BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 63

Is there an issue with the latest hotfix? After completing the download I can't launch the game anymore, instead it crashes instantly after the screen flashes black.

It worked perfectly fine today before the hotfix appeared so I'm not sure if I'm the only one having this issue?

Edited by [Jg26]5tuk4

The Bf-109G-2 is broken or at least I think so. I can only fly at 100+%. If I set my throttle to 75% the Ata goes from 1.30 to .40. There is no middle setting and I can fly all day long at full power without over heating. But it sure is way faster and climbs harder.

Just tried G2 vs F4 in straight line 500m altitude.

F4 - 565km/h 100% power (556 with 1.35ata)

G2 - 545km/h 100% power

I feel no difference with the new update. In fact, what did they change? :P

There were troubles with Low graphics preset - the game used to crash.

There were troubles with Low graphics preset - the game used to crash.

Cool, thanks.

I just bought the game today. I have to say I love it so far. Keep it up :happy:

Edited by Muggi

You are welcome.

Please, also note that we'll release a small minor update tonight. The reason is that the game tends to crash when running on Low graphic quality preset, so we decided to fix it ASAP, also considering that here in Russia a big spring holiday is coming up and there will bee no updates from May 1st till May 4th.

Have a swell time off, dear Devs, enjoy :salute:

• Upvote 1

The Bf-109G-2 is broken or at least I think so. I can only fly at 100+%. If I set my throttle to 75% the Ata goes from 1.30 to .40. There is no middle setting and I can fly all day long at full power without over heating. But it sure is way faster and climbs harder.

It's fine and still a wip.  You have to use the throttle just like we did when the F4 first came out and most of the power was up at the last 20% of lever travel.  They fixed it in the F4 and they will fix it in the G2 also.  Same with the overheat.  F4 now will overheat but at first didn't and I can assure you it will be addressed in the G2 as well.

Just tried G2 vs F4 in straight line 500m altitude.

F4 - 565km/h 100% power (556 with 1.35ata)

G2 - 545km/h 100% power

I only ever got 470+ km/h in the F-4? The G-2 I am hitting 600 + km/h and getting to 5km way faster. And my plane only gets to 1.30 even. Is there a button for WEP now with the G-2? The F-4 was automatic.

It's fine and still a wip.  You have to use the throttle just like we did when the F4 first came out and most of the power was up at the last 20% of lever travel.  They fixed it in the F4 and they will fix it in the G2 also.  Same with the overheat.  F4 now will overheat but at first didn't and I can assure you it will be addressed in the G2 as well.

Thank you kind sir. I missed a few of weeks due to work. So, I never got to experience that. Oh well I still like the G-2.

Edited by 9./JG54_SPEKTRE76

We need the 109 canopy emergency release back. Say your windscreen is coverd in oil and you're landing, what do you do? You blow your canopy to see out the side. :huh:

I know it's not exactly the same thing but you could just open the canopy mid flight and have the wind resistance do the rest for you

I know it's not exactly the same thing but you could just open the canopy mid flight and have the wind resistance do the rest for you

Yes...but why can they just bring it back? Why not do it right? It's IL-2 not IL-War Thunder :mda:

Edited by II./JG27_Rich
  • Upvote 1

Clouds look great, and prop damage now. Every one must have surely given that one a try  :happy:
The Gustav feels heavier than the Friedrich to fly. Especially noticed the difference with the engines, (when comparing both planes). Is there a Daimler-Benz 605 installed in the Gustav?
From afar, it will he hard to tell the difference with the white planes .(F4 and G2) I think.

Nice update, :thank_you:

I only ever got 470+ km/h in the F-4? The G-2 I am hitting 600 + km/h and getting to 5km way faster. And my plane only gets to 1.30 even. Is there a button for WEP now with the G-2? The F-4 was automatic.

Thank you kind sir. I missed a few of weeks due to work. So, I never got to experience that. Oh well I still like the G-2.

http://imgur.com/YJ7dp59

http://imgur.com/U6OIspQ

http://imgur.com/nkukIG1

i choose quick mission 300m and let plane fly on autopilot. Also selected an option to make engines unbreakable to be able go 100% power with f4 to reach sustained max speed.

as you see results are:

F4 with 100% 565km/h (it reached 570 at  first but dropped to 565, i think because radiators opened)

F4 with 1.3ata 545km/h (in screenshot 547 but after some time dropped to 545)

G2 with 100% power (which is ~1.3ata)  545km/h.

