single player campaing with high altitude missions/ sweeps?

I play mostly single player dynamic "East front" campaigns and they are fine, I like them

but most, if not all German missions are around an altitude of 2K to 2.5K; so I either go on my own at high altitude, or I follow the mission's wing leader and stay at relatively low altitude vs Russian planes that are better on the horizontal

question is: is there a scripted campaign in which the missions are more realistic in the sense of German fighters staying high and diving for attacks? I really want to learn how to do it and somehow I always end in turn fights against AI

[=PzG=]-BarbraSosi

there is PWCG, you can set the altitude and routes the formation will fly, then it will generate mission for you. hope this helps

Edited by [=PzG=]-BarbraSosi

I have tried the PWCG a month ago and never got any chance to actually start the mission.
I got stuck at mission creation and read the forum guides and unfortunately was not able to properly configure the mission 😕
Tried to ask about the issue in the PWCG forum but did not get any reply. :(

Edited by Zeev
[=PzG=]-BarbraSosi

@Zeev what was your issue specifically? were you unable to create the mission? or did you get stuck at the mission config?

if you can give a concise problem, i think i might be able to help.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, [=PzG=]-BarbraSosi said:

@Zeev what was your issue specifically? were you unable to create the mission? or did you get stuck at the mission config?

if you can give a concise problem, i think i might be able to help.

Hi,

After the mission is randomized and I see the pilot names I cannot proceed (or do not know how) how to start the mission.

[=PzG=]-BarbraSosi

@Zeev if you watch the video I posted at the 4:30 mark, it shows you how to generate a mission. After you generate a mission, you still need to open the game to play the mission. I hope it helps.

5 hours ago, [=PzG=]-BarbraSosi said:

@Zeev if you watch the video I posted at the 4:30 mark, it shows you how to generate a mission. After you generate a mission, you still need to open the game to play the mission. I hope it helps.

Thanks.

PatrickAWlson

@Zeev Apologies for missing that.  PWCG is a standalone Java program.  The BoX game has no idea that it even exists.  PWCG makes a mission that looks like it came from the in game mission editor.  In the game, PWCG missions will show up under "missions" and not as a campaign.

The videos are 2-5 minutes long.  

@Jorge_S Per the OP: the high altitude bombing intercepts thread inspired me to try to get that into PWCG.  Working on it now.