Jump to content
Jaegermeister

Is anyone working on a P-51 Mustang Campaign?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Since I have completed initial work on my P-38 Lightning Campaign, I’m considering starting a Mustang Campaign and would like to hear from anyone working on something similar to avoid duplication. If no one is working on anything like that I think it needs to happen.

 

I flew the Mustang for the first time the other day and it really is a great plane.

 

 

Edited by Jaegermeister
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've started to do something for BoBP but it won't be a Mustang campaign 🙂

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, BlackSix said:

I've started to do something for BoBP but it won't be a Mustang campaign 🙂

Super! P-38!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, alpenspion said:

Super! P-38!!!!

I'm afraid that I would not be able to write literary briefings on behalf of the American pilot, I don't very well understand their mentality at that time. From the memoirs of military WWII pilots was translated into Russian only "Way of a Fighter: The Memoirs of Claire Lee Chennault", this is not enough for my work. It will be something else 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a lot of variants but it isn't a US fighter.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BlackSix said:

I'm afraid that I would not be able to write literary briefings on behalf of the American pilot, I don't very well understand their mentality at that time. From the memoirs of military WWII pilots was translated into Russian only "Way of a Fighter: The Memoirs of Claire Lee Chennault", this is not enough for my work. It will be something else 🙂

 

Yeah, Claire Chennault was a bit of an outsider too. He did not have the typical straight forward American approach. He was more of an intellectual strategist which worked great in the isolated area he was in. He didn’t get along very well with the standard American philosophy though.

 

The American mentality is easy for me to emulate after spending a few years in college being “realigned” in the Air Force ROTC program at the height of the Cold War. 

 

I’m going to take the lack of affirmative responses to indicate that I am in uncharted territory. I wonder how many people would like to fly an American Mustang BoBP campaign? I guess I’ll find out soon enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jaegermeister said:

 

Yeah, Claire Chennault was a bit of an outsider too. He did not have the typical straight forward American approach. He was more of an intellectual strategist which worked great in the isolated area he was in. He didn’t get along very well with the standard American philosophy though.

 

The American mentality is easy for me to emulate after spending a few years in college being “realigned” in the Air Force ROTC program at the height of the Cold War. 

 

I’m going to take the lack of affirmative responses to indicate that I am in uncharted territory. I wonder how many people would like to fly an American Mustang BoBP campaign? I guess I’ll find out soon enough.

Count me in ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Up for that!!!

 

Just like P-38, 47, Me-262, Spitfire, Tempest, etc.

 

WE WANT BoBP CAMPAIGNS!!!!!!!!!🥺

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to your P-38 campaign, Jaeger. I'll keep an eye out for a P-51 campaign from you in the future. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2020 at 8:02 PM, Jaegermeister said:

 

Yeah, Claire Chennault was a bit of an outsider too. He did not have the typical straight forward American approach. He was more of an intellectual strategist which worked great in the isolated area he was in. He didn’t get along very well with the standard American philosophy though.

 

The American mentality is easy for me to emulate after spending a few years in college being “realigned” in the Air Force ROTC program at the height of the Cold War. 

 

I’m going to take the lack of affirmative responses to indicate that I am in uncharted territory. I wonder how many people would like to fly an American Mustang BoBP campaign? I guess I’ll find out soon enough.

 

LOL, realigned.........  I was realigned for 20 years in the USN........  Airedale Navy...... or Wingnuts as black shoes called us...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Priest_of_Dagon said:

Looking forward to your P-38 campaign, Jaeger. I'll keep an eye out for a P-51 campaign from you in the future. Good luck!

 

The first phase of the “Lightning Strikes” campaign is done (I think). It is 25 missions long with the first half on the Autumn Rhineland map and the second half on the Winter map. I appreciate all the volunteers to test, but Jason is taking a look at it to see if his team is going to distribute it. No one else has seen it yet as far as I know, unless he has testers looking at it. I will start a thread when I have more information.

 

Since I have been at home for a while now, I’ve already researched missions and done a story line for the transition of the 370th from P-38s to P-51s in March ‘45. It runs from late January to the end of the war in Europe. That 2nd chapter will be between 20 and 25 missions. I’m not sure because I have not written the ending yet.

 

I have almost finished the mission template and test flown a couple of preliminary missions in the P51. I’m still reading the Mustang pilot manual too.

 

9 hours ago, 361st_Hoss said:

 

LOL, realigned.........  I was realigned for 20 years in the USN........  Airedale Navy...... or Wingnuts as black shoes called us...

 

 

I take it your a brownshoe then. Yeah, dress... right... dress wasn’t for me.

 

 

Edited by Jaegermeister
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yeah, but is that Dresssss right?............ or At a close interval Dresssss Riiiiiiight...

 

I still mill about in a military manner though...

 

 

Hoss

 

Edited by 361st_Hoss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 361st_Hoss said:

Yeah, but is that Dresssss right?............ or At a close interval Dresssss Riiiiiiight...

