Sign in to follow this  
Jaws2002

Pz.Kpfw. V Panther Ausf. D. Late war Ambush Camouflage.

Posted (edited)

I finally sort of finished this ambush camouflage for the Panther.  I started this the day the Panther was released.

One single paint scheme, but I made two skins with it it. Different numbers from different units, just for my amusement. :biggrin: If you want it with different numbers, for different units, let me know. I could add some more, but i won't modify the camouflage. It takes too long.:(

It's a pain to chase around all those little pieces. The biggest drawback is that Skin Viewer doesn't do tanks, so it's a pain to start a new game and a new mission every time.

Anyway.

Here's the download link. 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/tz88642b5knao6d/_PzV-D.7z/file

Extract it into your Skins folder.

And a weathered copy of #323:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/t221035rm9pmjxb/Panther_323_of_10._SS_Pz._Div.7z/file

and the mandatory screenshots....

1111111.png

2020-3-29-22-52-12.png

2020-3-29-22-52-2.png

2020-3-29-22-54-33.png

2020-3-29-22-54-51.png

2020-3-29-6-47-7.png

2020-3-30-0-18-5.png

2020-3-30-0-20-48.png

2020-3-30-0-7-40.png

2020-3-30-0-9-2.png

Edited by Jaws2002
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Thank you Jaws2002 for sharing,

excellent work, love it!

regards

Kato

Thank you buddy!

Nice choice! Like the late war camouflage.

Well done:clapping:

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

ir-test-vehicle-panzertracts-5-3.thumb.jpg.b070f1bbc3f7f06e887be92a06dadea3.jpgdb-ambush-camo-p1.thumb.jpg.48f8205e4c927b2cc7c95ef339dcc737.jpg

Edited by Katowiz
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Aliocha62Mordreddesurmia said:

nice work, is it a historical or just an artistic camouflage?

It is not an exact representation of a single tank.  It's just one of the variations of the broader spectrum of late war "Ambush Camouflage". There was no established standard, just general guidelines, so each factory made different versions and the camouflage differed even from factory to factory, since many of this paint schemes were completed at the unit....if they had the paints.

late war ambush camouflage

ambush camouflage

Panther Ausf.G "213", Pz.Rgt. 31, 5. Panzer-Division, patrolling on the outskirts of Goldap, East Prussia, four days after the counterattack conducted by the Wehrmacht, who retook the first city of German Reich to fall for the Red Army. 7 November 1944.

The number 323, that i made,  of the 10th SS panzer division, is a real one, even if the camo may not be exactly like the real one.  It was lost in the Cottburg area in Germany in April 1945.

10.SS Panzer-Division Panthers and an alternative theory for "507"

Edited by Jaws2002
  • Thanks 1

Love the skin! Great job in getting the colours to match up so well. Must have been a nightmare. :good:

1849598293_pz5ambushv4.jpg.92a6a5f8114e9c6d30a1b9dc57dfa625.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

@ Flowbee_603:

Did you lighten up (or fade) the ambush camouflage for a more weathered effect ? 

Looks great! Will you upload your version (with Jaws_2002's permission)? 

kind regards

Kato

If it is ok with Jaws I can upload the weathered skins. But he has done a lot of work on this one so his call. I just added weathering on top of his dds skin file. The colour change then happens because of the extra layers. Glad you liked it though.

• Thanks 1

I really love that camo pattern and Jaws has done a remarkable job with it; well done sir!

But I also love Flowbee's weathered effect;  the combination looks so good. You have such a good taste for colours and the balance, at least to me. I do wish that Jaws permits this, and I also understand that this is his call.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Flowbee_603 said:

Love the skin! Great job in getting the colours to match up so well. Must have been a nightmare. :good:

1849598293_pz5ambushv4.jpg.92a6a5f8114e9c6d30a1b9dc57dfa625.jpg

Haha. That's exactly what i was working o as well. :biggrin: I know the colors are too dark and it needs more weathering, but after looking for small pieces all over the maps for two months i just wanted to release it, without waiting to calibrate the colors better. A lot of people are home and could use it even if it needs more work.

I just wanted it out and then take few days off from it. 

I should have a few more versions sometimes this week. if you want more versions with different numbers and unit markings let me know.

Your version looks great, Flowbee. :salute:   You can release it if you want. The more the merrier.:dance:

Edited by Jaws2002
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Nice and dirty @Flowbee_603 !  I like that.
I know this sounds weird, but can you do one without the numbers - I.e., generic?

Glad you like it but the camo pattern was created by Jaws2002 over a long period of time. I won't be doing any more versions as that might be disrespectful. Please ask Jaws for variations. I understand he is still working on his skin at this time.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Flowbee_603 said:

Glad you like it but the camo pattern was created by Jaws2002 over a long period of time. I won't be doing any more versions as that might be disrespectful. Please ask Jaws for variations. I understand he is still working on his skin at this time.

Sure, i would like to see more skins ( i love "dirty" skins) but these words are fair enough and very respectful, a true gentleman.:good::good:

Anyway, thank you for sharing the last one, outstanding job!!

Edited by Yankee_One
  • Thanks 1

That’s kool..... great work by both Jaws and Flowbee.....  I was playing with the idea of a set Aachen/Siegfried Line missions in Sept/Oct 44 (Autumn Rhineland map) which would be perfect for this skin.  Would go well with the NPC late war camo DetCord did awhile back.

• Thanks 1