Sign in to follow this  
ITAF_Bradipo

Transition OFFROAD-ONROAD-OFFROAD

As title, I have some problem with transition between ONROAD and OFFROAD.

I have a vehicle that starts its path offroad. Then, it reaches a road and it follows it correctly but, once it reaches a specific point, where I want to force it in OFFROAD mode, it dosent respect my command.

The MCU logic I used it's the same with transition for OFFROAD-ONROAD and ONROAD-OFFROAD so I dont understand where is the problem.

LOGIC:

FIRST TRANSITION:

---> WAYPOINT X target linked with next waypoint and CHANGE FORMATION (ONROAD). CHANGE FORMATION is object linked with my vehicle.

SECOND TRANSITION:

---> WAYPOINT Y target linked with next waypoint and CHANGE FORMATION (OFFROAD). CHANGE FORMATION is object linked with my vehicle.

Try adding a 2 second timer before the formation command.

-----> Waypoint Y  -----> Waypoint Z

|

+----------------> Timer: 2s ---------> Formation: Offroad

If that does not work, please post your mission.

Edited by JimTM

I’ve already tried to add a timer between command formation but the problem is still present. 

Here my mission:

Vehicle has Entity n°3495 and you can find it on sector n° 0506-7.

mission.rar

Edited by ITAF_Bradipo

On 3/26/2020 at 12:32 PM, ITAF_Bradipo said:

I’ve already tried to add a timer between command formation but the problem is still present. 

Here my mission:

Vehicle has Entity n°3495 and you can find it on sector n° 0506-7.

So, it does not obey Command Formation (id: 3561) in 0406-4, right?

You have an onroad formation command id: 3544 at  the right side of 0506-7. Does the vehicle follow the road to the Northwest and then turn at the T junction in 0406-2? If that's the case, it seems that the vehicle would reach waypoint 3546 and then turn around and go back to waypoint 3549, a few meters down the road.

Note: I don't think you need the first offroad Command Formation (id: 3499) in 0506-7. Do the following:

• Trigger the first waypoint, "Waypoint Follow me" and place the waypoint on the road.
  • Target link "Waypoint Follow me" to waypoint id:3544 at the T junction in 0506-7
  • Target link "Waypoint Follow me" to a 1s delay timer, target link the timer to an onroad formation command, and object link the formation command to the vehicle 3495.
  • Remove all the waypoints between "Waypoint Follow me" and waypoint id:3544.
Edited by JimTM
  • Thanks 1

If you have not already, see "Make a Vehicle Follow a Route" on pg. 67 of the editor manual. The example mission in the manual uses a delay timer for the first formation command (onroad) but not for the second formation command (offroad). The mission works as shown, but it may be better to include a delay for the second timer.

Edited by JimTM
  • Thanks 1

Yes, I read that page and I saw that example: indeed I used that logic. 

I've tried to fix my mission as you said but, once vehicle reachs WAYPOINT id:3546 (last waypoint on the road) it stops and dosent move anymore. I used delay before command formation but it dosent want to do what I want. GRRRR.....

3 hours ago, ITAF_Bradipo said:

Yes, I read that page and I saw that example: indeed I used that logic. 

I've tried to fix my mission as you said but, once vehicle reachs WAYPOINT id:3546 (last waypoint on the road) it stops and dosent move anymore. I used delay before command formation but it dosent want to do what I want. GRRRR.....

Since I do not own the map, I cannot run the mission to troubleshoot.

I don't see anything obviously wrong with your setup. The only thing I found unusual was that the vehicles need to reverse direction at waypoint 3546 and go back to the nearby waypoint 3549 before heading north. However, I'm not sure there's any reason why that should not work.

Perhaps try extracting just the MCUs and objects directly involved in the issue and place them in a simple mission on the Lapino map. See if it runs properly. 

Ok, I dont know how but I solved the problem.

I incresed waypoint range (from 5 m to 20 m) and now my vehicle run through every waypoints.

🙂

• Upvote 1