Paul Allen's MiG-29 up for sale

3 hours ago, wheelsup_cavu said:

Now that Paul has passed away I suspect over time more and more of his collection is going to be sold off.

Wheels

The MiG is likely being sold to free up funds for further, more practical aircraft and armor purchases for the museum.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...

Looked high and low through the off topic forum for an announcement on FHCAM shutting down operations and I could not find it. This announcement from a few days ago only reinforces my opinion that the collection will eventually be dispersed to the wind.

Wheels

The Mig has been for sale for a while....fiscally not sustainable..

I think they will continue to do well, just have to scale back some of their more ambitious projects.  They better stay open for a long long time because I am planning on volunteering there when I retire

I’m inclined to think they’re never going to open back up, which is a real shame, because that place was the BEST. They sent out emails to refund membership dues earlier this week. What a shame. 

I've been enjoying going there since moving up here two years ago. Saw them go from one hanger to three from when we first visited as tourists in 2012 till now. They were just working on re-building a Stuka and were doing taxi runs with their Me262 with original design / modern materials Jumo 004's. I was a little disappointed they didn't/couldn't fly the FW-190 during the last fly day last year like they planned but got to enjoy what they did fly anyway. It would be a real disappointment if they close down.