Sign in to follow this  
raaaid

e sports, f1 series

edit:

i just purchased the game to play online, ill make a review in some time :)

i think the 55 bucks i spent on the f1 2019 was a good inversion in fun

the time attack is full of cheaters but the single player physics in full real is just fantastic, it reminds me  a lot of grand prix legends, you have to be really smooth with the accelerator

havent tried the multiplayer yet but its full of people

its not a game its a very decent f1 sim

• Like 1

i was wrong on the leaderboards full of cheaters it was just i had a different car and didnt know 

the thing is that when ever i have to pilot anything easy to spin in  game a car or a plane i try to emulate the f16 controls ultrashort runway and very stiff forces

i just couldnt control spins in this game but now i use 75 degrees lock in my 900 degrees g25 with the force at maximum damped at maximum as well and i can countersteer ultrafast and still keep a clean line

real pilots use 350 degrees i just cant cope with that the way im wired my system is like using telepathic controls

also the physics of assetto corsa is identical to f1 2019 but unlike in assetto corsa you dont qualify multiplayer 20 minutes for a 5 laps race which is boring but in f1 2019 its a single shot lap and then 5 laps race mostly

probably is the only game i bought in the last 20 years which im getting back as fun its cost

here myself on my favourite game mode

playing a multiplayer asynchronous hotlap against 100k pilots 😄

• Like 1

Melbourne is one of my favorite modern tracks....I hate most modern tracks.

Turn off the cheater line.

• Upvote 1

yesterday real f1 pilots had a competition in melbourne

i watched the qualification and the times were identical to ai on maximum dificulty

f1 2010 and 2014 didnt like them but 2019 nails it

9 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

It's funny. I found my times improve after turning off the "Cheater Line". Yes, I had already spent a while learning the tracks and whatnot, but I found that with it on I would only ever rely on it to tell me when to brake instead of looking at the track and surroundings. When I turned it off I spent a little while experimenting where the best part of the track was to brake for each corner and eventually I didn't even need to think about it. It meant I shifted my focus to properly look at the corner and decide what the best way was to get around it.

However, that's for hot laps. I still struggle with it off during an actual race.

• Upvote 1

i find it usefull for racing online in circuits you dont know but i think stumble is right

currently its the only assist im using

well i still think the game at least in single player is great what is not so great is people playing it

check out how leclerc at minute 3 takes that corner without braking

he is using a grip mod cheat as half of the people in the leaderboards

as if it was not enough that real pilots use assist they decide to take it farther and plain cheat

still he is in 1 20 others who cheat as him are on 1 16

i wonder if it gets more pathetic than this

i researched and codemasters permits to use cheat mods online without banning it

• Haha 1

I'm pretty sure corners 11 and 12 can be taken without braking if they're hit right. From when I used to play F1 2019 I would only need to lift off in 7th I think to get around.

Watch this video of Hamilton doing a hotlap aroundthe track. Go to 0:48. I'm pretty sure he only lifts off there... Normally they show their gear, speed, accelerator and brake but this one doesn't show it which is annoying. 

You are right tho, multiplayer is a pain!!

There are so many people who can't drive to save themselves, but sometimes it's fun to try dodge in-between the carnage starting from last place and then seeing how you go. 

I mainly enjoyed going through career mode with a mid to rear field team. But it would take me so long to learnt tracks I only made it in like 1/4 of the way.

It's a great game tho and amazing sport. I'm real annoyed lost of my favorite tracks have been cancelled this year :(. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

maybe im wrong but if you can cheat why wouldnt they cheat, just like the tour of france where everybody goes doped

edit

and he doesnt break either at 2 28 where you need to break if you want to get the apex

Edited by raaaid

Posted (edited)
On 4/4/2020 at 2:41 PM, raaaid said:

stumble please if you will check the dinamic racing line in the discussed corner, you need to brake really hard there, engine brake is not enough 

hell i was happy as hell with this game but cheating screw it so hard for me, well at least as i did so many times now everybody will play russian roulete with 3 bullets in the drum, slow axfisiation, its sad im happy about that

back on 2010 they publish ferrari virtual academy with the assetto corsa physics where you could compete with ral pilots, best racing game ever

fernando alonso is a decent sportive gentleman and great pilot much better than me but felipe masa provided a screwed setup he didnt use for his hotlap, what an asshole

Edited by raaaid

Posted (edited)

Surely one year on from the bug being made known, the devs would have found some solution. Especially considering their game is being used for F1 Esports which is broadcasted on Sky Sports... But maybe I'm wrong?

