DetCord12B

[MOD] Achtung Panzer!

Posted (edited)

XevvXJz.png

This mod aims to bring a bit of historical realism and some immersion aspects to Tank Crew by adding alternate field camouflage patterns, unit descriptions, historical uniforms, dirty AFV's, grimy/muddy tracks, and some minor additions to the Tiger and Panther internals. It should be noted that the mod is still a WIP and missing the RKKA (Soviet) uniforms, vehicle textures and their associated assets as well as some normal and alpha maps that haven't been updated. These will be added down the line. I simply thought it best to release it as is following so many delays.

CURRENT FEATURES

Depicting Operation Polkovodets Rumyantsev or the Belgorod-Kharkov Offensive.

New Uniforms:

• Heer - Großdeutschland Panzer Wrap.
  • Waffen SS - Das Reich P43 Panzer Wrap.
  • Waffen SS - Das Reich Panzer Wrap (inc. by default).
  • Vanilla wool gloves replaced by the issued leather variant.

Armored Fighting Vehicles:

• Two new Tiger camo patterns for Das Reich (N.S23, N.S24).
  • Three new Panther camo patterns for Großdeutschland (N.322, N.231) including one winter variant.

Dirty Vehicles and Tracks:

• Tiger and Panther have increased wear, dirt, and grime.
  • All TC vehicle tracks have been updated to make them appear muddy (inc. new normal maps).

Additional or Minor Features:

• Tiger and Panther internal graffiti.
  • New vehicle previews that depict the camo pattern selected.
  • New or updated vehicle historical backgrounds further detailing their deployment and AO.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

rcjlLCs.png

ACNntdE.png

jTBCBpF.png

Fss1NK4.png

uxk1p7x.png

CONTRIBUTORS

Russian Translation @Lofte

Spanish Translation @E69_julian57

Installation:

Drop into your mod folder and enable via a mod manager of your choice. To install either the P43 or the Großdeutschland Panzer Wraps, open the zip file of the uniform you want and drag the data folder into the Achtung Panzer! mod folder, overwrite when prompted. The W-SS Das Reich Panzer Wrap Backup.zip is what it says, a backup. This uniform is already included in the mod itself and is provided should you fail to backup the original uniform.

Please report any issues encountered be they bugs, texture problems, etc.

DOWNLOAD

Edited by DetCord12B
Uniform Description Update
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 16
  • Upvote 3

Wow! Quite a few Tc players have been waiting for this-Tanks a lot!

z-185-l-german-panzer-crew_600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Any option to get this mod working without the need to turn on "mods"? Or at least the skins?

Posted (edited)

@ Everyone

Like I previously stated, if you come across any errors let me know.

3 hours ago, VSN_Razor said:

Any option to get this mod working without the need to turn on "mods"? Or at least the skins?

You can pull the AFV textures out and use those by dropping them into the correct skins folder. However, you might have to rename them (eg. pzvd_322&1#1 to pzvd_test&1#1 etc). As for everything else, no. Anything that replaces an existing... thing... requires mods to be on as its overwriting/replacing the existing files and or file structure.

EDIT - If you want, and if anyone else wants, I could make the camo schemes available as a separate download should you not want to use the mod?

Edited by DetCord12B

It was worth waiting for this awesome work!

Thank you so much DetCord12B

Take care

Jef

Fantastic! Thank you so much for spending a lot of time for making us a awesome mod!

Its incredible.

S!

Excellent. Thank you very much Detcord. 😃

Clipboard-1.jpg.247c24017ac750083bb0943c09f67f6d.jpg

Hi DetCord, firstly thank you for the wonderful skins. I have an issue, I have applied the mod as per the instructions but can not select the custom skins in game for the Panther. They don't appear in the list.

jeff

19 hours ago, murkz said:

Clipboard-1.jpg.247c24017ac750083bb0943c09f67f6d.jpg

Hi DetCord, firstly thank you for the wonderful skins. I have an issue, I have applied the mod as per the instructions but can not select the custom skins in game for the Panther. They don't appear in the list.

jeff

So you're not seeing this screen after enabling the mod?

EVWDeg6.png

• Like 1

I apologise for my stupidity, I never thought to look under official, thank you again DetCord.

Truly amazing! Thank you DetCord for the hard work you put into this. It really shows. The game is much more enjoyable with your GD panzers on the loose lol!

My intention was to provide piecemeal updates as a go but that just isn't feasible. It makes no sense to force a series of patches on you, the user, unless they're substantial. Therefore, I'm holding off on various alpha and normal map updates, translation and texture fixes etc, until the RKKA textures and uniforms are done. This will ensure a cumulative update/patching service as opposed to drawing it out into half a dozen unnecessary files.

For those of you that have already downloaded the mod please advertise it. Post screenshots, videos, AAR's whatever it is that you do or want to do via these forums, reddit, or elsewhere. Keeps me motivated to continue working on it.

Cheers.