Obviously F4 is faster in sustained level flight at this altitude (at least) with full power(but the engine will break). But you can drop power to 1.3ata and fly hapilly as with G2 and won't be slower.

Also i prefer F4 front windown visibility without amor plate so I dont see a reason to fly G2 yet.

Did the same testing at 5km altitude with 100% power:

F4 - 500kmh

G2 - 480kmh

Btw i am looking at the HUD for speed.

Also i tried climbing  rate from 1km to 2km, tried to keep climb speed at ~270kmh. F4 usually did in ~42secs for me while G2 ~45s but this test would need more runs because of at first it was hard to keep non fluctuating climb speed.

Edited by LY_LCT_unknwn

109 G2 is constantly climbing, aching whrits when playing for any extended period of time holding back the climb.

109 G2 is constantly climbing, aching whrits when playing for any extended period of time holding back the climb.

Adjust your stabiliser. :)

• Upvote 1

Look at the needles in the instruments that do not work and you shall see that in place of being in the centre of the instrument the needles are pointing to the side now! Example the turn needle in the Lagg- 3 instrument panel.

Definitely run much better now, I am able fly on Ultra setting and everything is so smooth, great update. Thx

Do we have elevator trim yet??

Im not expert at all, so maybe mine are just noob sensations. But the 109G2 feels alot better to me. Great maneuverability, stable, and climbs like a beast.

Also, I love the present overall look, I mean clouds, smoke over stalingrad, sky, atmosphere and general eye candy. I still notice a slight delay with the explosion/ball of fire when a downed palne hits the ground, though.

Thank you developers!

Edited by J4Scriszeri

Question:

Is there still first person view (F1) when bailing from a plane?

It was in last weeks update, maybe I'm just doing something wrong?

Question:

Boomerang, Other folks, myself included, don't see this feature in game any more either, so I don't think it's you

Assembled this from last week and this weeks update. Has the Bf-109 G-2 (white plane) also.

There is an Epilespy warning, as one scene there is some flashing .. on screen ..

• Upvote 1

Wow!

Have not had much time the last few weeks to mess with BOS much.

I just had an opportunity finally to load up a QM in the QMB - Yak versus 109's - set it to a group of 4 each with average clouds. Graphic preset on high, I set the frame rates to unlimited.

Performance was absolutely incredible and it looked beautiful.

I am talking framerates in the 80's whilst dog fighting, going up to around 100 fps at times.

So far < knocking on wood> no more CTD's like I was getting earlier either.

Very impressive guys!

Hope to get to spend some time with it tomorrow as well... we decided to wait till Sunday to go to the lake this weekend :)

Edited by dburnette

Is there a new patch today ? 80 MB? I have the BF109 G2 since last Monday but today downloaded a patch again?!

Assembled this from last week and this weeks update. Has the Bf-109 G-2 (white plane) also.

There is an Epilespy warning, as one scene there is some flashing .. on screen ..

+1

Really owesome Boomerang; impressive,  loooved it :cool:

You definitely keep getting better and better, cutting, lay-out, etc. :salute:

Must take hours and hours + lots of patience to get it just right.

Really enjoy how this game is moving along. Best investment I've made in a game.

Have I missed an announcement somewhere?  Given that its now Sunday (NZ time) I assume we aren't getting a dev update this weekend?  Is No 63 the most recent?

Have I missed an announcement somewhere?  Given that its now Sunday (NZ time) I assume we aren't getting a dev update this weekend?  Is No 63 the most recent?

Yes you missed it, it was kind of buried in the previous DD thread.

May 1-4 is Holiday weekend for them in Russia - May Day.

No update this weekend.

Yes you missed it, it was kind of buried in the previous DD thread.

May 1-4 is Holiday weekend for them in Russia - May Day.

No update this weekend.

Ahhh ... that makes sense.  Thanks.

Great job Boomerang on the video.  Thanks for sharing.

Question:

We've no plan to make first person view when bailing from a plane. It was a imperfection and we've disabled it. We can't make this feature well now.