 without a doubt in my mind, but that is probably because the Australian Flying Corps flew them.

Anyone seen the Australian War Memorial’s multimedia presentation done by Peter Jackson? 

Not sure how much work is in the conversion from Rof to FC, but I would be fine with all the Rof

-planes and terrain in low poly in FC. Maybe with a 4k skin.

• Thanks 1

With the way things are right now.....

STICK A FORK IN IT.....it's done

1 hour ago, Knarley-Bob said:

With the way things are right now.....

STICK A FORK IN IT.....it's done

Dude. Not nice.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Regardless whether it is done or not- Just play the game now while it still has a multiplayer community.

Maybe we get some single player in the future, and if that comes it will be there when you want it.

But you may never get the opportunity to fully enjoy the multiplayer of the WW1 side if you don't make the most of it now.

Edited by J28w-Broccoli

36 minutes ago, J28w-Broccoli said:

Regardless whether it is done or not- Just play the game now while it still has a multiplayer community.

Maybe we get some single player in the future, and if that comes it will be there when you want it.

But you may never get the opportunity to fully enjoy the multiplayer of the WW1 side if you don't make the most of it now.

Until I get a different internet service, I'll never get to play MP the way it is. Sour grapes, not really, just the way things have worked out.

As far as not being nice,  opinions vary  😉

1 hour ago, J3Hetzer said:

Is anyone playing MP right now, with the glass wings?

It's nothing like that bad, not in my game at least.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

It's nothing like that bad, not in my game at least.

You must be playing a different game... have you flown the Alb in MP?

Posted (edited)

Pre-patch I was able to shoot down up to 8 bots in a single flight.

Post-patch I don't think I've got past 4 yet. **

Maybe I'm out of practice - not flying quite as much plus mostly been on RoF last few weeks.

It doesn't necessarily make sense since the planes do seem a little structurally weaker - none more so than the Alby.

But I'm tellin' ya, wings aren't flying off every burst in my game. Only the Alby is raising an eyebrow here.

Has everyone seen Emely's Dr1 damage video ?

S!

** EDIT : I'm thinking the faster bots' tendancy to extend fully now is resulting in my shooting more from distance, which will naturally reduce shot effectiveness.

Edited by Zooropa_Fly

1 hour ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

planes do seem a little structurally weaker -

Greatest understatement of the century. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1