saldy

Operation Büffel (Ju 52)

well, must ne a bug; couldn't drop anything, or open the door ..

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, jollyjack said:

well, must ne a bug; couldn't drop anything, or open the door ..

I just pressed the same button to drop bombs/cargo/paratroopers right at the start. Did it once, reloaded the mission and repeated. Both time worked. Dunno why you're not able. I can also open the cockpit window, lateral port, etc. Maybe checking your bindings?
But yes, it is a bug, because you're able to finish the mission without even starting it. 
Oh, have to mention that I played it using some mods, so maybe they are interfering in some way: 

Kuban texture mod

AllVoicesEnglish

New Icons

A20_Navigator0.4

FC_skinpack_Kaiserschlacht

Cockpit Info Cards

Graphic Preset Tuned

Damage Decals

Sun Glow

Stalingrad Tex Mod

Edited by jokerBR
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

As for using mods; i had some problems so i am a little careful now since i had to reinstall all stuff (4.003 time), and now there's even 4.005.

i checked key bindings, seems correct, but what are they 'officially' for a Ju52?

Edited by jollyjack

Posted (edited)

Really enjoy it. The heavy wind on first maps makes it hard too keep flying straight! I woud be sick if i was one of those paratroopers. Did the ju52 have a autopilot like 111 and 110?🤔

Edited by Sandmarken
  • Upvote 1

As there's no waypointed route set, there's none. I made a variation with a route set, but it's Saldy's thing so i wont publish it here.

Sent it, alas still with some errors still to him, maybe he wants tu use it in an updated version.

PS i like those more 'peaceful' missions, would love a flyable C47 for food and red cross droppings as they existed in Holland in 1945, 

when the Nazis had stolen all the food (besides all bicycles to boot when they finally were on the run for the allies).

4 hours ago, jollyjack said:

As for using mods; i had some problems so i am a little careful now since i had to reinstall all stuff (4.003 time), and now there's even 4.005.

i checked key bindings, seems correct, but what are they 'officially' for a Ju52?

AFAIK they are the very same of the other planes, there's no separate "drop bombs" key for Ju or other planes. I've changed mine to a button on my button box, so I don't recall the original, anyway, it doesn't matter (unless you inadvertently added the same key to another function or you have a SHIFT, CTRL or ALT key stuck, which in turn would cause the game to not recognize or not know what to do with the command).

Well, probably something like that, as i must have some problems with my key bindings, just fond out that using the POV on my warthog also zooms in.

A pity that there's no overview tool to check those mapping settings in some file or even excel output. Maybe some handyman can make that as 3rd party hopefully. .

5 hours ago, Sandmarken said:

Really enjoy it. The heavy wind on first maps makes it hard too keep flying straight! I woud be sick if i was one of those paratroopers. Did the ju52 have a autopilot like 111 and 110?🤔

According to this source http://www.ju52-3m.ch/about.htm an autopilot was introduced in g7e version. IL-2 has g4e version.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jollyjack said:

Well, probably something like that, as i must have some problems with my key bindings, just fond out that using the POV on my warthog also zooms in.

A pity that there's no overview tool to check those mapping settings in some file or even excel output. Maybe some handyman can make that as 3rd party hopefully. .

You can always check for the presence of a small "double squared boxes" right at the key binding place. If this symbol is present, just hover the mouse over it and it will tell you what other commands are also used by the same key combo.

4 minutes ago, Nadelbaum said:

According to this source http://www.ju52-3m.ch/about.htm an autopilot was introduced in g7e version. IL-2 has g4e version.

Well, you can pretend you are flying a g7e version by activating the game's autopilot function - although I agree that it diminishes immersion.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Wow. Well that's me just completed the last mission. Tricky and gorgeous at the same time.

All five missions interesting and involving. Flew them flying no icons, and no nav aids (thank Heavens for the radio beacon!) - enjoyed them all

Magnificent creation, thank you Saldy

Edited by Crashbangwallop
  • Thanks 1

Hi pilots,

bit of a stupid question really and its most probably me. But on mission 1, when I land the plane and deliver cargo, the exit button still shows red to say the mission is incomplete. Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong or is it a small glitch? Thank you

On 4/22/2020 at 7:18 PM, aaranp88aaronp said:

Hi pilots,

bit of a stupid question really and its most probably me. But on mission 1, when I land the plane and deliver cargo, the exit button still shows red to say the mission is incomplete. Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong or is it a small glitch? Thank you

Not a daft question at all. There are two airfields at Maikop, and the mission briefing I think was specifically to land at Maikop 1 – to the north of the city. It could be that you landed at Maikop2, slightly east of Maikop.

It's an easy mistake to make. If I remember, the weather and visibilty are atrocious, and I really had to fly around a bit to make sure I was landing at the correct one.

• Upvote 1

Finally managed to continue this campaign. I now have a problem with Mission 4. After taking off I'm supposed to follow the experienced flight leader. I guess he is a bit too experienced as he is just flying more or less a circular pattern. Maybe he has a suicidal tendency as the enemy planes are also circling around. I first thought that we have to wait until the enemy has been taken care of by the bf109's, but apparently this is not the case as the experienced leader still continues to circle around. After following his non-sense for 25 minutes I just rammed my plane at him and quit. 🙁

I recorded this and I believe I have a track available as well if you're interested @saldy

Haven't really gone through the mission file itself to find what could be causing this behaviour.

• Thanks 1

@Nadelbaum thx for this feedback, I don't want to spoil. I tested this situation many times but yet the game sometimes does what it wants. I will try to insure this situation even better in the update. You can start the mission again for this time. 

