Rift S in Halberstadt - cockpit position

Flew the Halberstadt for the first time in VR yesterday and the gunner's wooden ring was sticking out of my neck - I couldn't seem to get a cockpit position where I was seated in the actual pilot's seat. Is it a wrong IPD effect? Suggestions welcomed.

• Like 1

You can adjust your seat position in the cockpit to change your point of view. You'll also want to offset the gun sight for VR. By default the cross hairs will be between your eyes. For VR you should shift left or right depending on your dominate eye. I aim with my right eye so I shift the cross hairs to the left of the gun sight. To adjust your seat position use the Delete, End, Page Up, Page Down, Home and Insert keys. Delete=Left, End=Right, Page Up=Up, Page Down=Down, Home+Back, Insert=Forward. I find it easier to make the adjustments in 2D and save changes. You should have a key mapped for Default VR View in Pilot Head Control settings. Start a Quick Mission and make adjustments then press F10 to save. When you press your key for Default VR view it will return you to this position.

• Thanks 1

I tend to change view on the fly, I have reset/center view mapped to the pinkie button on my Warthog throttle, I then (if I'm too far back in the cockpit) move my head further back hit the pinkie button and I'm in a more forward position, same left to right or a combination of both.

On 3/31/2020 at 11:15 PM, smithcorp said:

Yep I use that to centre the view, but it still has me way too far back.

You will always want to center VR seating position before using save pilot head position or they will start to vary depending on the zero point. Think of the save pilot head position as an offset applied to the center pos.