BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 63

I'm getting a "Failed to update game" in the launcher.

How do I fix this?

Thanks...

The problem was solved by using the new launcher.

Thanks guys!

I don't have YAK 1 at multiplayer and nor do I have the Gustaf and I reinstalled because no updates was done, I deleted the content in update folder as well to get it to update no luck nothing new as I can see

LuseKofte:  they announced in this thread that they are unable to update this week because of some specific problem that was causing the new build to crash.  For a while, we will have to be satisfied with what we have.

I don't have YAK 1 at multiplayer and nor do I have the Gustaf and I reinstalled because no updates was done, I deleted the content in update folder as well to get it to update no luck nothing new as I can see

Read the message at the top of the screen; it's all explained there.

It is not so easy making best flightsim ever. 

These hard days of Stalingrad few russian hungry and exhausted men with PPSh pistols in there hands where protecting this thin line of hope. 

It is hard to believe, but some times these men where 14 years old and some times they where able to trust sharp trenches shovels and there hearts only. 

Only 1 of 10 survived.

Not to much known about air war of the Stalingrad, Luftwaffe was so much advanced. 

How brave have to be a pilot to fight with this? 

How many survived?

Not many. 

This flightsim is not a simple game, not a few lines of a code on a hard disc memory, it is a monument for a  bravery.

Edited by Kudlius
  • Upvote 1

But yes back to Development Diary Topic as I dont want to dearail any news about the simulator

Someday somewhere I promised someone to post screens of Fw 190 this week. Well, here they come.

il2bos_fw190_1.jpg   il2bos_fw190_2.jpg

il2bos_fw190_3.jpg   il2bos_fw190_4.jpg

il2bos_fw190_6.jpg   il2bos_fw190_7.jpg

• Upvote 12

AWESOME. Thanks for the screens. Now i am even MORE excited!

Any news on the G2-Patch by chance?

Great update, really looking fwd to fly this beast :D

Any news on the G2-Patch by chance?

Update will not be available today, we need more time to finish the work.
  • Upvote 1

YU GEAV NOW

Ahem... I'd be curious to know when the fine example of aeronautical machinery you posted above might be available for a test flight, my good sir?

• Upvote 1

YU GEAV NOW

Ahem... I'd be curious to know when the fine example of aeronautical machinery you posted above might be available for a test flight, my good sir?

Please, don't write your message in large or capitalized letters.

La-5 and Fw 190 is the next in the waiting list after Bf 109 G-2.

OK, thanks for the headsup!

One thing I must say is the sound of the 190 A has never been mastered by any flight sim I've ever flown. It's almost a chugga chugga chugga sound.

Edited by II./JG27_Rich
  • Upvote 1

Someday somewhere I promised someone to post screens of Fw 190 this week. Well, here they come.

attachicon.gifil2bos_fw190_1.jpg   attachicon.gifil2bos_fw190_2.jpg

attachicon.gifil2bos_fw190_3.jpg   attachicon.gifil2bos_fw190_4.jpg

attachicon.gifil2bos_fw190_6.jpg   attachicon.gifil2bos_fw190_7.jpg

OHHHHHH ZAK OMG THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME THANK THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! Please release her soon!

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Could we by chance get some cockpit shots of the beauty? The 190 is my alltime favortite! Cant wait to get to fly her.

Edited by VSG1_Winger

Very exciting, I hope for a variety of armaments to "unlock" ; )

Summary of features tab_corner_right.gif  

Fw 190A-3  was externally identical to the A-2, which makes the two variants extremely difficult to tell apart. The only positive visual clues could only be seen up-close: the C3 fuel triangles and the Werknummer.

• Fixed cooling slots behind the engine
  • Cowling cheek blisters with lop-sided asymmetrical shape
  • Final shape of the propeller spinner.
  • Armoured oil ring
  • Armoured headrest braced with a single, rectangular cross-section strut
  • Fuselage armament of MG 17
  • Wing armament of MG 151 in inboard positions, with protruding barrels and wing root blisters, plus MG FF in outboard positions, with underwing bulges. Note that the outboard armament was often removed and bulges replaced with flat panels.
  • C3 fuel triangles at fuel filling points
  • Undercarriage indicator pins protruding from upper wing surface
  • Girls love Focke-Wulfs

girlsloveFW190late95061783_n_zpsa05fdfb7

Thank you very much for the Fw 190 pics!

One thing I noticed on several of the pictures is a sharp edge on the side of the fuselage, best visible when looking at the Balkenkreuz, which I can't find on original photos.

I just thought I bring it up since it might have been overlooked. Could be of course a work in progress shot or the edge is caused because the model reached it's max. polygon count or something.

I'm not counting rivets or anything! It just caught my eye right away.

878465Fw190BoSedge.jpg

302881Fw19001.jpg

558720Fw19002.jpg

• Upvote 3

Someone has blundered...probably me.Just downloaded & installed #63 after game un-install.Now at game start up I get Russian copy & only one !l-2 mission available. Ocviously something has gone awry.Any ideas about what to do to get a playable sim back? :huh:

Someone has blundered...probably me.Just downloaded & installed #63 after game un-install.Now at game start up I get Russian copy & only one !l-2 mission available. Ocviously something has gone awry.Any ideas about what to do to get a playable sim back? :huh:

No, you don't have a Russian copy, it cannot exist. Just switch language in the upper right corner of the launcher window.

And yes, all mission are gone, so please use Quick Mission mode.

In a word, your game copy is fine :)

Use the drop down box and switch it to English?...

The missions you are "missing" were placeholders, you need to make your own in the QMB. In what way is your sim not "playable"?...

Well, I've uninstalled my previous version, downloaded the latest updater, installed, and now am greeted with a Russian interface.  What is a fellow to do?  I will scan stickies, etc.  Hopefully someone else has run into this.

Try clicking on the Russian name and a pull down screen should appear with the English version on it, hopefully that will work for you!

WildBill

Great FW-190 screenies! The 190 is one of my favorite WW2 warbirds, really looking forward to fly it in the game!

Thanks!-I was gone when the Pe-2 update was issued & wanted to see how that was working but was afraid I had downloaded the faulty Bf-109G update noted elsewhere... ;)

Just out of curiosity (and for the sake of my poor refresh button), are we looking at a potential update release today or is the issue still being worked on?

I hate to ask this because it might sound like I am making demands or rushing you folks or something but I am just curious I suppose.