[MOD] Achtung Panzer!

DetCord12B

Cybermat47
1 hour ago, DetCord12B said:

I'd like to apologize for the lack of updates. My dad died as a result of a car crash back home near the end of May and given the pandemic and flight restrictions in place it proved difficult trying to fly out. Commercial travel was a no-go but I was lucky enough to be able to hop an AMC flight back home to NZ, even though it took me all around the Pacific in the process lasting near a week but I eventually made it. I did get to see Kwajalein however, so at least there was that aspect in an otherwise bleak trip.

There's no need for you to apologise. You taking time for yourself and your family in this time is more important than making updates. Take all the time you need.

Spoiler

When you're okay, the issue is with the SU-152 skins. Here is what the skin selection looks like without AP installed:

133040116_Il-22020-06-2716-27-28-898.thumb.jpg.73c9ae2211ff29e73d186e328ac12633.jpg

Here it is with AP installed:

1192985483_Il-22020-06-2716-29-51-595.thumb.jpg.6f2820a98bfaa9a38002e46f36a4b0cd.jpg

148038922_Il-22020-06-2716-29-55-253.thumb.jpg.e1d474a410b72edbcce193b555a079b6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
DetCord12B

Thanks for the well wishes and thoughts.

On 6/27/2020 at 1:35 AM, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

There's no need for you to apologise. You taking time for yourself and your family in this time is more important than making updates. Take all the time you need.

Reveal hidden contents

When you're okay, the issue is with the SU-152 skins. Here is what the skin selection looks like without AP installed:

133040116_Il-22020-06-2716-27-28-898.thumb.jpg.73c9ae2211ff29e73d186e328ac12633.jpg

Here it is with AP installed:

1192985483_Il-22020-06-2716-29-51-595.thumb.jpg.6f2820a98bfaa9a38002e46f36a4b0cd.jpg

148038922_Il-22020-06-2716-29-55-253.thumb.jpg.e1d474a410b72edbcce193b555a079b6.jpg

The reason you're seeing this is because the SU-152 was added post release of this mod and is therefore conflicting up the existing cfg files. So, config entries were made by the developers as they've added vehicles and has thus jacked up the existing file structure of the mod because of it, as was expected. As much as I'd like to update it for this sole purpose I see no point, not at least until the final vehicle (Ferdinand) is added and not until the last substantial update is delivered.

My intention was to provide patches and updates as I go but this just isn't feasible which means it'll necessitate a re-download. Why?

• The muddy, dirty, gross, nasty tracks have been updated.
  • The Tiger and Panther AFV's will include an optional (WIP) Zimmerit normal map.
  • The Panzer Wraps have all been overhauled and I've added an additional two to the mix.
  • All of the Heer, Waffen SS, and incoming RKKA vehicle textures have been updated, tweaked, improved and or added.

An optional download with camo schemes (octopus pattern) and uniforms will be included to depict Kampfgruppe König, an element made up of young boys and men rallied, motivated, and forced into service by the Wehrmacht near the end of the war using the schools old Tiger H1's and Panther G's.

Screens:

Spoiler

CzSOjxc.png

nHvC8PW.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1
Cybermat47
56 minutes ago, DetCord12B said:

My intention was to provide patches and updates as I go but this just isn't feasible which means it'll necessitate a re-download. Why?

• The muddy, dirty, gross, nasty tracks have been updated.
  • The Tiger and Panther AFV's will include an optional (WIP) Zimmerit normal map.
  • The Panzer Wraps have all been overhauled and I've added an additional two to the mix.
  • All of the Heer, Waffen SS, and incoming RKKA vehicle textures have been updated, tweaked, improved and or added.

An optional download with camo schemes (octopus pattern) and uniforms will be included to depict Kampfgruppe König, an element made up of young boys and men rallied, motivated, and forced into service by the Wehrmacht near the end of the war using the schools old Tiger H1's and Panther G's.

Screens:

Hide contents

CzSOjxc.png

nHvC8PW.png

Looks amazing, can't wait! Didn't realise that the Heer had splinter-camo panzer wraps later on in the war.

