BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 63

La 5 Custom Gun Load ?

Is ammunition subtype for the gun?

It's the loadout variants: AP or HE rounds only.

Will we need to uninstall / re-install like last week?

No.

One small thing- would it be a huge effort to make the MP missions longer, from currently 20mins to 45mins- 60mins?

That would certainly help us ground-pounders to be able to have a COMPLETE flight.

One small thing- would it be a huge effort to make the MP missions longer, from currently 20mins to 45mins- 60mins?

That would certainly help us ground-pounders to be able to have a COMPLETE flight.

We'll decide on the time in the future. We're currently testing the work of the servers and we need just such a period of time.

We'll decide on the time in the future. We're currently testing the work of the servers and we need just such a period of time.

Ok, that makes sense.

Thank you for the answer, then i will join the furball and give you data :)

Mustang, on 25 Apr 2014 - 10:15, said:snapback.png

La 5 Custom Gun Load ?

Is ammunition subtype for the gun?

It's the loadout variants: AP or HE rounds only.

Thank you very much for reply.

Edited by Mustang

Dear friends,

Unfortunatelly we are not going to release this early access update in time. Some new modules in the physics cause the game to crash in several particular situations (the process just stops because some sort of singularity appears in the game). We keep on working to resolve that issue and the new version will become available as soon as we fix it.

• Upvote 3

Dear friends,

Unfortunatelly we are not going to release this early access update in time. Some new modules in the physics cause the game to crash in several particular situations (the process just stops because some sort of singularity appears in the game). We keep on working to resolve that issue and the new version will become available as soon as we fix it.

Thanks for the comms.

Looking forward!

~S

Appreciate the communication?

Is the current version still accessible?

Is the current version still accessible?

Yes, it hasn't been changed and remains available.

Dear friends,

You are doing such an amazing work! Take your time and good luck with the new modules! :o: :o: :o:

Take your time what can i say.

Singularity , like a black hole ? It's a little funny :biggrin: .

Well, not actually black holes, it's a mathematical one, but still that's a pain :)

• Upvote 2

Is this looking like a release today or next week?

Not trying to rush, just curious I suppose.

Is it chance that we could try G-2 today?

I hope we will see some changes in 109 flight model ( F-4 included) expecially with rudder overreaction and negative pitch flick roll?

Edited by Kwiatek
  • Upvote 2

Is this looking like a release today or next week?

Not trying to rush, just curious I suppose.

Next  week most likely, the chances to fix it within the weekend are not too high.

Great update guys, loving the work and loving the weekly updates. Many companies promise "updates galore" and even more fail to inform you why they dont come out. You are the opposite, every week without fail you tell us what you have been doing. Whether its explaining why there is no new "content" that particular week or informing us of the new goodies we will recieve.

On behalf of the 19te I thank you for your continued support, this will genuinley be the best flight simulator in history, probably more detailed then the ones the RAF uses!!!!

Is it chance that we could try G-2 today?

looks like, no, as said LOFT on russian forum... but, btw, a bit about gustav in game (ban on 1.42 ata, and interesting weight 2994 kg)...

Edited by bivalov

So it will back to 1 or 2 laggs against 5 109's...... oh well whats another week?

Thanks for the update on the update! Looking forward to its release, whenever that is.

Event Horizon Stalingrad - Where we're going, we won't need eyes...

This team should be getting much more press on PC gaming sites as setting the example for how early access should be done. Not only frequent communications, but weekly additions to content/features.

Edited by MasaIV
  • Upvote 1

At least it would be good to have chance to try Yak-1 in multiplayer.  Other hand it would be little boring for me :(

Next  week most likely, the chances to fix it within the weekend are not too high.

Never mind, take your time.

looks like, no, as said LOFT on russian forum... but, btw, a bit about gustav in game (ban on 1.42 ata, and interesting weight 2994 kg)...

2994 kg seemed little too low.  I expected from my memory about 3030-3050 kg for G-2.

Nice update. G-2, new clouds, damage model to props :) .

I think though, if I blew the best part of £1000 on a couple of high end Graphic cards to use sli, my wife would certainly vent her displeasure to put it mildly. It will be an achievement to slip one card under her radar :lol: .

Lolol! Good luck, Rivet!!! :ph34r:

It's better to substitute a working release to a working release. I understand that.

