Sign in to follow this  
[=PzG=]-Southernbear

Is the Hurricane still going to come after the P-47?

I understand the P-47 is one plane, where as from what we know the Hurricane we are getting will allow us to have the Mk.IIB, C, D and Mk IV 40mm meme but given that list was subject to change and that the same work on the Hurricane was shown quite some time before the P-47, are we still expecting the P-47 before the Hurricane?

• Upvote 1

Just an FYI, unless something has changed in the last week or so, don't be holding your breath - the Yak-9 collector is due out before the Hurricane...and that hasn't been released yet, so it is going to be a while still.

If memory serves I think Jason mentioned summertime, one of the Yak types before it, although I could be wrong.;)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Just now, Missionbug said:

If memory serves I think Jason mentioned summertime, one of the Yak types before it, although I could be wrong.;)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

The Yak-9 Series 1 is the only plane of the bunch we've actually seen in-engine so far, and based on the fact that it uses existing tech it's almost certainly the first to release

06.jpg

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, =621=Samikatz said:

The Yak-9 Series 1 is the only plane of the bunch we've actually seen in-engine so far, and based on the fact that it uses existing tech it's almost certainly the first to release

I´m pretty sure we´ll see it in April.

9 hours ago, [=PzG=]-Southernbear said:

I understand the P-47 is one plane, where as from what we know the Hurricane we are getting will allow us to have the Mk.IIB, C, D and Mk IV 40mm meme but given that list was subject to change and that the same work on the Hurricane was shown quite some time before the P-47, are we still expecting the P-47 before the Hurricane?

I've been tracking release information with my own roadmap based on information we get from the developers. https://stormbirds.blog/product-roadmaps/il-2-great-battles-roadmap/

Right now, we've heard nothing that suggests the plan has changed since Jason indicated their rough order. Things do get switched around and we're in a situation right now with greater than usual disruption so anything is possible.

It sounds like the next patch and the Yak-9 are right around the corner, barring disruption, and then we'll see where things shake out from there.

Posted (edited)

Bloody Yaks... I need my Hurri... Whats that?... I don't care if they are all still up at Murmansk, and yes, I'll have another G&T, while I wait... WHAT! what do you mean the mess is closed because of some sort of virus... BAH!

Edited by Trooper117
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

Bloody Yaks... I need my Hurri... Whats that?... I don't care if they are all still up at Murmansk, and yes, I'll have another G&T, while I wait... WHAT! what do you mean the mess is closed because of some sort of virus... BAH!

"Nurse, Nurse, my god this man has COVID-19!"
"No, I'm afraid it's much worse than that. I've seen this before. Wild ravings, random historical interjections, bizarrely detailed technical debates...This man is a combat flight sim enthusiast. We'll have to quarantine him for his own safety, until we get a new supply of digital warplanes."
"Will that cure him?"
"Oh, god, no, it's incurable, but it will help with the withdrawal. The gin can't hurt either."

• Haha 9

2 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

"Nurse, Nurse, my god this man has COVID-19!"
"No, I'm afraid it's much worse than that. I've seen this before. Wild ravings, random historical interjections, bizarrely detailed technical debates...This man is a combat flight sim enthusiast. We'll have to quarantine him for his own safety, until we get a new supply of digital warplanes."
"Will that cure him?"
"Oh, god, no, it's incurable, but it will help with the withdrawal. The gin can't hurt either."

Cheers Mate!

• Like 2

From Jason himself, this is the PROPOSED schedule:

• Yak-9/ 9T
  • P-47D-22
  • Hurricane Mk. IIb/c/d
  • C-47 (AI)
  • Fw-190 A-6
  • Spitfire Mk. XIV
  • Typhoon Mk.Ib
  • P-51B/C
  • Bf-190 G-6 (Late)
  • Ju-88 C-6a
  • B-26 (AI)
  • Mosquito FB Mk.VI
  • Me-410
  • Ar-234
  • V-1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I mean I know all this, obviously the Yaks...or at least the first yak is due sometimes soon but just wondering given the Hurricane dev blog came a few weeks before the P-47 if those 2 had changed

1 hour ago, [=PzG=]-Southernbear said:

I mean I know all this, obviously the Yaks...or at least the first yak is due sometimes soon but just wondering given the Hurricane dev blog came a few weeks before the P-47 if those 2 had changed

Keep calm. They will deliver. So far they have not dissapointed.

• Like 1

Ok, so you "know all this" but you are still asking? What do you want, just some speculation?

Even if the Hurricane's 3D model was started sooner, it still has some guns that haven't been modelled before, an engine that hasn't been modelled before, and a completely new airframe to base the flight model on

The P-47D-22 isn't a copy-paste job, but they have a lot more they can reference already in the sim

• Upvote 1

I'm really looking forward to the earlier P-51's... We will be able to use it as a Mustang III in RAF service as well as USAF...

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

I'm really looking forward to the earlier P-51's... We will be able to use it as a Mustang III in RAF service as well as USAF...

Since we're getting V-1s they should seriously consider giving it the RAF's anti-diver boost settings, too 👀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trooper117 said:

Guessing so. We already have a RAF skin for the P-51D :)