I'd be interested in learning more about the Kampfgruppe König you're depicting. According to St Lô 1944: The Battle of the Hedgerows by S J Zaloga (2017), Kampfgruppe König was formed in June-July 1944 from the remains of the 243rd and 245th Heer infantry divisions and around 800 Osttruppen (Soviet POWs who had defected to escape German POW camps - over 50% of Soviet POWs in German hands died), with only StuG IIIs, Marder IIIs, and French tanks for armour.

I'm guessing that you're depicting a different Kampfgruppe that was commanded by someone called König, but I don't seem to be able to find any more information about this formation.

• Upvote 3
DetCord12B
3 minutes ago, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

Looks amazing, can't wait! Didn't realise that the Heer had splinter-camo panzer wraps later on in the war.

I'd be interested in learning more about the Kampfgruppe König you're depicting. According to St Lô 1944: The Battle of the Hedgerows by S J Zaloga (2017), Kampfgruppe König was formed in June-July 1944 from the remains of the 243rd and 245th Heer infantry divisions and around 800 Osttruppen (Soviet POWs who had defected to escape German POW camps - over 50% of Soviet POWs in German hands died), with only StuG IIIs, Marder IIIs, and French tanks for armour.

I'm guessing that you're depicting a different Kampfgruppe that was commanded by someone called König, but I don't seem to be able to find any more information about this formation.

Kampfgruppe formations were a dime a dozen near the end of the war as almost every unit was a Kampfgruppe as things fell apart. KG König was formed by the remnants of the Neuruppin, Lueneburger Heide, and what was left of the Panzertruppenschule 2 elements consolidated in Boeblingen, most of which were teens and young boys. KG König was a small unit commanded by Hanno König, an Oberschutze and EF combat veteran, twice wounded, twice awarded for valor, and assigned to the school following his disability. He was placed in command of the existing Gunnery School units in late-45 as Nazi Party officials and senior officers fled west. 

König continued to consolidate forces as they evaced Putlos and other schools, formed into a KG, and struck-out against a vastly superior Soviet force.     

• Upvote 1
SMARTAZZ

Looks AMAZING!! :clapping:The Tiger is fantastic indeed.

Edited by SMARTAZZ
  • 2 months later...
DetCord12B

An update is inbound, most belated as it were and hopefully addressing most if not all of the issues currently present. If I missed your question please post it below.

Via the TC Discord over the weekend. I cut it down to the pertinent info.

My tracks have ****up textures. Will you fix this?

Yes. It's part of the next update.

the dirty tracks in your mod look amazing compared to the default but they still look like clay or dog s%$t is caked to them. is this being looked at?

We're looking at different colors and reduced cluttering via the normal maps. The current version now however, I think it's a bit overwhelming, IMHO. We'll likely provide two versions in the next update.

The new historicl uniforms are greate but tere are texture , cliping , shadow problems. Do u know about theese? Sorry for my english.

I was aware of this from the beginning. I had to make compromises here and there due to the construct of the model. However, all of the Panzer Wraps have since been updated.

Where's the Soviet stuff, Det!!??

The RKKA forces are in the next update.

Are we getting custom Soviet uniforms?

No, not really. The current model and normal maps more or less forbid it.

Can we get a Jadgpanther or IS-2 down the road in a mod?

Highly unlikely. The engine/devs/lack-of-official-modding-support has the assets and everything else locked or more or less encrypted. Even if we did, late-war German armor was absolute garbage post 1943 due to the depletion of molybdenum and thus is entirely impossible to simulate in a game. Germany substituted metals (post Kursk) in their AFV production that were pliable and absolutely suffered for it. Armor isn't armor if it isn't armor...

skins for 3 ss panzer ?

No, never. I know it might seem stupid to differentiate between one Waffen SS unit and another given that they all were involved in war-crimes and murdered their way across Europe and Russia. Totenkopf on the other hand was particularly heinous and evil. I won't dignify that division with anything. 

Any news on that Tc sound mod?

Sound mods don't work in this game. You have to replace the entire audio section.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
Cybermat47
On 11/3/2020 at 6:48 PM, DetCord12B said:

No, never. I know it might seem stupid to differentiate between one Waffen SS unit and another given that they all were involved in war-crimes and murdered their way across Europe and Russia. Totenkopf on the other hand was particularly heinous and evil. I won't dignify that division with anything. 

