Sign in to follow this  
ITAF_Airone1989

Corona NotChallenge

Posted (edited)

Hi to all guys,

something really strange it's happening all around the world, so big that had effect also in flight simulator's world.
So, as italians, we are really involved in this.

Corona it's a costant in our mind, we are sorrounded by this topic during our days, during our nights, during our "eatpasta" moments and also during our time in flight.
We really belive that everything will be ok, but we are living a weird situation.

On our YouTube channel a follower asked us to make a video like "Frecce Tricolori", for support our country in this silly time.

That's why we want to propose you a NotChallenge.
What is this? Easy to explain.

1) It's not a challenge.

2) It's a little way to show our love to the whole community in this difficult moment.

3) Simply, what you have to do it's to record a formation flight with colour of your country (or whatever you want).

4) We tried to do some aereobatic, but it's really not necessary (neither easy!).. We did our best, but we are sure there will be somebody better than us and somebody worst. We really don't care.
Our only goal it's to involve as many others groups as possibile in this videos and, why not, to do a compilation them. We hope it's a simple way for this community to show a little bit of love to everybody, to remeber that we really like to make holes in enemy airplanes, but we are always ready to hug them when needed.

Thanks to all those who want to partecipate,
and a special "Grazie mille" to @JimTM that helped us editing the mission!

Edited by ITAF_Airone1989
  • Like 18
  • Upvote 10

Bravi ragazzi! Ottimo lavoro, però cercate di editare in 2K se no YouTube taglia di brutto la qualità

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Per aspera ad astra....💚🤍❤️

Edited by ITAF_Rani
  • Thanks 1

Grazie mille ragazzi! Coraggio a tutti!

Saluti dalla Svizzera

• Thanks 1

Sorry, I don't speak Italian, but I hope you accept our prayers for you and your countrymen, and women....

KB

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

We are continuing to train, waiting for somebody else that want to try some acro.. ;)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Bravo Italian Friends :friends:....be strong and keep courage, we will shot down this fucking virus...Viva Italia, Viva España...Viva Europa...!!! :friends:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Well done m8s

F&€k da covid, viva da covideo

Edited by PatCartier
  • Thanks 1

I love this idea folks! I'm going to participate with a group that's going to do something similar and I posted about it on Stormbirds. I'd love to see the broader community come together with this little show of solidarity.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 4/7/2020 at 10:24 PM, ShamrockOneFive said:

I love this idea folks! I'm going to participate with a group that's going to do something similar and I posted about it on Stormbirds. I'd love to see the broader community come together with this little show of solidarity.

If anyone needs a particular map, location, season, time, and plane set to fly a demo with, I can create a mission for them.

Edited by JimTM
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

At least a couple of groups outside of the IL-2 community are going to do their own version of this too. So it's spreading now! Love to see a few more IL-2 squadrons tackle it too.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

At least a couple of groups outside of the IL-2 community are going to do their own version of this too. So it's spreading now! Love to see a few more IL-2 squadrons tackle it too.

Amazing!!

Yesterday we had a little practise with a little new surprise... 

I will upload the video soon!

But we also had some problem with smokes!

I can perfectly see mine, but my teammates smoke seems to be basically invisible...

And for them was the same, everybody can just see its own smoke, not others.. also in Replay..

Edit:

It's a problem of the new version, they said are already working on this...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ITAF_Airone1989 said:

Amazing!!

Yesterday we had a little practise with a little new surprise... 

I will upload the video soon!

But we also had some problem with smokes!

I can perfectly see mine, but my teammates smoke seems to be basically invisible...

And for them was the same, everybody can just see its own smoke, not others.. also in Replay..

Edit:

It's a problem of the new version, they said are already working on this...

Yeah there was a bug there but thankfully it's fixed. My flying group is going to take part as soon as we can get everyone together.

Meanwhile, Spudknocker and his group have done a missing man formation in F-14's a response.

Loving the cross community support. More to come here!

• Upvote 2

Brilliant! I would've liked to have seen a bit more of the panoramic as a pose to the close-ups though. I love those sort of acrobatics and you don't really get the best  picture when the camera is real close to the aircraft.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Raptorattacker said:

Brilliant! I would've liked to have seen a bit more of the panoramic as a pose to the close-ups though. I love those sort of acrobatics and you don't really get the best  picture when the camera is real close to the aircraft.

Right, we are working on put some cameras next to the airfield...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Three of us representing the United States and Canada were able to get together to fly a salute in response. Here is our video!

We salute everyone dealing with and fighting this terrible situation.

Edited by ShamrockOneFive
  • Like 8

Brilliant stuff guys! Just love it when people come together and support each other. Durchhalten, wir schaffen auch das! :good:

• Thanks 1

I could have tightened up my flying a bit, but as a New Yorker with family ties to Italy this has hit particularly close to home. I was proud to participate and hope to see a few more from other folks!

• Like 2

Thank you all for the wonderful work and virtual flybys.

Happy Easter. Was the first time I have seen my 3 year old granddaughter in person ( was from a distance but at least I saw her) since March 17.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, ROCKET_KNUT said:

Brilliant stuff guys! Just love it when people come together and support each other. Durchhalten, wir schaffen auch das! :good:

Thanks Rocket! Agreed completely. We're all in this together!

1 hour ago, Utopioneer said:

I could have tightened up my flying a bit, but as a New Yorker with family ties to Italy this has hit particularly close to home. I was proud to participate and hope to see a few more from other folks!

You did great! Thanks for helping to organize this. I don't think Utopioneer got enough credit here as he setup the scenario and hosted the multiplayer server for us to do this on as well as flew in the formation. Great stuff!

1 hour ago, skline00 said:

Happy Easter. Was the first time I have seen my 3 year old granddaughter in person ( was from a distance but at least I saw her) since March 17.

Definitely hard for everyone being so separated. I hope that you'll be able to see her again soon!

• Thanks 1

I asked other groups to take part and now we've got a 66 person formation done by the Grim Reapers. Appreciate the solidarity that they are showing alongside everyone else in all of this.

Love to see some more IL-2 groups coming together on this too! If they do be sure to post the links here.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 4/12/2020 at 6:56 PM, skline00 said:

Right there with you man. My little pal is five, haven't gotten a hug from her in a month. But, at least she's healthy and safe. I have another granddaughter due in five weeks. I hope this virus is over soon. I'd sure like to hold her before she walks.

Stay safe everyone.

Edited by Rjel
  • Like 2