I don't have the game atm and frankly cant be bothered installing it now, but I'm somewhere around 80% sure that you only need to lift for that corner. Yeah the 'cheat line' does show red, so hard braking is recommended, but perhaps try lifting while in 7th when you are at the second or third red flag marker thingy. Then I remember you had to really swing onto the apex.

EDIT:

Oh okay I am partly wrong, I had a look at some laps by other people and it looks like the very briefly tap the brakes right before they turn in. Even in the video of Charles Leclerc at 3:00 if you look at the bottom left, it shows he briefly tapped the brake. Also, he was only in 7th compared to this guy who was taking it in 8th and had a little greater speed.

Corner at 0:58

And same with this guy here, he held it in 7th and did that tap but really hit the apex similarly to what Charles did.

Corner at 1:50

Do you see what I mean?

Also:

5 hours ago, raaaid said:

and he doesnt break either at 2 28 where you need to break if you want to get the apex

I think if you get the right line through there, and change the gear up (Like how he went to 4th) you can get around there without braking.

But never the less, you are right. Cheating in game ruins everything. It really pisses me off!!

S!

Edited by Stumble
  • Thanks 1

yeah you maybe right, trully icant be sure leclerc is cheating is just a suspicious

anyway i guess the top guy who is making 1 16 does

it sucks really bad i was loving this game till now

Posted (edited)

well i got fed up with this game and i dont recomend it at all any more unless you want to get fed up with cheaters and crashers

as they say best things in life are free

im using this now to have fun driving 

http://gplworld.de/en/grand-prix-legends/gpl-2020-demo

to get out of racing just press scape and then enter while stopped 🙂

Edited by raaaid

On 4/6/2020 at 2:20 AM, Gambit21 said:

Melbourne is one of my favorite modern tracks....I hate most modern tracks.

thats a very good point, in modern tracks you can cut in nearly every corner and is up to the judges to have favoritism in who cuts and who doesnt

old tracks as grand prix legends its just not posible to cut anywhere

edit:

theres a problem making a racing sim and its modelling grip

grip is function of static or dynamic friction and according the engineering i studied friction is independent of contact area, thats the current state of knowledge as coulomb stablished hundreds of years ago, so would be the same according this to go on bycicle tyres or f1 tyres

of course people like ferrari know better than the bs that is taught in colleges

i did some testing with real cars concerning skids

assetto corsa is far from the real thing on the other hand gpl feels much much more authentic

here a video i did on gpl demo 2020

Anyone know what game the pro drivers are using? Caught a couple of races on TV.

2 hours ago, MiloMorai said:

Anyone know what game the pro drivers are using? Caught a couple of races on TV.

theyre driving f1 2019 but i dont recomend this game at all unless you want to get frustrated with cheaters and crashers

edit:

well first my apologies for the mean comment i was not getting enough sleeping

second the physics of f1 2019 are right on the spot with assetto corsa and grand prix legends

and actually not ranked online races are very fun on a mad max or starwars 1 way :) 

i reinstalled the game

On 4/9/2020 at 8:54 PM, raaaid said:

theyre driving f1 2019 but i dont recomend this game at all unless you want to get frustrated with cheaters and crashers

Just race in single player career mode. Yeah you can't beat anything like racing with real people, but the AI us pretty aggressive and fun. Just turn it up to maybe somewhere around 100-110 (I think 110 is max but can't remember) and choose a midfield team. Don't worry about trying to get 1st place right away, just try stay away from trouble even if it means not scoring any points for the season. 

That's what I reckon at least. There's no point giving up on a perfectly fine game because some people on the leaderboard cheat. Just ignore them and only associate with those who don't have any interest in cheating. The same goes for any game tbh.

Stay safe!

S!

• Like 1

yeah thanks for the advice im trying now 350º lock with force feedback at 60% and im improving a lot

the problem is this is new for me i had never driven without traction control but its fun :) 

low sensitivity on the wheel gives you a slow motion perception

yeah having the right lock is critical. I'm always so bad at setting up FFB settings and never know what I really am meant to be looking for. That's why I usually look up "Best FFB settings for G27 Logitech __(Insert game name here)__" and then get used to that.

Also just FYI, I'm not very good at racing so I ain't no expert even tho I'm trying to talk like one :)

S!

• Upvote 1

well the multiplayer doesnt work the time attack leaderboards are full of cheaters and the ai crashes with you all the time

now the physics are great

edit:

well ive just tried the ranked servers and now im having fun with clean races, a totally different game to unranked servers