For those who don't know, many of Totenkopf's founding members were from the SS-Totenkopfverbande - the branch of the SS responsible for the concentration camps (though the entire SS and Wehrmacht played a role in the Holocaust as a whole).

The division saw combat in France and committed the Le Paradis Massacre, where 97 British POWs were machine-gunned and bayonetted. They also joined the Heer's Grossdeustchland Regiment in murdering African POWs. The division was known to frequently murder Soviet POWs and pillage Soviet villages (though such behaviour was also known to commonly occur in other SS and Wehrmacht units as a result of the Commissar Order and Severity Order). In 1943, a training battalion of the division took part in the destruction of the Warsaw Ghetto. 

The first commander of the unit was Theodor Eicke. Eicke had taken over command of Dachau concentration camp in 1934 and created the brutal and unforgiving system that made the camps a living hell even before they began being used for extermination. He demanded that his men treat the "subhuman" Jews and communists as brutally as possible. Eicke also took part in the Night of the Long Knives, and personally executed SA leader Ernst Rohm. During the invasion of Poland, he led one of the first einsatzgruppen in murdering Jews and burning synagogues. He was killed when his Fi-156 was shot down by Soviet flak during the Battle of Kharkov on February 23rd, 1943.

Edited by [Pb]Cybermat47
BladeMeister
On 11/3/2020 at 2:48 AM, DetCord12B said:

"Armor isn't armor if it isn't armor..."

Det, I am predicting that this quote of yours will go down in history right alongside this quote from General George S. Patton.

"“Say what you mean and mean what you say.”;)

S!Blade<><

Voidhunger
13 hours ago, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

For those who don't know, many of Totenkopf's founding members were from the SS-Totenkopfverbande - the branch of the SS responsible for the concentration camps (though the entire SS and Wehrmacht played a role in the Holocaust as a whole).

The division saw combat in France and committed the Le Paradis Massacre, where 97 British POWs were machine-gunned and bayonetted. They also joined the Heer's Grossdeustchland Regiment in murdering African POWs. The division was known to frequently murder Soviet POWs and pillage Soviet villages (though such behaviour was also known to commonly occur in other SS and Wehrmacht units as a result of the Commissar Order and Severity Order). In 1943, a training battalion of the division took part in the destruction of the Warsaw Ghetto. 

The first commander of the unit was Theodor Eicke. Eicke had taken over command of Dachau concentration camp in 1934 and created the brutal and unforgiving system that made the camps a living hell even before they began being used for extermination. He demanded that his men treat the "subhuman" Jews and communists as brutally as possible. Eicke also took part in the Night of the Long Knives, and personally executed SA leader Ernst Rohm. During the invasion of Poland, he led one of the first einsatzgruppen in murdering Jews and burning synagogues. He was killed when his Fi-156 was shot down by Soviet flak during the Battle of Kharkov on February 23rd, 1943.

Its a game, you will have to stick with the default wehrmacht skin ( and I think that many wehrmacht soldiers had same opinions about jews) if the SS units are problem .

I find soviet skins offending to me, but its a game

41 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

Its a game, you will have to stick with the default wehrmacht skin ( and I think that many wehrmacht soldiers had same opinions about jews) if the SS units are problem .

"It's a game." Words of wisdom worth remembering. :coffee:

41 minutes ago, Thad said:

"It's a game." Words of wisdom worth remembering. :coffee:

Is it a simulation game or is it a game simulation - that's the question? :unsure: ;)

It's not that complicated. IT IS A GAME!

Nobody can feel the g effects when taking evasive actions. Nobody can feel the agony of burning to death with flaming engine fuel spewing all over the body. Nobody can feel the bullets piercing their bodies. Nobody can instantly check their six the way we can in this GAME. One can start over and over and over and over after ones avatar dies.

It is indeed a game, albeit with simulated real life aspect presented but in the end.... it remains only a game.  :coffee:

• Upvote 2
Voidhunger

True and to have some bad guys skins, tanks or uniforms give someone opportunity to shot them to pieces and have revenge

Cybermat47
On 11/11/2020 at 3:00 AM, Voidhunger said:

Huh? I don’t have a problem, just giving context about why someone would be especially disgusted by Totenkopf. And I’m well aware that the Wehrmacht had plenty of Nazis as well, I literally mentioned Großdeustchland.