2994 kg seemed little too low.  I expected from my memory about 3030-3050 kg for G-2.

Maybe..

Propeller R.H. VDM 9-12087A, Diameter: 3 m, Weight: 170 kg

Oil weight 35 kg , Fuel weight 296 kg, Armament weight (With gun-pods), 150 kg, Ammo weight (with gun-pods) 133.5 kg

Empty weight 2253 kg ,Take-off weight 3025 kg ?

Edited by Mustang

agree, i too expected something around 3030 kg (one of soviet g-2s has 3023 kg, btw), but we dont have many original docs, and it's could be answer... in performance may be surprises too, i think...

"The official performance specifications for the G-1 (which applies to the very similiar G-2, G-3 and G-4) at Steig- und Kampfleistung was noted as 537 kph at SL, and 660 kph at 7000m. Take off weight given was 3037 kg (May 1942), while the Leistungzusammenstellung Me 109G report (January 1944) gives it as 3050kg."

G-6 for comparison

" For the G-6 (and the pressurized G-5) subtype, the official figures at Steig- und Kampfleistung were noted as 510 kph at SL,
625 or 630 kph at 6600m. Take off  weight was 3100kg."

Edited by Kwiatek

Lolol! Good luck, Rivet!!! :ph34r:

Thanks. I have a plan. It worked the last time I tried it. I'll only be going for one card though. :biggrin:

I try to keep up with the posts, but I may be missing one on trim. Based on the recent flying I've been doing the trim keys are not active...is this correct or is it that the planes just don't have trim available? Sorry if this is something already covered.

Take off weight given was 3037 kg (May 1942)...

yep, i check it now too, looks like 3037 kg - it's more adequate weight (between soviet 3023-3027 and german 3050), than 2994 kg... BUT, i mean original "ladeplan" for g-2 (have in internet or not, i forgot), handbuchs and production documents, with other weights, which could be correctly too... just i not see any other answers, at this moment...

and, for example, need to check all differences between f-4 and g-2, etc...

maybe, Kurfurst can answer... :scratch_one-s_head:

Edited by bivalov

Probably but i more interested if flight model of 109 would be improved with G-2 relase or not.  If not i think it would be not so promising...

I try to keep up with the posts, but I may be missing one on trim. Based on the recent flying I've been doing the trim keys are not active...is this correct or is it that the planes just don't have trim available? Sorry if this is something already covered.

No trim until the game is complete, the 109 does have elevator trim that works.

Shit happens and evn the best laid plans change; better to have it 100% before an update otherwise some people will only whine (more)...^^

Question:

I'm curious to know if the La-5 has the: ASh-82F with direct fuel injection?

Erm, wouldn't that make it an La-5F? That came a few months later.

Question:

I'm curious to know if the La-5 has the: ASh-82F with direct fuel injection?

direct fuel injection it's m-82fn, meanwhile m-82a/f still have carburator ak-82bp (btw very problematic thing, sometimes)... and btw, guys, MAYBE new "flat wind screen" means modernized aircraft (ie la-5 s9 and further), with better performance... ;)  just maybe, of course... :rolleyes:

Messerschmitt Bf. 109 G-2. Flight and Maintenance Manual

1. Start-up

1. Close canopy.
  2. Set stabiliser  to “Tail-heavy”.
  3. Switch on master power switch (Pull the knob on the starboard side behind the pilot`s seat)
  4. Switch on automatic pitch control (on the starboard side in the cockpit near the feet pedal) and the master switch for the pitch adjustment system (on the primary electrical panel).  Set the change-over switch underneath the throttle lever to “Manual” (Handverstellung).

Set the change-over switch to “Automatic” (Automatik ein). The airscrew pitch indicator should move to 12:30 o`clock. If the blades move further, the battery voltage is too low. If you cannot replace the battery, the change-over switch must be left on “Normal” at less than 1,900 RPM.

1. Set fuel cock to P1 + P2.
  2. Increase throttle to 1/3.
  3. At low temperatures the airscrew has to be wound a few times by hand.

Note: Ignition off and with utmost caution. If the engine is warm, turning the airscrew is forbidden. While winding the airscrew, pump the priming handle 4 – 6 times.

1. Wind the inertia starter; the crank handle is in the tool compartment, the shaft is on the starboard side on top of the engine cowling.