• Like 1

@saldy apologies if I sounded a bit harsh. That was not my intention. I've loved this campaign so far. The AI just sometimes ruins the mood 😉

If you're able to fix the broken time acceleration and missing pause (MCU thingy discussed earlier) then I'm almost certain that one day I'll run through the campaign again in one single go. The mountains and Tante Ju is a perfect combination. Great job!

But first I try to find time to restart Mission 4 next week.

30.03.2020 в 20:13, saldy сказал:

Operation Buffalo - small campaign (5 missions) for all fans of Tante Ju. Have fun.

Thanks for the campaign. It was an interesting experience! I translated it for myself into Russian. I really liked it. It made me feel that I had not in vain bought this Junkers at one time. :) Missions are different and logical. I liked the trick with acceleration disabled. Great idea. :) It's good that you left the option to turn on the auto level (Shift + A). Otherwise, I could not stand it in the first mission. :) And so I climbed above the clouds, and while the co-pilot kept the level, I even managed to read a book. :)) Once I went down under the clouds to check if I had lost my course. Then he got up again and waited until the mountains appeared.

2020_4_29__17_26_21.thumb.jpg.64d4e19f7ec20d4a14dbba332943cf90.jpg2020_4_29__17_32_28.thumb.jpg.5bf357aa687b8e1fa7cea841b3f6c98e.jpg2020_4_29__17_42_3.thumb.jpg.5ec026af19a1335cc8661d76a85cc3b2.jpg

2020_4_29__17_42_53.thumb.jpg.b670e308bd23b256d156cc8e90738b65.jpg2020_4_29__18_4_17.thumb.jpg.1327da70129aff3d3dc65664ba579c38.jpg2020_4_29__18_24_32.thumb.jpg.54822969e415466f089a5f8b3c0120da.jpg

2020_4_29__19_48_48.thumb.jpg.bd4db410f75d7fe2a0f4706cfaaefba3.jpg2020_4_29__21_6_34.thumb.jpg.5a74910f43219abe9737b871bb2f4fb7.jpg2020_4_29__19_53_2.thumb.jpg.61cf126e62bfe9b4e86bbf28564c9a69.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Excellent campaign! Thank you saldy!

To me, although the old Junkers is not so active as other combat aircraft in MP servers, she is the only aircraft in the game that provides me the pure pleasure of flight. Your campaign missions provide exactly the chance for everyone to experience this sheer pleasure. I particularly like the idea to put players in a complex flying condition, challenging our skills in instrument flying, basic maneuvers, as well as our judgement in flying situations: only after a few ground loops that I noticed the windsock, which told me I was trying to take off in the wrong direction with heavy tail wind:) 

This kind of missions actually teach players how to correctly handle an aircraft. It's not about slamming the throttle and throwing bullets at people, but asking players to feel the real magic of the air. After all, IL-2 is more of a flight simulator than a combat simulator, right? 😜

By the way, is there any chance for a campaign on Stalingrad airlift? 😆 I fully understand that Stalingrad campaign will be much more complicated than this one, just want to know if there is any possibility. @saldy

1678758296_IL-2SturmovikBattleofStalingradScreenshot2020_05.01-22_30_22_19.thumb.png.77d8a30a134b50092ab0c7a9a37fe8bf.png758535873_IL-2SturmovikBattleofStalingradScreenshot2020_05.01-22_29_54_95.thumb.png.79fa1ec99665761da5481fdb54e89f77.png794223654_IL-2SturmovikBattleofStalingradScreenshot2020_05.01-22_41_17_35.thumb.png.cb2838aa1786d572642f6eae3e98d22c.png

Edited by I/JG54_chuishan
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Thanks to the author :D

v1.1 testing, wip

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Update 1.1 in first post

-Need instal enclosed Ju52 skins by ACG_Rostic

-Removed cinematic effect 

-Wind force is reduced

-Runway lighting during night takeoff

-Minor adjustments to missions

For installation v1.1 remove old v1.0.

Spoiler

ob2.jpg

Spoiler

ob1.jpg

Spoiler

ob3.jpg

Edited by saldy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This is such a great campaign! Many, many thanks for this! I love the Tante Ju, and it is so nice to finally have something that is a bit better than career in it. I enjoyed all the missions a lot.

I flew the 1st mission entirely over the cloud layer, dead reckoning + beacon, such a nice and relaxing flight. There paradrop mission was my favorite.

Please do more, haha, this campaign could use some 15+ more missions 😛

Thanks so much again. Best relaxation flying campaign.

Any tips on taking off? I end up chasing rudder corrections and swaying wildly side to side and that is keeping my speed too slow to launch...

14 minutes ago, WM_KMS said:

Any tips on taking off? I end up chasing rudder corrections and swaying wildly side to side and that is keeping my speed too slow to launch...

First the obvious: Make sure your parking break is not set 😉 

Then gradually throttle up to max while applying more or less constant rudder to counteract the torque. Avoid large rudder corrections. It is not that hard to control by little practice. And you can always check Requiem's great tutorial on it:

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Saldy, the link for v 1.1 doesn't work, transfer quota exceeded ...

Edited by jollyjack

Posted (edited)

I don't have a description, how can I fix it? My files are in the right place, right?

20200715172632_1.thumb.jpg.96b8da5911de20bbf335b8d42dfe95de.jpg

description.jpg

Edited by No_Face

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, No_Face said:

I don't have a description, how can I fix it? My files are in the right place, right?

20200715172632_1.thumb.jpg.96b8da5911de20bbf335b8d42dfe95de.jpg

I will fix this problem for non-English game versions, wait until tomorrow.

Edit: V1.2 in first post

Edited by saldy
  • Thanks 2

On 9/18/2020 at 9:41 AM, blue_max said:

Any chance of updating this to the latest patch? Cheers!

-Update for 4.501 patch

• Thanks 3