Tempests_over_Remagen_ a single mission by DFLion

‘Tempests over Remagen’

Fly an historical mission with Pierre Clostermann. He had a shot at Me 262 but it got away on one engine. (You may have a chance to do this?) This is a reciprocal mission to my ‘Bomb the Ludendorff Bridge at Remagen’ - from the Allies point of view.

Be careful of other Allied fighters in the area (P47’s and P51’s) and watch out for the Me262’s and FW190D-9’s? Good Luck!

A Mission by DFLion

DF_1945_Tempests_over_Remagen.zip

• Like 3
  • Thanks 11
  • 1 month later...
On 3/25/2020 at 7:29 AM, DFLion said:

‘Tempests over Remagen’

Fly an historical mission with Pierre Clostermann. He had a shot at Me 262 but it got away on one engine. (You may have a chance to do this?) This is a reciprocal mission to my ‘Bomb the Ludendorff Bridge at Remagen’ - from the Allies point of view.

Be careful of other Allied fighters in the area (P47’s and P51’s) and watch out for the Me262’s and FW190D-9’s? Good Luck!

A Mission by DFLion

DF_1945_Tempests_over_Remagen.zip 896.6 kB · 92 downloads

Hello,

For information, Le Grand cirque has a lot of mistakes.

On this date Pierre Closterman would not have shot ME 262, moreover he would never have made a mission on Remagen, the squadrosn of Tempest fly missions further north.

For the creation of missions of Pierre Closterman the book of Georges Eric Coisgne is a complete analysis of the missions of Closterman and the squadron in which he flew, with comparison with the book "Le Grand Cirque" which is a novel.

L9040.jpg

Clostermann-couverture.jpg

Edited by MarcoPegase44
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks 'MarcoPegase44' for the information on Pierre Clostermann's actual combat missions in WWII. I was aware there were quite a few anomalies in his book the 'The Big Show' and as you say it was more a novel with a bit of 'poetic licence' here and there. Because he was a journalist by profession, he certainly could put together a good story and there is no doubt some of his combat descriptions in the 'Big Show' are very to the point and well written and some aren't.

Because of the lack of practice, my French isn't very good and I was going to ask if 'Georges-Eric Coisne' booklet Pierre Clostermann  'Journal of Operations' Jan 43 to May 45 is obtainable in English, it would be an interesting read.

Regards,

DFLion

• 2 months later...

DFlion, historical or not, i always enjoyed your stuff so far, will try this one tonight.

A friend lives nearby Remagen, i'll try not to hit his house if i crash. Luckily for him it's omitted on the Rheinland map.Thanks.

• Haha 1