Sign in to follow this  
MechSauce

Tracers visibility seems to be further out before the plane itself renders within view.

Posted (edited)

Hi all, im fairly new to IL2 and  one thing i noticed that happens every single time is that i can spot tracers ( aswell as people with nav lights ) way before i can see the actual plane itself.

https://gfycat.com/scornfulfoolhardygermanpinscher

as you can see, im full zoomed in  and i use trackir zoom aswell. The planes starts popping into visibility as i got closer. 

Its pretty intense sometimes, as im cruising around then next thing i know, im in a middle of a furball lol.

Im not sure if this is an intended feature, or this thing is still a WIP for the devs. ( Hopefully its on  the top of the priority list though. )

for settings im running .8 gamma ( didnt really notice any difference when i tried the .5-6 in config file ) got everything almost set to max.

image.thumb.png.b6ea9b6303df339ce7cbe3afa090d680.png

heres another example, at the start of gif, left side of the action, this is fully zoomed with the chrome extension that allows me to zoom in gifs/videos 

basically this picture shows that 1 tracer being fired, and just underneath it is where the plane should be

Edited by MechSauce
  • Haha 1

yep. tracers, Flak, Landing lights, Smoke trails 

all these things can be seen before an aircraft enters view 

Posted (edited)

What to say than for navigation lights. In RL during sunny day they couldnt be seen so far away. And its getting exploited by squads in online maps. I hate that.

Edited by =VARP=Tvrdi

1 hour ago, =VARP=Tvrdi said:

What to say than for navigation lights. In RL during sunny day they couldnt be seen so far away. And its getting exploited by squads in online maps. I hate that.

you mean whenever they need help they just pop their lights on? 

Posted (edited)
On 3/16/2020 at 9:46 PM, gimpy117 said:

you mean whenever they need help they just pop their lights on? 

That alone is ok but it shouldnt be seen so far away. At least its what RL pilots from our community are saying.

Edited by =VARP=Tvrdi