BillyBark

Flugpark Missions?

This is a noob question so be patient please 😟

I've jumped on the Flugpark server the other night.  I'm trying to understand the missions.  I got up in the air but had no idea what to do next!  So my questions:

1 - I visited the Flugpark stats page and it indicates which missions are active but there is no mission description?

2 - I joined the Discord and there was little or no activity.  Is the server mostly a free for all?  I didn't get the sense that there was much organised activity?

3 - There is an option to be a Gunner.  I tried this and was spawned into someones AC.  No idea whose AC.  What's the etiquette here, maybe the guy doesn't want a gunner?

I was hoping to find some Youtube let's play that might help but no luck.  Anything that would enlighten me would be appreciated.  Thanks!

S! 

The server is Very active on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. On these days there are many single players and several squads. Often up to 70 players.

Jasta 5 is preparing to host Bloody April. This is a tournament event which will be on Saturdays. This is a sign up event. See this post for info.

• Thanks 2

Welcome to the Community, Billy.  In addition to the information Butzzell provided, you might find this post also helpful.

Posted (edited)

As for the latter question regarding gunner etiquette. Just do not be an idiot. Do not shoot at nothing, allied aircraft, or your own aircraft. Just keep an eye out and shoot the enemy when they attack your aircraft. If the pilot is opposed to having human gunners then they can lock the gunner seat, its up to them. So do not threat about whether or not its alright to get in someones back seat.

Edited by Oliver88

1 hour ago, BillyBark said:

3 - There is an option to be a Gunner.  I tried this and was spawned into someones AC.  No idea whose AC.  What's the etiquette here, maybe the guy doesn't want a gunner?

The best bet is to ask the guy if you can gun for him on chat. Many times people forget to lock the seat and are not expecting human gunners. And as mentioned, use the gun only when necessary, when you know the enemy aircraft saw you and is in range. Tracers can reveal your position kilometers away, and if you fire some shots just to fire some shots, you might have sealed your fate already (and the fate of your pilot). So be mindful of what you do and ask whenever you have a doubt. People always help on chat or comms.

1 hour ago, BillyBark said:

This is a noob question so be patient please 😟

I've jumped on the Flugpark server the other night.  I'm trying to understand the missions.  I got up in the air but had no idea what to do next!  So my questions:

1 - I visited the Flugpark stats page and it indicates which missions are active but there is no mission description?

You can read the mission description, when you are on the server.

Press "O" when out flying and you'll see the mission description if you are in a plane.

Guys thanks for the helpful comments.

Regarding the map and "O" when in multiplayer is it possible to display the position of your own aircraft?

Nope have to navigate on your own. But given the relative small map area, Arras in the North, Somme in the South and rather obvious No Mans Land along with various other landmarks the navigation tends to be rather simple.

The BOX series, dating all the way back to RoF, is incredibly flexible. There are dozens of options that can be adjusted.  Such things include seeing navigation icons in game from the cockpit, Aiming help, Icon labels on planes and objects, External views and many others.

These options let the beginner experience the sim and gain experience. As the player progresses many of these options can be turned off. Many of these options are set by the server operator. Some servers are set to very high custom settings. They will often have no help options except warmed up engine. There will be no icons on targets, no external views or other help options. While you may think these are for expert only, the people there are very friendly and willing to help anyone to adjust to the environment.

• Like 1