MLSK

Wanting to jump in

Hello.

I have heard about IL2 few weeks ago and I am since very interested in this game, but I wanted to know if I had to be a sim veteran to play this game. For info I have played about 100 hours in War Thunder SB which I know is not really a sim

And about the setup I don't know if my Acer Aspire 5 with an AMD Ryzen is good enough to make the game run smoothly nor if my t-flight hotas 4 is good enough for this game

And lastly I wanted to know if there are periods in the year where I can find the game cheaper than 50 dollars which is a bit to much for me 

Thank you for reading and answering to this post and I apology for my bad English 

1 hour ago, MLSK said:

Hello.

I have heard about IL2 few weeks ago and I am since very interested in this game, but I wanted to know if I had to be a sim veteran to play this game. For info I have played about 100 hours in War Thunder SB which I know is not really a sim

And about the setup I don't know if my Acer Aspire 5 with an AMD Ryzen is good enough to make the game run smoothly nor if my t-flight hotas 4 is good enough for this game

And lastly I wanted to know if there are periods in the year where I can find the game cheaper than 50 dollars which is a bit to much for me 

Thank you for reading and answering to this post and I apology for my bad English 

Hey MLSK. Welcome to the forums! I think with 100 hours of War Thunder under your belt that you'll be able to transition to IL-2 without too much trouble. There WILL be a learning curve as IL-2 is much more of a sim than War Thunder is, however, some of the basics are still there and there are enough difficulty modes to make the transition smoothly with basic engine management and some helpers turned on at first and then you can gradually turn them off as you desire a more realistic experience. That's typically what happens with many people - though some jump in the deep end. Depends on your level of patience :)

A couple of suggestions for you. Hop on YouTube and watch as much IL-2: Great Battles related content as possible. That should help you see what it's like. Don't mind the folks who are 15 year flight sim experts showing off. Everyone starts small :)

Then go check out Requiem's Air Combat Tutorial Library. His videos will get you up to speed no problem: https://www.youtube.com/user/RequiemBoS

As for your laptop, hard to say as there are many different Acer Aspire 5's. If you've got at least 8GB of RAM (16GB is better) and their Vega integrated graphics you should be able to run it. IL-2 is well optimized these days for the most part and you can typically run things at lower details and still have the sim look really good. Also strongly recommend having a joystick to get a solid experience. I can recommend a few if you need some help there!

2 hours ago, MLSK said:

Hello.

Have a look at the IL-2 Resources post, where you will finds links to resources covering all aspects of the game.

One of the keys to moving from WT to IL2 is to have some patience with yourself.  Pick a plane and learn it reasonably well.  Take a few hours to learn it.  Start with takeoff and landing.  Move from there to gunnery against novice bombers.  Then try quick offline missions against fighters.  

You seem interested in online MP.  When you know the basics of how to fly your plane of choice hook up with somebody and fly together. 

Once you learn one plane the rest will generally be easier.  However, each plane has its quirks.  I don't know how often I spun out my 190 before I got better with it, meanwhile I could fly a 109 NP.