Note: At temperatures below -10oC, the starter must be accelerated so that the crank rotates one revolution per second; then pull the starter control with the ignition switched off. Having repeated this tree times, wind up the starter to full speed and pull the starter control with the ignition switched on (switch set to “M1 + M2”).

After the engine has started, replace the crank handle in the tool compartment.

1. When winding up the starter, the fuel pipes should be filled using the electrical pump located in the tank (fuel pressure should be 0.3 kg/cm). The switch is on the primary electrical panel.

To save the battery do not let pump run for longer than 30 seconds at a time.

1. On report “Clear!”, insert the ignition key and turn the switch to “M1 + M2”.
  2. Pump the priming handle several times. The handle should lie up against the nut.
  3. Pull the starter control.

After the engine has started up, adjust the throttle so that the engine is running at 400-500 RPM.

1. Watch the oil pressure gauge. While the engine is cold after the start-up during the first 20-25 seconds, the reading should be 6-8 rg/cm2, otherwise the engine must be checked for leaks.

If the engine does not start up, you must not retry before the starter has come to rest completely.

If you have to make several start-up attempts at low temperatures, you also have to pull the spark retarding control handle for cleaning the plugs at the same time as the starter control  to prevent the engine from backfiring (ignition excessively late).

1. Warm-up

The engine should be allowed to rum idle only until the oil pressure has fallen to 4-6 kg/cm2.

The coolant and oil radiator flaps are adjusted automatically if the switch in the cockpit on the starboard side below is set to “Automatic” (Automatik}.

While the feed oil temperature is still below 30-40 degrees, you have to increase the engine RPM gradually and ensure that the oil pressure does not exceed 6-8 kg/cm2. During the wapm-up there must be no oil pressure. Otherwise you must shut down the engine immediately and check the lubrication system.

You must constantly watch the engine control instruments.

During the engine warm-up you should carry out the following checks:

Fuel system: At 2,000 RPM the fuel cock switch is set alternately to “P1 and P2” for 30 seconds. During this time there must be no drastic variation in the fuel pressure, the engine RPM must not fall off, and the engine must not run irregularly.

Ignition system: (magneto drop) The ignition switch has to be set to M1 and M2. The drop in RPM should not exceed 50. If the drop is greater, the spark plugs must be cleaned by pulling the retarding control handle while the engine is running at 1,700 – 1,800 RPM.

1. Run-up

Excessive  running up must be avoided.

Close canopy tightly.

Maximum RPM can be used if the following preconditions are met:

• Feed oil temperature is at least 40oC
  • Oil pressure is roughly 3.5 – 8 kg/cm2
  • Fuel pressure is 1.5 -1.8 kg/cm2
  • Coolant outlet temperature is 60 – 80oC

Control column fully back and firmly in your hand.

Advance throttle slowly to “Climb and combat power”, oil pressure must not exceed 6-8 kg/cm2.

Engine should obtain 2,500 – 2,600 RPM, boost pressure 1.30 ata.

Slowly decrease throttle to idle.

If the coolant outlet temperature exceeds 110oC, you must not shut down the engine but let the engine run at 800 RPM until the temperature has dropper to normal.

Avoid long perids of idling!

1. Climbing

Once you rotate the aircraft, keep the pitch low until you reach 270 kmh, which is the most favorable climb speed.

The most favorable climb speeds at different altitudes:

Alt 0 1000 2000 3000 4000 5000 6000 7000

Kmp 170 – not given in the original flight manual

1. Cruising.

Operating limitations

The following speeds must not be exceeded at any altitude:

• 250 kph while operating undercarriage and flaps or with flaps fully down.
  • 350 kph while undercarriage down
  • 750 kph in dive.
  1. Landing
  1. Slow down to 220 kph.
  2. Set pitch control to “Automatic” if you have flown with manual setting so far.

If you must use the manual setting, set airscrew pitch to the 11.30 position.

1. Extend undercarriage.

Press the green “Landing” (Landung) button. If the button does not bounce back up, you must pull it up.

If the undercarriage does not get locked down properly, press the button again.

Follow the position of the undercarriage from the mechanical position indicator.

1. Flaps fully down. Note that you must not exceed the speed of 250 kph.

To counteract the changes in the flight balance adjust the stabiliser.

1. Approach speed is 180 kph
  2. Use the wheel brakes as little as possible after touchdown.
  • Upvote 9