Sign in to follow this  
raaaid

does anybody play on tags on server

could you point me to a server with tags on please?

tags off its a different game i dont like

On 3/14/2020 at 6:20 PM, raaaid said:

could you point me to a server with tags on please?

tags off its a different game i dont like

No, tagged servers are empty.  The game "you don't like" is exactly how this game is meant to be.  Sorry.

• Upvote 4

haven't been playing for a while now, but there were a few servers with tags enabled. one of them in particular almost all the time had people on it and that was the "official 1CGS DED EU" server (or something like that)

On 3/22/2020 at 1:59 PM, Senor_Jefe-6 said:

No, tagged servers are empty.  The game "you don't like" is exactly how this game is meant to be.  Sorry.

what a lovely response, you must be fun to hang around with.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, EpeeNoire said:

haven't been playing for a while now, but there were a few servers with tags enabled. one of them in particular almost all the time had people on it and that was the "official 1CGS DED EU" server (or something like that)

what a lovely response, you must be fun to hang around with.

Sorry, suppose I should shoot flowers up everyone's ass as not to offend anyone.  What I said was concise, however i guess everyone deserves elaborate and needless interaction now, so here it goes: (OP, the sarcasm in the following response is not directed at you, but you may find it moderately more useful than my original reply)

There are servers that have tags on. There is usually a handful of people, two to ten, on the DED server at any given time, which provides no meaningful gameplay.  (Oh great, now I have to define meaningful.)  Meaningful means you will see combat or be immersed in a mission in a way that is more MEANINGFUL than quick missions in SP.  

The game in MP does not cater to those with tags on because of the game's intent to be more simulation than game, and the general player base's opinion.  This is corroborated by looking at the servers that ARE actually populated, and many times FULL (TAW, WOL, Virtual Finnish, etc.)

This is not to say "tags are bad".  I use them in SP all the time to hone skills, but there is little use for them in MP, as this is a situational awareness nightmare.  

If OP could tell us what he does not like about "no tags" gameplay, then perhaps we can steer him in the right direction to either make it more enjoyable, or provide alternate solutions.

P.S.  EpeeNoir - I long to hang out with you so.  Please be my best friend.

Edited by Senor_Jefe-6
  • Upvote 1

Ah, we have found another my way or the highway adherent.

Epee is correct, the DED EU Official server has icons and during most European hours has twenty to thirty flying at a time. Last week the numbers were solid even into the early evening hours in the US. There are both novice and some really excellent pilots in the server. Don't let people shame you for flying the way you want. Not everyone has the time, eyes or interest to fly full real.

• Upvote 2

I like the DED EU Official server. There‘s usually enough people there for good gameplay. It does not have the padlock sight activated as Berloga, where you can use that to scan for enemies. I would respectfully disagree that you don‘t have meaningful gameplay there, as there are in effect similar objectives to reach than any other server. What differentiates this DED server is mainly that you have everything set up so close to each other that you find action immediately. If you have 15 minutes free time, you‘re good to go for a whole flight on such a server. Also player base varies from total beginner to certain players who seem to be always on there and that have the respective abilities.

If you have 15 min, go DED.

If you have 30+ min, you can go WoL.

If you have 1+ hour, you can go CombatBox.

If you have no life other than playing combat sims, you can go TAW.

Also, you can always go on Berloga.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/23/2020 at 11:41 AM, =BES=Senor_Jefe said:

P.S.  EpeeNoir - I long to hang out with you so.  Please be my best friend.

How can you tell? You don't have any tags on. 

I checked out the DED server and I really like it. Does anybody have any other list of servers that have tags on, I have a bad eyesight and the tags on are really helping me to enjoy the sim.

Hi Kozel

We have this  servers whit icons too

Air Attack Tatical Combat in 2 modes : tatical map and duel map;  

Oh My Dog server 🖖 

They are very good server 

best.

• Thanks 1

and maybe one day we will have the pleasure to see the Normal CoConut server again.

=> this was to me most entertaining server for getting involved in an online play, with campagain, stats, AI planes + human plane.

with marker on, it was a real pleasure to fly in and less tiring than constant furbal you may see on other dogfight servers.

Now I fly on the "finish" server (marker OFF) and despite te higher challenge, it was a good transition for me. ( Kuban map is easy to navigate on and you can more ealissy anticipate were action will be and take adequate measure to deal with it :)

Any choice you will have, get some fun and check 6' !