 

Hoss

 

 

I didn’t want to yell... 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jaegermeister said:

 

The first phase of the “Lightning Strikes” campaign is done (I think). It is 25 missions long with the first half on the Autumn Rhineland map and the second half on the Winter map. I appreciate all the volunteers to test, but Jason is taking a look at it to see if his team is going to distribute it. No one else has seen it yet as far as I know, unless he has testers looking at it. I will start a thread when I have more information.

 

Since I have been at home for a while now, I’ve already researched missions and done a story line for the transition of the 370th from P-38s to P-51s in March ‘45. It runs from late January to the end of the war in Europe. That 2nd chapter will be between 20 and 25 missions. I’m not sure because I have not written the ending yet.

 

I have almost finished the mission template and test flown a couple of preliminary missions in the P51. I’m still reading the Mustang pilot manual too.

 

 

I take it your a brownshoe then. Yeah, dress... right... dress wasn’t for me.

 

 

If you search for a French translator (and a tester BTW), I’m your man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was planning on making a P-51 campaign, but I am kind of at a loss for it as I want to do bomber escort missions, but we have b-25s not b-17 and as far as bombing targets I don't see many historical bombing sites for the Americans that are on the map. though that is less noticeable when doing a campaign since we can take some liberties.  But a flying a flight of b-25s is just kind of wierd.  I could do it in DCS, but Honestly I am really unimpressed with its WWII content in comparison to this game with the acceptation of the lack of a b-17.  But perhaps it will come at a later date when other battles are finished.  I do know there are some performance issues with bombers in the current system so I don't expect those to come out until that gets addressed.

 

Either way what do you guys think.  Would you go for it even with the substitutions. Or would that be just a bit too jarring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're over-thinking it. Use B-25's and use the target/cities that we have.

I'd do a Mustang campaign escorting B-25's if I had the time...but I don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'd love a JV44 (Me262) campaign 🤩

Edited by =gRiJ=Roman-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yep, and the Campaign should be up for download next weekend or sooner barring real life and time constraints.
Consists of Random Works Missions on the Bodenplatte Map natch, with rearm/refuel options that opens up different scenarios. So each mission consists basically of 3 to 4 sorties.
Just a heads up. Players will need to have the P-38J-25 and Fw190D-9 collectors planes.

On second thought I'll think this one will only have the player flying the P-51.


A few screenies:

1973254116_LADTrailer01.thumb.jpg.81b6c14bc235ace9813670259bddfee8.jpg

 

261687614_LADTrailer08.jpg.3284eb12c4175dd9fc401d24b514aa1d.jpg

 

1466445428_LADTrailer03.thumb.jpg.3f45943662913eb528b149307eb1c9b3.jpg

 

20041944_LADTrailer06.thumb.jpg.9249675a1e4bbc3c2891168abd1356dd.jpg

 

Tip

Edited by [DBS]Tx_Tip
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, [DBS]Tx_Tip said:

Yep, and the Campaign should be up for download next weekend or sooner barring real life and time constraints.
Consists of Random Works Missions on the Bodenplatte Map natch, with rearm/refuel options that opens up different scenarios. So each mission consists basically of 3 to 4 sorties.
Just a heads up. Players will need to have the P-38J-25 and Fw190D-9 collectors planes.

On second thought I'll think this one will only have the player flying the P-51.

 

Tip

 

So you will be done with a campaign next week, but you are just now deciding which plane the player will be flying? I must have misunderstood somewhere.

 

21 hours ago, zdog0331 said:

 

Either way what do you guys think.  Would you go for it even with the substitutions. Or would that be just a bit too jarring.

 

Most of the missions I have seen for ground attack squadrons doing escort work were B-26 escorts and although they were fairly long range, they were usually not all the way to Berlin. More like into the Ruhr River Valley. That’s a whole different issue though. The only significant difference from the player viewpoint would be the double tail instead of a single tail on the bombers. They were very similar other than that. I don’t see a problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jaegermeister said:

 

So you will be done with a campaign next week, but you are just now deciding which plane the player will be flying? I must have misunderstood somewhere.

 

 

No problemo,

 

For myself having the player transitioning from one aircraft to another within the storyline keeps it fresh. Makes for interesting scenarios. 

However not everyone has the collector aircraft and as the meat and potatoes of the campaign is for the P-51, dropping those two missions isn't a deal breaker.

 

Tip 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, [DBS]Tx_Tip said:

 

No problemo,

 

For myself having the player transitioning from one aircraft to another within the storyline keeps it fresh. Makes for interesting scenarios. 

However not everyone has the collector aircraft and as the meat and potatoes of the campaign is for the P-51, dropping those two missions isn't a deal breaker.

 

Tip 

First of all, great news, I liked playing some of your random missions (I really like the idea of rearming in your missions), and still have to play the ones that involves the heavy Russian bombers (lack of time).
Second, you can always make two versions, one a short one which only have the stock plane P51 and the extended version which have the collector planes.
No need to scrap anything if some people can enjoy your work.

Edited by Zeev

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...