BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 63

Hi Everybody!

Traditionally the dev blog that announces adding new planes is the most welcomed and appreciated. Well, it’s that kind of dev blog today because tonight we give you Bf-109 G-2 and put the Yak-1 into multiplayer. Our tests of the Gustav showed us that it’s a strong fighter and the long-awaited release of the Yak in MP was necessary to help equal the chances of Soviet pilots. Both planes will become available today on all MP servers.

Beside the new planes, we present you a new variation of the clouds that actually have been shown earlier this week. The work is not yet complete however and your feedback mostly proves that we’ve been moving in the right direction and all that’s left to do is to improve the current result.

Also speaking of technologies: today’s update is going to include multi-GPU support for nVIDIA and AMD hardware. So, using two or more video-cards connected with SLI or Crossfire will give you a significant boost to performance. All owners of corresponding configs are recommended to turn them on in the SLI/Crossfire settings check out their effectiveness in BOS.

Other changes are included, mostly fixing bugs that you reported about last week. For instance, the steam loco won’t be going on high speed trough the fields anymore and AI pilots will spot them evading from the battle field. The prop damage model has been updated too - props will bend, break and be more realistic in general.

And while you’re waiting for the game update that’s about to occur later today, we offer you a fan video about Bf 109 G-2 which is about to enter your hangars very soon. And here’s one more thing - it’s the unlockable modifications tree for La-5, the premium soviet fighter in IL2:BOS.

la-5_en.png

Full news

You can ask new questions in this thread

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

Thanks!

"Custom gun load"? Intriguing... I thought BoS wouldn't allow custom belt as in CoD. Maybe dev made presets? :huh:

Well, as usual the first thing I'll check will be the new clouds :)

Eager to try them out..

thanx guyz, good update!

Question: As far as performance goes, can we expect to see better FPS as the development makes progress, especially in multiplayer, i.e are you adressing client performance?

I run a i7-2700 K with Asus GeForce GTX 770/4GB @ 1920_1080... very decent fps >50 (balanced gfx settings) most of the time, but this goes down in multiplayer, and some stutters from time time

Edited by F19_Klunk

Prop damage today, ---- no doubt I'll be seeing a lot of that on the fighters. My fighter landings have taken a turn for the worse lately.

Great update, new plane too.

Brilliant news. I was getting tired of being shot down by Friedrichs!

Thanks!

Thanks!

"Custom gun load"? Intriguing... I thought BoS wouldn't allow custom belt as in CoD. Maybe dev made presets? :huh:

I would think that you will be able to decide weapon configuration (cannons, machine guns?) rather than ammo?

I would think that you will be able to decide weapon configuration (cannons, machine guns?) rather than ammo?

Found in C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\Swf.gtp(\common\modifications\la5s8_ammoscheme\info.locale=eng.txt)

&id=la5s8_AmmoScheme

&name=Special Guns Ammo Load

&description=Loadout variants: armour piercing (AP) or high-explosive (HE) rounds only

I hope they fixed that annoying blur on planes when flyby in the clouds...

Cool!

Thank Devs!

Was that an artificial horizon in the G2:s cockpit? If so, good help in the nice clouds.

Found in C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\Swf.gtp(\common\modifications\la5s8_ammoscheme\info.locale=eng.txt)

&id=la5s8_AmmoScheme

&name=Special Guns Ammo Load

&description=Loadout variants: armour piercing (AP) or high-explosive (HE) rounds only

well now.. that is interesting :)

A decent compromise I would say compared to CloDs very detailed ammo management :)

Thanx mate for pointing it out!!

Edited by F19_Klunk

Great update guys!

Curious... I went in backing the regular edition and at some point I'll probably want to have the FW190A-3 and La-5. I know the devs said we'll be able to gain access to those later on but I was curious as to the how that will happen and at what price point?

Nice update. G-2, new clouds, damage model to props :) .

I think though, if I blew the best part of £1000 on a couple of high end Graphic cards to use sli, my wife would certainly vent her displeasure to put it mildly. It will be an achievement to slip one card under her radar :lol: .

Edited by Rivet
  • Upvote 1

Why the flat windscreen in the La-5 unlocks ? What special powers does it convey ?

I'm imagining it'd be instead of a pointed windscreen ala this one:

post-7885-0-41580100-1360960847.jpg]

It'll be more like this one, the flat front canopy of the La that we know and love:

Zvezda_La-5FN_48_cover.jpg

That said, that's just my interpretation, I didn't realise the La might have had a pointed canopy, haven't seen any pics of that, not denying it but I've just not seen anything.

Thrilled at the pace this is going! Every friday is like birthday AND x-mas :)

Looking forward to the new clouds!

Could one of the devs please give us an idea of what approx % increase in BoS performance would be given by SLI? TIA. :)

post-7693-0-45351000-1397825680.png

post-7693-0-20611800-1398423373.png

I do not understand one unlock difference between the G2 and LA 5

La 5 Custom Gun Load ?

Is ammunition subtype for the gun?

Thanks.

Edited by Mustang

The early La-5 front canopy is rounded and not armoured as seen here:

post-5-0-15269800-1397217549.jpg

For the purposes of BoS though I can't see (no pun intended) what difference it would make, whether it's flat or round.

Flat is armored.

@devs: Can you please update the OP, as soon ast the update went live?

Thanks.

Awesome news. Cant wait. BnZ will get even more important now that the YAK-1 comes.

The early La-5 front canopy is rounded and not armoured as seen here:

post-5-0-15269800-1397217549.jpg

For the purposes of BoS though I can't see (no pun intended) what difference it would make, whether it's flat or round.

Flat is armored.

@devs: Can you please update the OP, as soon ast the update went live?

Thanks.

Thanks

S!

Nice news. I really hope there are performance fixes to single card users too, but now it seems I might go for AMD CrossFire with proper support in BoS  :salute: Interesting to get the "Galland armor" to G-2, one can keep pilot protected while having better view to rear.

Yay! New plane, existing plane now in MP, SLI/ Crossfire support, some clouds and bent, broken props. Now if we only had the quick missions back for the lazy and or people with limited time.

Now it will be Yak's VS. 109's......  Now just need to bump up the mission time to 40 minutes and all would be good in my world....

Brilliant news. I was getting tired of being shot down by Friedrichs!

Thanks!

Now you will better being shot down by Gustavs ! Brilliant news :D

Thanks devs for the job ! Hope SLi feature will works further performance and do away with stuttering.

Edited by F/JG300_Touch

Thanks for another GREAT update.

Will we need to uninstall / re-install like last week?