Pretty sure the default skins are SS anyway, seeing as there were no Heer units involved at Prokhorovka.

Edited by [Pb]Cybermat47
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

RAF and commonwealth’s armies destroyed my family’s village and houses THREE times between 1940 and 1944 (1940, 1942, 1944). And I still fly RAF planes anyway. My grandfather hates more Britain troops and aviation than Germans for what they have done, even if he made it as a free French 2nd armored division’s soldier to the Berghoff and Austria in 1944-45.

There is no need to make it political 75 years later. Especially when our parents or grand parents were concerned and don’t even give a f..k of the fact that in a movie or re-enactments we can see SS or balkenkreuz somewhere, cause it’s History

Everyone is crying  about non historical contents in the game. Well, if Prokhorovka was a battle between USSR and SS troops, so we need to have these troops and skins available, uh?

At least, if your hate is so high against SS, just play Soviets and you would be happy to crush some SS. So simple.

• Upvote 4
  • 2 months later...
Stevie777

This seems to have overwritten my Official winter skin for the Tiger. Is that right?

• 5 weeks later...
TrippleSix
On 3/26/2020 at 8:04 PM, DetCord12B said:

XevvXJz.png

This mod aims to bring a bit of historical realism and some immersion aspects to Tank Crew by adding alternate field camouflage patterns, unit descriptions, historical uniforms, dirty AFV's, grimy/muddy tracks, and some minor additions to the Tiger and Panther internals. It should be noted that the mod is still a WIP and missing the RKKA (Soviet) uniforms, vehicle textures and their associated assets as well as some normal and alpha maps that haven't been updated. These will be added down the line. I simply thought it best to release it as is following so many delays.

CURRENT FEATURES

Depicting Operation Polkovodets Rumyantsev or the Belgorod-Kharkov Offensive.

New Uniforms:

• Heer - Großdeutschland Panzer Wrap.
  • Waffen SS - Das Reich P43 Panzer Wrap.
  • Waffen SS - Das Reich Panzer Wrap (inc. by default).
  • Vanilla wool gloves replaced by the issued leather variant.

Armored Fighting Vehicles:

• Two new Tiger camo patterns for Das Reich (N.S23, N.S24).
  • Three new Panther camo patterns for Großdeutschland (N.322, N.231) including one winter variant.

Dirty Vehicles and Tracks:

• Tiger and Panther have increased wear, dirt, and grime.
  • All TC vehicle tracks have been updated to make them appear muddy (inc. new normal maps).

Additional or Minor Features:

• Tiger and Panther internal graffiti.
  • New vehicle previews that depict the camo pattern selected.
  • New or updated vehicle historical backgrounds further detailing their deployment and AO.

Screenshots:

Reveal hidden contents

rcjlLCs.png

ACNntdE.png

jTBCBpF.png

Fss1NK4.png

uxk1p7x.png

CONTRIBUTORS

Russian Translation @Lofte

Spanish Translation @E69_julian57

Installation:

Drop into your mod folder and enable via a mod manager of your choice. To install either the P43 or the Großdeutschland Panzer Wraps, open the zip file of the uniform you want and drag the data folder into the Achtung Panzer! mod folder, overwrite when prompted. The W-SS Das Reich Panzer Wrap Backup.zip is what it says, a backup. This uniform is already included in the mod itself and is provided should you fail to backup the original uniform.

Please report any issues encountered be they bugs, texture problems, etc.

1s1KPaN.png

im sorry, but where do i download it this mod? 😄

TrippleSix
On 4/30/2021 at 2:39 PM, Tomi_099 said:

Any News ? 

Currently its beeing redone from the ground up.

moustache
15 hours ago, TrippleSix said:

Actuellement, il est refait à neuf.

where, how, for how long? 'where do you get your information young man?!? TALK, RIGHT AWAY !!! I WANT TO KNOW EVERYTHING !!!

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
WatRed511

Where do I find this Mod?  I cannot seem to find a download..thanks

WatRed511

see others asking..guess should have read up.  Assume then we cant download now so just wait for an update...